Jobless Claims Fall to Nearly 3-Year Low

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
New applications for state jobless benefits hit the lowest level in nearly three years last week, the government said on Wednesday, boosting hopes that employment is finally beginning to show sustained growth.

Nah - it came from the gov't. These numbers are BS.

rolleye.gif

Or maybe these are the same numbers we've used for years and they've always been somewhat general.;)

CkG

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Job creation numbers need to be high. Otherwise it could just mean more people are just running out of Unemployment benefits.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: sandorski
Job creation numbers need to be high. Otherwise it could just mean more people are just running out of Unemployment benefits.

Ya think? :confused:

"Or maybe these are the same numbers we've used for years and they've always been SOMEWHAT general, CKG"

Not according to Caddy, it's just "GENERALl" numbers, more people are "SOMEWHAT" working than ever before, more jobs are being created than lost.
rolleye.gif

Yeah right, how's that bridge you bought holding up? :confused:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

"Or maybe these are the same numbers we've used for years and they've always been SOMEWHAT general, CKG"

Not according to Caddy, it's just "GENERALl" numbers, more people are "SOMEWHAT" working than ever before, more jobs are being created than lost.
rolleye.gif

Look - I'm not going play your little games today. These numbers are the SAME as have been used for YEARS. All the bls stuff has BEEN USED FOR YEARS. If you want to whine and bitch about it being "gov't" numbers or "not real" - fine - but you have to realize that it didn't just suddenly become that way because Bush was elected. got it? Yes the numbers are "general" as in not HARD numbers which we discussed in a different thread. But these numbers can be tracked and can show trends - which is WHAT THIS IS SHOWING. Whatever though - stay in your little skyless world.:)

You can bleat all you want and say things aren't getting better and you can try to prove it with whatever you'd like but those of us who live here in reality know things are getting better.:)

Thanks - I'm done with you today already - it's a good thing I'll be gone until Saturday night. I'm not sure I could take much more of the nonsense you've spewed in the last 2 days.

Seriously consider that new years resolution I suggested for you. And please please get a job or atleast go look for one instead of sitting here bitching about things all day.:)

CkG

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000

Declining claims is still good news, but this is what we need to see - otherwise its still a jobless recovery for the last two years.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

rolleye.gif

Look - I'm not going play your little games today. These numbers are the SAME as have been used for YEARS. All the bls stuff has BEEN USED FOR YEARS. If you want to whine and bitch about it being "gov't" numbers or "not real" - fine - but you have to realize that it didn't just suddenly become that way because Bush was elected. got it? Yes the numbers are "general" as in not HARD numbers which we discussed in a different thread. But these numbers can be tracked and can show trends - which is WHAT THIS IS SHOWING. Whatever though - stay in your little skyless world.:)

You can bleat all you want and say things aren't getting better and you can try to prove it with whatever you'd like but those of us who live here in reality know things are getting better.:)

Thanks - I'm done with you today already - it's a good thing I'll be gone until Saturday night. I'm not sure I could take much more of the nonsense you've spewed in the last 2 days.

Seriously consider that new years resolution I suggested for you. And please please get a job or atleast go look for one instead of sitting here bitching about things all day.:)

CkG

Just "Prove" the Economy is great, not just to me but the millions out of work and we'll all have a nice day but you can't can you?

Have a nice vacation, Happy New Year and see you next year.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

These are new claims. People claiming benefits for the first time.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize

Oops, you are correct, my bad.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Thank you - Dave distracted me - I was going to say the same thing;)

CkG

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
of course this is good news....for everyone but a liberal...

Ya because we all know liberals hate for people to be gainfully employed. That's way they dispise unions, minimum wage, and building an economic enviroment which has given them unemployment numbers that put any republican administration to shame.

Do you even believe the sh1t you type? Or is this the ticker Rush is running at the bottom of his web page this moning?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Fewer people being fired/laid off/outsourced/payroll modification is definitely good news.

Several million amongst the long term unemployed is bad news . . .

Several million more amongst the long term underemployed is bad news . . .

I hear WMT (the one with meager wages and minimal health benefits) is hiring . . . while companies (grocers/retailers) that pay living wages and provide family health benefits are struggling to compete.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Fewer people being fired/laid off/outsourced/payroll modification is definitely good news.

Several million amongst the long term unemployed is bad news . . .

Several million more amongst the long term underemployed is bad news . . .

I hear WMT (the one with meager wages and minimal health benefits) is hiring . . . while companies (grocers/retailers) that pay living wages and provide family health benefits are struggling to compete.

I think the unemployed should all become heart surgeons and put heartsurgeon out of business. In addition to a decent wage, and full employment, the increased compitition would relegate his crass "bedside" manner to the unemployment line. That's one unemployment fiqure this liberal would be happy about.:pj/kHS

But there is something to being retained.

