Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2621 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
I rented a Lamborghini Huracan in Las Vegas for 4 hours...those cars are so low to the ground it's disturbing. You can literally feel the imperfections in the street 6" below the seat. Crazy experience. Also, the car was cramped, you couldn't see anything despite the gigantic windshield, and it SUCKED to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Going through Death Valley though----WOW!!!! :D It would knock the breath out of you if you floored it from 40-80 mph.

• Time
    Cost
    Mileage
  • 4 Hrs
    Unlimited!
was 700 bucks worth it?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
  • Time
    Cost
    Mileage
  • 4 Hrs
    Unlimited!
was 700 bucks worth it?
Might be. :p

Who's in for a ATOT Huracan meetup in Death Valley? We rent the car for four hours and each drive it for ten minutes at $40/person. That's only $0.02 per mph per minute.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
  • Time
    Cost
    Mileage
  • 4 Hrs
    Unlimited!
was 700 bucks worth it?

We had a coupon for $499 for 8 hours. We budgeted $3000 for Vegas so we could do some crazy stuff, and yes, it was worth it.

If you're single, it's DEFINITELY a way to get laid :D Getting out of the car would attract slutty looking gold-diggers every place I stopped. Wife was somewhere between annoyed/thinking it was hilarious because I'm very shy and low key. I'm a car enthusiast so I was more interested in the driving than the image.

On a side note, these rental cars are beat to hell: leather is ripped, they have like 70K miles on them, exhaust leaks, coolant leaks...they're very well used. Also, these cars aren't something you can just hop in and drive- they have a parking lot that they take you around and train you a bit. You can't see anything behind you, so you rely on mirrors a LOT. The engine has a startup sequence you go through when it's starting cold, the brakes make crazy sounds (normal), and you have to be fairly trim and flexible to get in and out of them. I'm 6'4" and that is about the limit of what will fit in a Huracan. You don't want to be like this guy:

ExcitableImpoliteClumber-size_restricted[1].gif

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Coolant and exhaust leaks from a $250K car at 70k miles? Screw that. Get the Bugatti next time. :p

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I remember playing Unreal in a 300x200 window because my PC wasn't powerful enough to run it full screen :D Had a 17" CTX monitor at 800x600 though, so it was big enough to see!
I think I played every game in that image. The only the really got me nostalgic was Monkey Island. I forgot it existed until I saw the box.

That whole genre has so many great memories. The Sierra adventure games? Man. What a great time to be a kid with no responsibility.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Coolant and exhaust leaks from a $250K car at 70k miles? Screw that. Get the Bugatti next time. :p

All of the cars are well used. They rent these things 24/7 365 a year. Can imagine the amount of bodily fluids soaked into that leather :p

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
We had a coupon for $499 for 8 hours. We budgeted $3000 for Vegas so we could do some crazy stuff, and yes, it was worth it.

If you're single, it's DEFINITELY a way to get laid :D Getting out of the car would attract slutty looking gold-diggers every place I stopped. Wife was somewhere between annoyed/thinking it was hilarious because I'm very shy and low key. I'm a car enthusiast so I was more interested in the driving than the image.

On a side note, these rental cars are beat to hell: leather is ripped, they have like 70K miles on them, exhaust leaks, coolant leaks...they're very well used. Also, these cars aren't something you can just hop in and drive- they have a parking lot that they take you around and train you a bit. You can't see anything behind you, so you rely on mirrors a LOT. The engine has a startup sequence you go through when it's starting cold, the brakes make crazy sounds (normal), and you have to be fairly trim and flexible to get in and out of them. I'm 6'4" and that is about the limit of what will fit in a Huracan. You don't want to be like this guy:

View attachment 4584

And yet he probably still has the honeys lining up after he rolls out of that thing.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I imagine that every single person that rents one of those things drives them to absolute hell. You can put a lot of damage on any car in 4 hours time.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I imagine that every single person that rents one of those things drives them to absolute hell. You can put a lot of damage on any car in 4 hours time.

Also consider it's a hand-built Italian supercar driving all day in 105F degree heat...

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Also consider it's a hand-built Italian supercar driving all day in 105F degree heat...

Yup, all kinds of terrible driving, poor shifts and rev use, lots of stop starts and intense use all around... no car survives that well. That's worse than straight up racing the thing around a closed track for a day. And really, that kind of maintenance is exactly what you'd expect out of track cars, when you use everything the car has you go through the consumable/disposable parts faster than spec'd.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
ducks.jpg.990x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg
When Cizek first photographed this family, there were around 56 babies. He came back later and counted 76 of them. (Photo: Brent Cizek)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
ducks.jpg.990x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg
When Cizek first photographed this family, there were around 56 babies. He came back later and counted 76 of them. (Photo: Brent Cizek)

Do you have a link to this? no way those are all the same family, so it's some sort of bizarre altruism...at least, I didn't realize that any kind of waterfowl did this. ...or maybe that one killed all the other parents and all the chicks imprinted on it? :D