jim carrey vs. will ferrell

Oct 27, 2007
Neither are particularly funny, but Ferrell's movies are better. Carey's films were great for their time but the humour is dated now.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: SunSamurai
Its like asking a 5 year old what parent they want to see killed.

:(

but in this case the father (Will Ferrell) beats the living shit out of the kid while the mother (Jim Carey) is loving and kind, so it's not a very difficult choice.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Nik
Jim Carey, hands down.

this

Bruce Almighty is one of my fav movies of his. Dumb and Dumber is also a good one, a classic.

Dumb and Dumber is one of my top comedies of all time. Carey and Daniels were flawless in this one. Liar Liar was also a top notch Carey movie IMO.

The only one of Ferrel's I've consistently liked was Anchorman. Oh, and that episode of Man vs Wild.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Jim Carey, hands down.

this

Bruce Almighty is one of my fav movies of his. Dumb and Dumber is also a good one, a classic.

Dumb and Dumber is one of my top comedies of all time. Carey and Daniels were flawless in this one. Liar Liar was also a top notch Carey movie IMO.

The only one of Ferrel's I've consistently liked was Anchorman. Oh, and that episode of Man vs Wild.

Ferrell was pretty good as Frank the Tank in Old School, but I find all of his roles to be the same ole same ole. Carrey has done the serious parts along with his goofy parts.

Sep 29, 2004
Jim Carrey was awesome back in the day. Today though, Farrel is better.

This is just a stupid question. It might as well be, who did you grow up watching.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Jim Carey, hands down.

this

Ferrell was pretty good as Frank the Tank in Old School, but I find all of his roles to be the same ole same ole. Carrey has done the serious parts along with his goofy parts.

I think eternal sunshine is my favorite. I also really enjoyed the recent Yes Man. Then again, I'm also a sucker for Zooey Deschanel, too. Mask and Ace Ventura are up there mainly for my introduction to him.

I can only take Ferrell as his go to character in bits and pieces, like in Old School. Though, Elf wasn't too bad (I said I was a sucker for Zooey). But I really liked Stranger Than Fiction

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Neither are particularly funny, but Ferrell's movies are better. Carey's films were great for their time but the humour is dated now.

you're an idiot.

carrey's movies are clearly better...

eternal sunshine, truman show, bruce almighty, liar liar, horton hears a who, the majestic, the grinch, yes man...

what did farrel do that was any good? tired-ass humor like anchor man, talladega nights, and old school? the only good movies he was in were elf and wedding crashers... and he only had a cameo in wedding crashers.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
There's only about one or two of ferrell's movies that doesn't come off as being ridiculously lowbrow.
Carey, OTOH, has a repitoire of great works.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Edit: Shoot, someone said the same thing.

Jim Carey is better.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Carrey is on a WHOLE other universe to Ferrell.

Carrey = Member God of Mt. Olympus

Ferrell = Barnacle on Ship Hull Struggling to Evolve