Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3818 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

"Superdaddied my pants" = when you shit yourself after recovering from a procedure, and the anesthetic gives you the courage to make a joke about it.
MNeE7.jpg

Reactions: stargazr and dank69

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I want to believe that's a true story (I mean, it's a clergyman, he's not going to make things up!), but I have to say I remember hearing the "if English was good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me" line reported in a printed anecdote decades ago, and even then wondering if it was apocryphal.

Sadly many Americans believe Jesus to be caucasian, and he of course spoke English! The honest truth is Jesus probably looked like a Muslim, was very short in stature, and spoke Arameric. The hippy looking Jesus who hangs in the home of every grandmother is not the real Jesus. Most people have never read about the beginnings of Christanity. Most (non-Christian) historians who study the new testament believe that Jesus was an apocalyptic preacher as well. Most Christians are unaware of this.

Reactions: Captante

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Sadly many Americans believe Jesus to be caucasian, and he of course spoke English! The honest truth is Jesus probably looked like a Muslim, was very short in stature, and spoke Arameric. The hippy looking Jesus who hangs in the home of every grandmother is not the real Jesus. Most people have never read about the beginnings of Christanity. Most (non-Christian) historians who study the new testament believe that Jesus was an apocalyptic preacher as well. Most Christians are unaware of this.

While the story might express an underlying truth about the attitudes of American Christians, it's also an oft-heard anecdote.

e.g.

She is often credited with a quote allegedly referring to bilingualism in Texas schools: "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it ought to be good enough for the children of Texas."[13] Variations of this statement have been dated to 1881, and were often used to ridicule the claimed backwardness of various unnamed Christians. Ferguson did not originate the quote

Or for that matter, seems it's one of the few stupid things MTG hasn't yet said (to be fair, she's working through a very long list, so will take time to get to it)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: stargazr

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
While the story might express an underlying truth about the attitudes of American Christians, it's also an oft-heard anecdote.

e.g.

Or for that matter, seems it's one of the few stupid things MTG hasn't yet said (to be fair, she's working through a very long list, so will take time to get to it)

Ahem, note the section on "Inspired KJV".