Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2760 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
for the first time in a long time, I actually laughed out loud.

0XXRlVg.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: kage69

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
@lxskllr
Looks like the tree was rotten and pulled a jenga or whatever that game is.
I guess you'd still call it a *barberchair, but the whole thing just fell apart. That tree would have been better pulled over, or blown up. I'm sure that guy's way better/more experienced than me at felling trees, but seems like he should have had an idea of what was going on by the sawdust coming out of his face cut, and reassessed his plan. It didn't look like it had any good wood left in it to guide it's fall.

*A barberchair is a very dangerous situation where the back of the tree splits off, usually while making the back cut. Aside from the possibility of getting hit by the back coming up, you lose all directional control, and the tree could land anywhere. Heavy leaning trees are particularly susceptible. It's called a barberchair cause the stump that's left has a high back from the piece that left, and resembles a barberchair.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I guess you'd still call it a *barberchair, but the whole thing just fell apart. That tree would have been better pulled over, or blown up. I'm sure that guy's way better/more experienced than me at felling trees, but seems like he should have had an idea of what was going on by the sawdust coming out of his face cut, and reassessed his plan. It didn't look like it had any good wood left in it to guide it's fall.

*A barberchair is a very dangerous situation where the back of the tree splits off, usually while making the back cut. Aside from the possibility of getting hit by the back coming up, you lose all directional control, and the tree could land anywhere. Heavy leaning trees are particularly susceptible. It's called a barberchair cause the stump that's left has a high back from the piece that left, and resembles a barberchair.
See. Just have to know people that know their shit.