jim carrey vs. will ferrell

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SonicIce

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
the crowd has spoken
allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllrighty-then

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
I would like to know the reason behind people voting for will farrell. To me this is no contest, Carrey by a mile.

Robsasman

Dec 7, 2008
Originally posted by: dr150
Carrey is on a WHOLE other universe to Ferrell.

Carrey = Member God of Mt. Olympus

Ferrell = Barnacle on Ship Hull Struggling to Evolve

:laugh: yeah Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorites, don't really like any of Ferrells, well maybe Old School wasn't too bad.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Carrey in his early years was hilarious.

Fire Marshal Bill
Ace Ventura

Ferrel blows - just plain not funny!

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Jim Carrey is not just a comedian, he's an oscar worthy actor; one of the best in the biz. Some of his best movies are dramatic ones.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
I don't compare the two. They are both good at what they do, and depending on how high you are at the time either one wins.

Carrey playing Andy Kaufman (Man on the Moon) was phenomenal, Carrey in Yes Man sucked balls.

swbsam

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2007
Carey is an outstanding, oscar caliber, fearless actor. Ferrell has potential but he's chasing the paycheck and his schtick is getting old.or has been old for the past 5 years

Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: aircooled
I don't compare the two. They are both good at what they do, and depending on how high you are at the time either one wins.

Carrey playing Andy Kaufman (Man on the Moon) was phenomenal, Carrey in Yes Man sucked balls.

i rather liked yes man. nothing spectacular regarding his performance, but it was a good movie.

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
Carrey during his heyday was hilarious. I never did find Ferrell funny. AT ALL.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
It's not really a contest, I have to go with Jim Carrey because he has some films I really like including Dumb & Dumber, The Cable Guy, The Grinch, (I recall Liar, Liar being quite funny as well) and of course Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind which is an absolutely amazing film. I even liked Man on the Moon and Truman Show (very flawed, but fun movie).

Ferrell has Old School, Anchorman, and Stranger than Fiction, but most of his other stuff is crap.

Jim Carrey FTW.

KT

GiggleGirl

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
It's not really a contest, I have to go with Jim Carrey because he has some films I really like including Dumb & Dumber, The Cable Guy, The Grinch, (I recall Liar, Liar being quite funny as well) and of course Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind which is an absolutely amazing film. I even liked Man on the Moon and Truman Show (very flawed, but fun movie).

Ferrell has Old School, Anchorman, and Stranger than Fiction, but most of his other stuff is crap.

Jim Carrey FTW.

KT

lol dont forget Blades of Glory....... hahahaha

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
I find them both funny. I like Will for his comedy but Jim for his goofy routines.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Carrey, Ferrell is ok but his comedy is all the same these days. He was much funnier when he at least TRIED to be original in the SNL days

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just can't seem to like Ferrell. He just has that face...the kind I want to punch when I see it.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I can't stand either one, and IMO, neither is very funny...but Jim Carey is a better actor than Will Farrell. Carey's movie "23' is the first one of his movies I've actually watched from start to finish. He plays a pretty good "dark" character. As wierd as that movie was, I actually enjoyed it.