John Stossel gets owned..

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: platinumike
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Pikachu
Gawd Amused, they aren't worth the trouble. Laughing at people being assaulted? Hell, they watch pro wrestling for Christ's sake. That says it all. :roll:

hmm i watch pro wrestling and i agree with amused.

I dont watch pro wrestling and i dont agree with amused.

Is assault funny when it happens to you? Do you laugh when someone violates your rights?

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Chadder007
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
I absolutley love John Stossel. He's a consumer advocate but he also likes to expose the scams and cheats in big government which earned a bad reputation among his colleagues.

:werd:
He is pretty cool. He has a new book out too.

I was skimming through it at the store, he targets frauds on both ends of the political spectrum. Looked interesting, I might pick it up later.

mjrpes3

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: fisher

it's amusing to see this compared to cops being shot at by criminals and road rage. you go into someone's office, tell them what they do is "fake" and keep pushing to get a reaction and see what eventually happens.

lol, as if wrestlers don't already know that what they do is fake? like they aren't being paid big bucks to do fake things?

it's not like Stossel was hurting David Schultz's ego by asking him a question like that. the anger was planned, the slap was planned, just like everything else in the WWF. they're actors, ffs.

so there is no justifiable 'outrage' by a wrestler being asked whether their sport is fake. in this case, the planned 'response' was a very lousy one, and the assault charge was fully justified.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: shoRunner
that was hilarious

/thread

I think it's amazing in a forum filled with nerds who have more often than not been bullied their entire lives, that so many find this complete violation of rights and dignity "funny."

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: fisher
he's probably already pissed off about the whole situation, so you stick a camera in his face? besides, these guys get legitimately beat up and injured doing their jobs. sure the outcomes are fixed, but it doesn't change the fact they are really taking pretty hard bumps in the ring to entertain people. getting thrown to the ground hurts and certainly isn't fake, no matter how much you train to take the throw.

The wrestler is in the entertainment business, he should be capable of handling a reporter without assaulting him. He could have responded something like "if you think it's fake why don't you get in the ring and see for yourself?" True, wrestling is physically demanding but it ain't the UFC or boxing where they are really fighting to win.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Seems to me the "wrestler" got pwned...now the fvcktard that Buzz Aldrin knocked on his ass for getting in his face about swearing on the bible about the moon landing....that dude got pwned.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: rbV5
Seems to me the "wrestler" got pwned...now the fvcktard that Buzz Aldrin knocked on his ass for getting in his face about swearing on the bible about the moon landing....that dude got pwned.

There a clip avail online of that one?

Toonces

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: OCNewbie
Originally posted by: rbV5

There a clip avail online of that one?

Text

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Amused
You think assault is funny?

This happened in 1984. Stossel sued and collected about a half million.

Real bright.

It was worth it. Stossel is a clown and half-wit.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Todd33
Originally posted by: Amused
You think assault is funny?

This happened in 1984. Stossel sued and collected about a half million.

Real bright.

It was worth it. Stossel is a clown and half-wit.
Explain?