Joe Biden is pissing me off thread

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Issues I have with new president Joe Biden.

He killed the pipeline. As a believer in the environment and protecting the environment, shutting down the pipeline was a bad idea. We have oil that must be delivered to the gulf, then shipped away. The pipeline would do that with minimal environmental impact. However now, that oil will still make way to the gulf but rather than thru a pipeline that same oil will rely on giant oil tankers traveling from north to south to deliver that messy oil. And the chances of leakage, sinking, and spilling oil into the ocean will greatly increase. Bad Joe... bad.

And then we have illegal immigration. Despite your political affiliations, Americans prefer that illegal immigration to be controlled to some point. Having immigrants wait in Mexico while applying for asylum was the correct thing to do. Allowing immigrants into America while applying for asylum and while waiting for an answer was the wrong thing to do. Come-on Joe, you should know better.

War..... One thing I did like about Donald Trump, about the only thing I liked, was that Donald Trump was not a Warhawk. Several times the military forces tried to drag Trump into military operations abroad and time after time Donald Trump resisted. But now??? Here we are barely weeks into a Biden administration and America is at it again, getting involved in the middle east with military operations. I don’t care if you liked Trump or hated Trump during the past four years, however one thing that I know for sure, Americans enjoyed NOT hearing about the Middle East or of military involvement and especially new military engagements. Seriously Joe, you want to go there AGAIN? To begin those years of troops and bombs and engagement all over again? WTF is wrong with you? Seriously. Americans learned their lesson the hard way, why haven’t you?

Don’t get me wrong, I am glad that Joe Biden was elected. I am rejoicing that Donald Trump is no longer president. But so far Joe Biden is doing exactly what I feared he might do. And I definitely believe Joe Biden is listening to the wrong people. War is never popular. America policing the world was never popular. When huge messy leaky oil tankers can be limited or reduced by one single pipeline, that is a good thing for the environment. It is easier to fix an oil leak on a pipe above ground than to stop tons of oil leaking out of some sunken tanker miles below the oceans surface. And it is desirable to have some immigrant wait outside of the border instead of inside the border when applying for asylum. When you let someone inside the border they do tend to disappear while waiting for that application answer. We all know what got Donald Trump elected in 2016, and why Democrats, good loyal Democrats, crossed over to vote for Trump. It could easily happen again.

Reactions: FelixDeCat

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Why will it 'make it's way to the gulf'? You speak as if it's going to move of its own free will. Surely, it will only move if humans choose to move it. And the pipeline or its absence will affect the economics of that choice.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Humans entering America illegally is like drugs entering America. Most of us dont like it but it happens anyway and we cant control it. Biden is just being realistic.
The war on drugs failed, by the way.

Reactions: mikeymikec

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Issues I have with new president Joe Biden.

He killed the pipeline. As a believer in the environment and protecting the environment, shutting down the pipeline was a bad idea. We have oil that must be delivered to the gulf, then shipped away. The pipeline would do that with minimal environmental impact. However now, that oil will still make way to the gulf but rather than thru a pipeline that same oil will rely on giant oil tankers traveling from north to south to deliver that messy oil. And the chances of leakage, sinking, and spilling oil into the ocean will greatly increase. Bad Joe... bad.

pipeline accidents don't cause "minimal environmental impact". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents

And then we have illegal immigration. Despite your political affiliations, Americans prefer that illegal immigration to be controlled to some point. Having immigrants wait in Mexico while applying for asylum was the correct thing to do. Allowing immigrants into America while applying for asylum and while waiting for an answer was the wrong thing to do. Come-on Joe, you should know better.

forcing refugees who are escaping life threatening situations to stay in Mexico, where they are being exploited and may still be in a life threatening situation, is not ethically or morally right.

War..... One thing I did like about Donald Trump, about the only thing I liked, was that Donald Trump was not a Warhawk. Several times the military forces tried to drag Trump into military operations abroad and time after time Donald Trump resisted. But now??? Here we are barely weeks into a Biden administration and America is at it again, getting involved in the middle east with military operations. I don’t care if you liked Trump or hated Trump during the past four years, however one thing that I know for sure, Americans enjoyed NOT hearing about the Middle East or of military involvement and especially new military engagements. Seriously Joe, you want to go there AGAIN? To begin those years of troops and bombs and engagement all over again? WTF is wrong with you? Seriously. Americans learned their lesson the hard way, why haven’t you?

the airstrike Biden ordered in direct response to Iranian backed militants in Syria isn't much different than the airstrike Trump ordered against a Syrian airbase in direct response to civilians being gassed.

Don’t get me wrong, I am glad that Joe Biden was elected. I am rejoicing that Donald Trump is no longer president. But so far Joe Biden is doing exactly what I feared he might do. And I definitely believe Joe Biden is listening to the wrong people. War is never popular. America policing the world was never popular. When huge messy leaky oil tankers can be limited or reduced by one single pipeline, that is a good thing for the environment. It is easier to fix an oil leak on a pipe above ground than to stop tons of oil leaking out of some sunken tanker miles below the oceans surface. And it is desirable to have some immigrant wait outside of the border instead of inside the border when applying for asylum. When you let someone inside the border they do tend to disappear while waiting for that application answer. We all know what got Donald Trump elected in 2016, and why Democrats, good loyal Democrats, crossed over to vote for Trump. It could easily happen again.

you are so dramatic and anxious, take some long deep breaths, they can be helpful.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
And he is just getting started....

