Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2300 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Just to spite Paratus:

I so badly want a smart lock, I'd be able to tie it into a lot of home automation routines. But one drawback of my condo association is that the townhouses are in matching units, and any modifications need to be duplicated. So, basically, you have to get with your neighbor and determine when you will both upgrade window styles or door styles.

I could do something like the August lock though, just not sure if I want to yet. I partly need to rework the door jamb or something, the deadbolt isn't always aligned and I have to push/pull the door - I'd still have to do that when it is trying to lock and I could never trust it to truly be locked unless I did it manually. But it would be sweet to not have to fumble with keys when walking up with groceries.
images

But in the mean time have you considered a chain lock?

1fc5521ffc3b8739d4cfee4f13a8013e--maze-the-doors.jpg

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Whole lot of nope right there, I'd consider them a total write-off and would be calling a locksmith to make me new keys and remote.

welp-fck-27-photos-5.jpg
That's an attractive snake. Looks fuzzy in that pic, like it's covered in fine moth fuzz.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
7d6oPwY.jpg

East Rutherford, NJ (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a New Jersey courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

omg I read all that

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
yea haw winter is here Snowing on mt washington new hampshire this morning! I predict cold wet fall and spring and warm dry mid winter - mid atlantic area. Flowers will be blooming in february again.

22046462_10155150188144685_6220368515646027459_n.jpg

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
With opposing thumbs and the ability to use tools, a human really shouldn't give up that easily. Get a long stick and hook those keys!

Yeah, umm fuck that noise. About the only way I'd even remotely consider trying to retrieve those keys is if I had a 12 gauge shotgun and lots of ammo. Even then, given the amount of buckshot I'd saturate the area with I'd probably still have to replace the keys but it would definitely be more satisfying doing so.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
7d6oPwY.jpg

East Rutherford, NJ (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a New Jersey courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the New York Giants, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
Son of a bitch.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I can only guess this must be Australia. As they mention both CV and dollars.

Curriculum vitae isn't used just there, although I guess we use resume most of the time in the U.S.

EDIT: the $ after the digit is also not also the usual convention. Maybe it's because one of the C&H guys is Irish?

Last edited: