John Stossel gets owned..

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Amused - You don't put any blame on Stossel at all? If someone went up to a gang banger and started cracking jokes at him and then got himself beat up, would you defend the victim as well? I mean, they are just words right?

From where does the gang banger derive this right to commit assault that you and I do not have?

I don't give a flying fsck who you are. Questions are not a valid excuse for assault.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Amused - You don't put any blame on Stossel at all? If someone went up to a gang banger and started cracking jokes at him and then got himself beat up, would you defend the victim as well? I mean, they are just words right?

soo being a gang banger gives you the right to commit assault? damn i did not know this.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
I believe I am the experts on this area as I have wrestled for a longer time than you all were born. Take it by the grains of sand that if any reporters every interview me when I am wrestling then they better watch their ears.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Rapidskies
I believe I am the experts on this area as I have wrestled for a longer time than you all were born. Take it by the grains of sand that if any reporters every interview me when I am wrestling then they better watch their ears.

Why the ears?

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
Originally posted by: chusteczka

Why the ears?

Did you watch the videos? Did you see what the wrestlers can do to the ears? Think before you speaks next time.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005

Stop... please stop. You are making yourself look like a fool.

"Gang bangers"? LMAO

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006

Why the ears?

Did you watch the videos? Did you see what the wrestlers can do to the ears? Think before you speaks next time.

You did not answer the question, instead you chose to ridicule someone for a supposedly obvious answer that you do not appear to be able to answer.

I still do not understand the relationship between a wrestler and an attack for a person's ears. Boxers do not go for the ears, do they? I am not sure. Practitioners of the martial arts do not appear to target the ears. Why would a wrestler specifically target a person's ears?

I tihnk this is a legitimate question that I do not have the answer to.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003

Why the ears?

You did not answer the question, instead you chose to ridicule someone for a supposedly obvious answer that you do not appear to be able to answer.

I still do not understand the relationship between a wrestler and an attack for a person's ears. Boxers do not go for the ears, do they? I am not sure. Practitioners of the martial arts do not appear to target the ears. Why would a wrestler specifically target a person's ears?

Are you a wrestlers? NO! so yes I can then ridicules you all I like. Every wrestelers in this forums can attest to the deprevaties that can occur from targeting your opponents ears. The buttwipes mentalities of the nonwrestlers are appartently eveident. Just do not go showing your ears where your nose does not belong or else you may get the burning from the molten lavas buddies.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006

Why the ears?

Are you a wrestlers? NO! so yes I can then ridicules you all I like. Every wrestelers in this forums can attest to the deprevaties that can occur from targeting your opponents ears. The buttwipes mentalities of the nonwrestlers are appartently eveident. Just do not go showing your ears where your nose does not belong or else you may get the burning from the molten lavas buddies.

I asked a question on a subject that I do not understand.
Why is there a perceived need for ridicule?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
crap ... does anyone have it hosted somewhere else? youtube doesn't work at work :(

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003

Why the ears?

Because I can wrestles with the ears and you can not possiblies?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Why the ears?

he is just trying to troll. so please don't feed him.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
Originally posted by: Nebor
Stossel got what he deserved for being a jerk. I wish more people would lay the smack down.

He was a jerk but he didn't hit the guy. Stossel is a man...he backs down to nobody.

The wrestler was a bigger man. One who knows how to solve his problems with violence.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Personally, I find John Stossel's interviewing style to be obnoxious. I'm suprised that he doesn't get smacked around more often.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: FelixDeKat
You could tell the guy was tweakin on roids. Shoulda left well alone.

If that guy was on roids at the time, he needed to get a fscking refund. Hell, I'm bigger than him.

I have an old event program from the days of Stampede Wrestling when Dr Dave Schultz wrestled here in Calgary. He's listed at 6'3" 240lbs. He would eat you for breakfast dude.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Rudee

If that guy was on roids at the time, he needed to get a fscking refund. Hell, I'm bigger than him.

I have an old event program from the days of Stampede Wrestling when Dr Dave Schultz wrestled here in Calgary. He's listed at 6'3" 240lbs. He would eat you for breakfast dude.

I'm 6' 210 lbs. with under 15% bodyfat. I'm not much smaller over all, and proportionately much bigger and far more defined than he is in that video.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005

I'm 6' 210 lbs. with under 15% bodyfat. I'm not much smaller over all, and proportionately much bigger and far more defined than he is in that video.

Yeah, wrestlers always seem to have 20%+ bodyfat. It's gross.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I like Stossel because he isn't afraid to call anybody out regardless of his personal opinion. As cliche as it may sounds, he seems to be one of the few more "fair and balanced" reporters out there.

Pikachu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Gawd Amused, they aren't worth the trouble. Laughing at people being assaulted? Hell, they watch pro wrestling for Christ's sake. That says it all. :roll:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Pikachu
Gawd Amused, they aren't worth the trouble. Laughing at people being assaulted? Hell, they watch pro wrestling for Christ's sake. That says it all. :roll:

hmm i watch pro wrestling and i agree with amused.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

Yeah, wrestlers always seem to have 20%+ bodyfat. It's gross.

yeah some of the old time "wrestlers" were kinda fat. though the new generation are pretty buff.

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Pikachu

hmm i watch pro wrestling and i agree with amused.

I dont watch pro wrestling and i dont agree with amused.