:oops:

View attachment 40285

What is that even supposed to mean? That Biden is some sort of puppet of Obama and Harris? But those two are hardly of one mind anyway, they seem to be at least as different from each other as either is from Biden, politically. Really all three of them seem fairly moderate/centrist to me, though in different ways.

The only way I can make sense of that cartoon is if it's expressing some sort of mad race-based paranoia, because the only thing those two have in common (that they don't have with Biden) is not being white.

Also, it doesn't say much for the cartoonist's faith in their own skills that they have to give Harris a name badge.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
What is that even supposed to mean? That Biden is some sort of puppet of Obama and Harris? But those two are hardly of one mind anyway, they seem to be at least as different from each other as either is from Biden, politically. Really all three of them seem fairly moderate/centrist to me, though in different ways.

The only way I can make sense of that cartoon is if it's expressing some sort of mad race-based paranoia, because the only thing those two have in common (that they don't have with Biden) is not being white.

Also, it doesn't say much for the cartoonist's faith in their own skills that they have to give Harris a name badge.

It's a political CARTOON. I thought it was funny. As for the meaning, I guess it would be in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: ScreenSavers

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Pretty much all conservative political commentary is based on straight up lies, horrible truth bending, hellacious logic, or shit bat-shit insanity.
This included their cartoons. Dont take any of it seriously.

perfect example:

AOC_texas_winter.jpg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Just saying.... Don't want Joe to screw it up. The election of Trump proved one thing if it proved anything at all. That Americans want border control and Americans wanted that pipeline and Americans DO NOT want our military meddling around in the middle east. Americans have had enough of that crap. Those people over there have been at it for 1000 years and they will still be fighting one another 1000 years from now. And correct me, but I believed that pipeline was created to carry oil from Canada down to the Gulf, then away to other lands. If that oil does not travel thru pipelines it will definitely travel via oil tankers. Oil tankers sailing up and down the American coastlines. Personally, I would prefer the pipeline.

An election is coming up in two years believe it or not, and the above is what Donald Trump won on, and the above will be on the front burner once again come 2022. And republican could win back the house and senate come 2022. And if that happens, guess who will be running under their banner for president come 2024?

Biden should ignore the middle east other than asserting diplomacy and not dropping bombs or troops. And if that oil is going to flow, better thru a pipe than stacked on a barge. And seriously, there is a right way and a wrong way to do legal immigration. Most of what the voters believe about pipelines and employment and illegal immigration challenge the facts, but people will still believe what they want to believe or are convinced to believe. Pipelines will be an issue and immigration will be an issue come 2022. It would be wise for Joe to play it safe because hard as that might be, we have a lot more to risk other than pipes and illegals.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I would suck his dick if he could officially get us out of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Donald kinda sorta put in a half assed effort it never happened.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Heh.. Trump wouldn't wipe his ass without permission from his Daddy-Man Vlad Putin.

THAT more than anything else, explained why when he was informed that there were bounties on the heads of American troops, his answer was...

"And?"

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Where is the racist?

I don't know what else to make of it lumping the very different Obama and Harris together. Not sure what they are supposed to have in common that would imply they constitute some sort of Biden-manipulating team, apart from being Democrats and black (or "PoC"). Maybe it's not meaning to imply some sort of conspiracy of colour, but otherwise I don't get why the cartoonist picked those two, rather than any other senior Democrat. Why not Sanders, who is at least politically distinct from Biden? (so suggesting the former was controlling the latter would at least seem to have a point - suggesting a centrist is being manipulated by two other centrists only seems to merit a shrug).

Reactions: dank69
Nov 8, 2012
I don't know what else to make of it lumping the very different Obama and Harris together. Not sure what they are supposed to have in common that would imply they constitute some sort of Biden-manipulating team, apart from being Democrats and black (or "PoC"). Maybe it's not meaning to imply some sort of conspiracy of colour, but otherwise I don't get why the cartoonist picked those two, rather than any other senior Democrat. Why not Sanders, who is at least politically distinct from Biden? (so suggesting the former was controlling the latter would at least seem to have a point - suggesting a centrist is being manipulated by two other centrists only seems to merit a shrug).
Dude you have some victim culture mentality issues if you see anything racist in that cartoon. Seek some help man.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Racist overtones perhaps? /shrug

But honestly I just saw the cartoon to mean that A) he served as Obama's VP so ofc it's a conspiracy he's just an extension of Obama and what Obama wants, etc. etc. and B) the righty conspiracy that he's already senile and she (Harris) is somehow already the one in control.

It's laughable notions but so are all of the idiotic rethuglicon agitprop.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Pretty much all conservative political commentary is based on straight up lies, horrible truth bending, hellacious logic, or shit bat-shit insanity.
This included their cartoons. Dont take any of it seriously.

perfect example:

AOC_texas_winter.jpg

This is why I don't feel particularly motivated to send Federal help to Texas.

They voted for this. This was their design. About time they own it.

Once AGAIN, their lack of planning of govt competence turns a severe weather event into a multibillion dollar disaster that kills scores of people.
Then they go looking for a Federal bailout, sucking up all those blue state $$$$

...Then they lie about what happened...
...then they fail to fix it..
..then they brag about how much better their system is...
..then refuse to return the help when a natural disaster occurs elsewhere...

Not to mention then their senator tries to overturn the will of the voters and throw out blue states votes.