Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3783 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
MRINPNo.png

Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I'm within 2mi of homedepot, and I avoid them as much as possible. Every time I have to go, it feels like a minor failure.
Well, you're a pro - I'm just a weekend warrior. I actually like my local Ace's hardware better - they actually have knowledgeable staff that have worked their for many years.

Reactions: MtnMan and lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Well, you're a pro - I'm just a weekend warrior. I actually like my local Ace's hardware better - they actually have knowledgeable staff that have worked their for many years.
I'm not really a pro with regards to tools/hardware/contractor stuff. My pro needs are more particular and specialized. That's one of my problems with homedepot. The store's huge, but I somehow still can't find what I need, but an indie hardware store will carry it. I don't need a pallet of plywood or a truckload of 2x4s. I want a good axe handle, and a tape that measures decimal feet. One of the reasons I do occasionally go is to get full boxes of 60d nails. That's the only place I know that has them, but I guess I should look around more.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
When the window breaks, the door handle opens. I got a try this.
Good catch! I thought some glass hit it.

Edit: it was stupid of me to think that - I should try pouring some hot water on my brain :rolleyes:

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Good catch! I thought some glass hit it.

Edit: it was stupid of me to think that - I should try pouring some hot water on my brain :rolleyes:
guess again. The thermal shock also snapped off the plastic hinge. That WAS the fixed end of the door handle. :D

In all seriousness, you can easily thaw out cars using a propane weed burner.
Try it sometime. you can sit back about 10' and crank it up, and the air is just warm. It is nice and gentle.