Job Prerequisites

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's a fucking minimum wage job. How much do you think that employee really cares if he gets your order right? (assuming he even understands what you told him)

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
do what i do - tell them what you want, don;t sit there like a fucking retard waiting for the to ask so you can go yes no yes yes no yes no no no yes.

This. Still amazes me that people have a hard time ordering at Subway ... the concept is not that difficult.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
do what i do - tell them what you want, don;t sit there like a fucking retard waiting for the to ask so you can go yes no yes yes no yes no no no yes.

That just means I have to repeat myself as they ask again because they forgot. Don't tell me a subway employee is going to remember chicken teriyaki footlong on italian bread with pepperjack cheese toasted with spinach lettuce peppercinis jalepenos mayo and sweet onion sauce

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Man, seeing some of the responses here it's no wonder fast food workers are some of the most miserable people on the planet. :D

KT

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
They don't do super size anymore, so your story is full of bullshit shenanigans

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
A hambuger is not a sandwich.

sand·wich
[sand-wich, san-]

noun
two or more slices of bread or the like with a layer of meat, fish, cheese, etc., between each pair.

open sandwich.

something resembling or suggesting a sandwich, as something in horizontal layers: a plywood sandwich.

Yes it is, so you're full of bullshit shenanigans too

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
1/2 of your rant is probably directed against the employee doing what he is specifically told to do by upper management. If getting minimum-wage employees fired for not following management's orders gives you the jollies, then I don't know what to say.

This.

I have never worked at a fast food place but know a few works as Asst. Mgt and GM. Employees are required to "upsell" you for larger drinks, fries, and extra goodies such as cheese or larger sandwich/burger.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
That just means I have to repeat myself as they ask again because they forgot. Don't tell me a subway employee is going to remember chicken teriyaki footlong on italian bread with pepperjack cheese toasted with spinach lettuce peppercinis jalepenos mayo and sweet onion sauce

are you really that stupid?

so do it when they get to each section?

What do you want?
toasted chicken teriyaki footlong on italian
*move to cheese section*
I want pepperjack
*move to veggie section*
spinach, lettuce, peppercinis, jalepenos
*move to sauce section*
mayo and sweet onion sauce

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
They don't do super size anymore, so your story is full of bullshit shenanigans
LOL
He actually asked if I wanted medium or large. For the sake of brevity (and JEDIYoda's low IQ) I wrote super size.

But, if I wanted medium, I would have asked for a medium #1 with a Dr Pepper.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000

What do you want?
*move to cheese section*
I want pepperjack
*move to veggie section*
*move to sauce section*
But, but, but, what if we don't want sweet onion sauce? :colbert:

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
LOL
He actually asked if I wanted medium or large. For the sake of brevity (and JEDIYoda's low IQ) I wrote super size.

But, if I wanted medium, I would have asked for a medium #1 with a Dr Pepper.
Actually they changed it, a #whatever is just the sandwich now. What you wanted is a #1 combo. This of course that creates a bunch of confusion, and another question to answer. :p

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
839249523_Te3zA_xlarge.jpeg

:awe:

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Actually they changed it, a #whatever is just the sandwich now. What you wanted is a #1 combo. This of course that creates a bunch of confusion, and another question to answer. :p
I was at Der Wienerschnitzel...

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I'm really, really sick of have-it-your-way places like Subway and Qdoba. It's a fucking interrogation where I say yes,no,yes,yes,this,that,this,that,yes just to get a sandwich. At the end of the day I don't care if it has lettuce or not, or whatever else, it's your job to be the sandwich expert. Give me a few options and let me order that and be done with it.

heh, this for me too. I just want to say nothing more then "number 1 with a coke please". but since everyone wants everything their own little perfect way, now I have to say "number 1 medium, with straight fries and coke to drink please". "no, medium". "yes, straight". "no I don't want a cookie".

it makes me wonder why the numbers are there anymore. even better when you say "number 1" and they don't even know what that is...

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Before I started school I did work at a subway. Man are some of the people ordering subs the pickiest mofos on the earth.

One lady asked for a meatball sub with provolone cheese and then proceeded to tell me the meatballs are on the wrong side of the sandwich. Bitch, they are round when I roll your sandwich up and after I close it they will be in there in the middle how are they on the wrong side ?

Then you had the people that would tell you put onions on it then um um um letuce and peppers oh did I say onions I don't think I want them.

Or those that say things like I think I would want this on there. You think or you just want me to put what I like on there ?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

What do you want?
*move to cheese section*
I want pepperjack
*move to veggie section*
*move to sauce section*

and how is this any different from the interrogation I mentioned? it isn't annoying because I'm getting a question asked, it's annoying because you just had to type a paragraph of text to order a sandwich

I must've touched a nerve.. your shift start soon?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Before I started school I did work at a subway. Man are some of the people ordering subs the pickiest mofos on the earth.

One lady asked for a meatball sub with provolone cheese and then proceeded to tell me the meatballs are on the wrong side of the sandwich. Bitch, they are round when I roll your sandwich up and after I close it they will be in there in the middle how are they on the wrong side ?

Then you had the people that would tell you put onions on it then um um um letuce and peppers oh did I say onions I don't think I want them.

Or those that say things like I think I would want this on there. You think or you just want me to put what I like on there ?

I can be picky. I ask for "one line of mayo" because you have no idea what you're going to get when you ask for mayo. I've seen sandwiches ruined. RUINED.