Jet's 'illegally' simulated snap count on Sunday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Me thinks he probably shouted more than loud enough for the refs at the game to hear him; if they didn't think what was occuring was worthy of a flag...(tissue)

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Originally posted by: theknight571
Ya know.... I don't see where the issue is, either with stealing signs, or simulated snap counts.... other than the fact there's some rule that says you're not supposed to.

When I played baseball in high school, we changed our signs almost every game... different indicator, different set of touches/taps, etc.

Team A figures out all of Team B's signs... whose fault is that... Team A's... how? Team B is not being careful enough.

This is their job... not something they do on weekends for fun... make new signals, change 'em up.

I understand that there are rules and they were broken... but why are the rules there in the first place?

If the Defence can't simulate the snap count, why can they dance around the line and try to draw the offence offsides that way... to me it's the same thing... intentionally simulateing the start of the play.

I don't know.... I just can't stand to see millionaires whine about stupid sh!t.

Exactly. I have no clue why a fake snap count is against the rules.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
LOL

The reason Billick brought this up is to take it to Mangini for being a snitch. Expect more of the same from other Veteran coaches.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: shocksyde
I hate the "Everyone does it! Who cares?!" argument.

It's against the rules. It needs to stop. End of story.

No, it doesn't need to stop. Just like holding wont ever stop. Some penalties are worth it.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Remember the old days when defense just waited for the snap and used better athletes and skills to stop the offensive plays? Crazy, I know!!!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to this year's NFL draft. In just a moment, we will begin the draft in the middle of round two as every NFL team has been penalized at least once for cheating during the past year."

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I hope we don't hear this kind of whining every week for the entire season... there's always something to complain about, even if you win the game...