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
New applications for state jobless benefits hit the lowest level in nearly three years last week, the government said on Wednesday, boosting hopes that employment is finally beginning to show sustained growth.

Nah - it came from the gov't. These numbers are BS.

rolleye.gif

Or maybe these are the same numbers we've used for years and they've always been somewhat general.;)

CkG

Why it has to be pointed out to you everytime you post this GOP propaganda that these numbers mean little to the people who have fallen off unemployment is un CAD'y :)

Again and as always, it is not surprising to anyone with conceptual reality skills that when all the people who CAN be laid off, have ALREADY been laid off, and have fallen off unemployment whom are no longer even looking for work, that the first time umemployment claims will OBVIOUSLY be lower and lower until these people can get back to work, get laid off again and contribute to this MEANINGLESS first time job claim number.

But hey, spin away.

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003

<generalizedassumption>^^^^^^^ gee, a white male heart surgeon supports George Bush! Stop the presses and take your hoods off for the photo opp.
</generalizedassumption>

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: leeboy

^^^^^^^ gee, a white male heart surgeon supports George Bush! Stop the presses and take your hoods off for the photo opp.

Hoods? So heart surgeons are klan members?

Or is it because heart surgeons are so dang rich?

If you had much beyond a brain stem, you'd realize that heart surgeons (really, all surgeons) are worth every penny they make. They have a dedication to life and their profession that your feeble mind couldn't even dream of.

I say the same about most doctors, even BBD ;)

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: leeboy

^^^^^^^ gee, a white male heart surgeon supports George Bush! Stop the presses and take your hoods off for the photo opp.

Hoods? So heart surgeons are klan members?

Or is it because heart surgeons are so dang rich?

If you had much beyond a brain stem, you'd realize that heart surgeons (really, all surgeons) are worth every penny they make. They have a dedication to life and their profession that your feeble mind couldn't even dream of.

I say the same about most doctors, even BBD ;)

It was intended as a poke at someone who the clear cut obvious winner and receipient of every policy, tax cut, and law Bush has coerced and manipulated. Like myself. However, I have children who are not doctors and have a little something called EMPATHY, not something that most in my profession share (present company not excluded). I will continue to be rich whether George Bush stays in office or he goes. However, the VAST majority in the country can not say the same so I don't support him or his policies. The hood thing was a little over the top but I can assure you, the kkk does not discriminate against white heart surgeons. They are EOE. :)

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Zebo

Ya because we all know liberals hate for people to be gainfully employed. That's way they dispise unions, minimum wage, and building an economic enviroment which has given them unemployment numbers that put any republican administration to shame.

Do you even believe the sh1t you type? Or is this the ticker Rush is running at the bottom of his web page this moning?

Funny how when positive economic news comes out and other positive news is pressed, the liberals are the first to say it is meaningless and falcified information.

Of course we believe it, because people like you and your commander MCOWEN support it.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: dirtboy

Funny how when positive economic news comes out and other positive news is pressed, the liberals are the first to say it is meaningless and falcified information.

Of course we believe it, because people like you and your commander MCOWEN support it.

No one said any such thing you just don't like questions raised.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

No one has said it, but dave constantly only beleives the reports of bad. He overlooks every good report of good news. Dirtboy is not wrong on this one.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: charrison

No one has said it, but dave constantly only beleives the reports of bad. He overlooks every good report of good news. Dirtboy is not wrong on this one.

I know what daves like. Some I'm sure is a reflection of enviroment he lives, the enviroment in general, some is he has a inquisative mind and wants to get to the bottom of the bad news. He is a computer scientist after all.

Economics is'nt really a science though so it's an impossiblity, I'm afaid, to have certainty beyond the a mirco scale.

But I also know in general the right hates questions and inquistion which is why I've never meet a limbaugh scientist.:) And any questioning of thier leader policy is looked as ad hom.

Another thing is we need demand to boom. w/o lots of jobs and people working you can't have that demand. How you get there is?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: charrison

I know what daves like. Some I'm sure is a reflection of enviroment he lives, the enviroment in general, some is he has a inquisative mind and wants to get to the bottom of the bad news. He is a computer scientist after all.

Economics is'nt really a science though so it's an impossiblity, I'm afaid, to have certainty beyond the a mirco scale.

But I also know in general the right hates questions and inquistion which is why I've never meet a limbaugh scientist.:) And any questioning of thier leader policy is looked as ad hom.

All I know is we need demand to boom. w/o lots of jobs and people working you can't have that demand. How you get there is?

How will we know when we are there if all good news is out right rejected. The good news that dave is out right rejecting is coming from economist(including goverment sources). These same sources, dave takes for gospel when the news is bad.

This is not how the mind of a scientist works.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

You said such things; try reading your own posts for a change.