Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2319 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
3 of the dumbest individuals i've seen in a while

PbnSryo.gif

Reactions: Ajay

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
3 of the dumbest individuals i've seen in a while

PbnSryo.gif

You need to scan Youtube a bit more. The fat guy that has subjected his nuts to more insane impacts, tasers, flames and who knows what else comes to mind. But yeah, definitely rankning a 9.5 on the dumbass scale.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Ahh I remember the beeps of the direct connect. It's now better done as texting.

I also have a few Nextel i355's that use the Direct Talk. This is using the cellphone as a two way radio. No cell tower required. There were two technologies: Direct Connect and Direct Talk. Direct Connect used the cell tower while Direct Talk used the cell phone. The frequency range is in the 900 MHz band using FHSS with a VSLEP vocoder.

All in all. Great way for private communications in a SHTF scenario.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
You need to scan Youtube a bit more. The fat guy that has subjected his nuts to more insane impacts, tasers, flames and who knows what else comes to mind. But yeah, definitely rankning a 9.5 on the dumbass scale.

Hicks do dumb shit because in hick country there's nothing to do but dumb shit.

Reactions: Thebobo

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The dude pedaled his ass off for that, so it looks like straight kinetic energy.
What I mean is, I think it's a one-shot deal. By not having a return 'cycle' of that rope, you only have to exert enough energy to 'unwind' the rope from the propellers, not also send the rope back out/wind it back up, as one does with a bicycle chain for instance. Not 100% on that of course, but I can imagine there's enough efficiency losses from the return rope/friction to make it impractical in that configuration with a return cycle.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Aww shit there's that too.

That Jesus guy is pretty suspect, too.

Not more suspect than Mother Theresa, she should be captain of the villains team. They all belong over on the left more than Andre the Giant.

And why isn't there a Ghostbuster on the right to balance Mr Stay-Puft?

Reactions: destrekor