John McCain is only Politician With Integrity on Hill

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Agreed.

He was easily my preferred choice.

Far from perfect but I believe he is someone who really cares and would cater to special interests way less than the others.

Better than Gore and way better than Bush.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
If McCain were running now I couldn't vote for him because he supports the war. On the other hand, I don't think McCain would have sent our boys over there in the first place. McCain is definitely and independent thinker with considerable integrity and America deserves a President like him. But it will never happen as long as we have the two party system. The Dems and Republicans are too entrenched in a Michigan/Ohio football style rivalry for things to change any time soon.

-Robert

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
You guys are living in a fantasy world if you think McCain doesn't have him own best interests in mind just like every other politician.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Too late for the McCain lovefest . . . crackpots from the raving loon wing of the GOP denied America the opportunity to elect a good President.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Crimson
You guys are living in a fantasy world if you think McCain doesn't have him own best interests in mind just like every other politician.
Yeah but unlike Bush he wouldn't have loaded his cabinet up with nefarious individuals likes Rummy, Asscracki and Wolfowitz and Cheney definately wouldn't have been his VP. Too bad the Republican Party was too myopic to nominate him for their Candidate, they would of had themselves a President that they and all American could be proud off.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
I guess McCain would be president now if he never had that illigitimate Black child.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: smashp
I guess McCain would be president now if he never had that illigitimate Black child.
He might have got the nod if he didn't show the fortitude he had by thumbing his nose at the Ridiculo..err Religious Right.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Moonbeam:

He, he. You be bad, boy!

I will say that reasonable men could differ about what we do now that we are waist deep in the big muddy, but I see no room for reasonableness on the initial premise, i.e. entry into the war. Ergo, McCain is being unreasonable about this issue. Fraud is the wrong tone for McCain, IMHO. Bush is a FRAUD.

-Robert

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: chess9
Moonbeam:

He, he. You be bad, boy!

I will say that reasonable men could differ about what we do now that we are waist deep in the big muddy, but I see no room for reasonableness on the initial premise, i.e. entry into the war. Ergo, McCain is being unreasonable about this issue. Fraud is the wrong tone for McCain, IMHO. Bush is a FRAUD.

-Robert
Well maybe if McCain would if had the same info the the Dub had he would have seen that it was dodgy at best and would have took another course.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: JoeBaD
do you people know nothing about the Keating 5.

integrity, my arse.

wise up, please

OK I've read a few articles on the Keating 5. If being chummy with a big-wig donor is the worst thing McCain has ever done, then nobody would pass your measure of fraud.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
He supported the war. He too is a fraud.

A lot of people supported the war based on the Bush admins campaign to start it. I wonder if McCain would have gone to such extraordinary lengths to start it? McCain has always seemed to be very level headed, I feel that even if he did start the war, he would have come up with a more legitimate reason than what was offered.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
a lot of people suffer from the grass is greener syndrome. Come on. McCain is the only politican with integrity on the Hill? Give me a break.
Does anyone remember the Keating Five Scandal?
Everyone loves to slam other people's pork but when it comes to AZ military bases ...

Furthermore, we believe that preserving agricultural districts around Arizona's military bases is in the best interest of the state and will ensure that our bases can compete for new missions and funding, and are in the best position to survive a future base closure review.
MCCAIN, KYL URGE GOVERNOR HULL TO SUPPORT ARIZONA LAND PRESERVATION MEASURE TO PROTECT MILITARY BASES

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Does anyone remember the Keating Five Scandal?

I sure do and he was exonerated of all accusations have you forgotten that little piece of info? Do practice guilt by association? The party in power at the time was the Democrats and they found him NOT GUILTY in the Senate hearings.

Bleep

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Sorry but Sen McCain is just as guilty of giving "special" intrests money. He is liar if he says otherwise. Thats his farking job, to get federal money for his state. Every Senator/Congressmen adds riders to bills, for their states special intrests. Its how compromise happens. It how the farking big dig happened. McCain has done it before, and will do it again, its how our legislative branch works.

It has zero to do with integrity.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Arbusto
Spectrum
Arlington stadium
Harkken
Ken Lay
lil' brother Neil on a myriad of accounts

. . . yep nothing but the ultimate in high ethical standards in this administration.
rolleye.gif

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Digitalsm:

Well, McCain may have been a bit close to the flame-for a moth of his stripe-but he was never convicted and as I recall congress didn't censure him. EDIT: Wasn't Keating's conviction overturned on appeal eventually?

But, you are right about pork. Everyone does it, because they learned from Byrd, who learned from the likes of Boss Tweed, et al. But for our roaring economic engine America would be just like any poor African or S. American country with bribery etc. as the norm. We are only better by degree, and my moral compass can't resolve the difference. :)

People who think America is loaded with the most moral and ethical government and people in the world are simply deluded and should probably be on some anti-delusional drugs. :)
-Robert

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
Integrity? The guy was pushing for election financing reform, and he refused to live by his proposed rules in his last election.

Integrity?