Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2320 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
i don't want to be on the same planet as that thing...

If it makes anyone feel better, that is actually a ball of individual worms. I first saw it as a singular nightmarish creature, and my first thought was: "Life doesn't deserve to exist if that thing exists"

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Crazy:

"Paragordius varius, also known as the nematomorphs or horsehair worm, are known to control their definitive host to jump into a pool of water, thus allowing the adult worm to escape and reproduce"

kinda like cordyceps fungus

Cordyceps-unilateralis.jpg

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
If it makes anyone feel better, that is actually a ball of individual worms. I first saw it as a singular nightmarish creature, and my first thought was: "Life doesn't deserve to exist if that thing exists"

Nope, not better. A ball of nightmarish creatures is not an improvement on a single nightmarish creature.

Reactions: Stopsignhank
Nov 8, 2012

I highly doubt this is accurate at all. I would figure something like Snickers, Twix, or M&Ms would make up 90% of the states.

Also, who in the FUCK likes Candy corn? The fuck is wrong you with? Everyone knows anyone that hands that shit out for halloween was just being a cheap ass

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I highly doubt this is accurate at all. I would figure something like Snickers, Twix, or M&Ms would make up 90% of the states.

Also, who in the FUCK likes Candy corn? The fuck is wrong you with? Everyone knows anyone that hands that shit out for halloween was just being a cheap ass

HAHA I can vouch for California. When I lived there every Christmas my cousin would give my brother, sister and I a box of life savers. Really weird considering she's quite posh. Although, her parents who were quite posh as well weren't so cheap and it was because of them I had damn near every Spy Tech toy including a Super Nintendo.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

They are still using the same candy corn from the 70's. After Halloween they gather it all up again to sell for next year.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
HAHA I can vouch for California. When I lived there every Christmas my cousin would give my brother, sister and I a box of life savers. Really weird considering she's quite posh. Although, her parents who were quite posh as well weren't so cheap and it was because of them I had damn near every Spy Tech toy including a Super Nintendo.
Life Savers books used to be the bees knees, the primo gift to get for gift exchanges.