Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 674 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
53599_600.gif

That...is AWESOME

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
It seems so but I refuse to think I'm the only adult on the planet. At least it has a fair amount of dislikes.

I can't imagine why...

Just so I can properly pigeon-hole you, do you find the overt sexual nature of it morally repulsive, do you think the actors did a bad job, do you think someone in the production did a bad job, did you think the editing was off, maybe the lighting or costumes, or do you just not have a sense of humor?

Feel free to give me a write-in response if you feel like I left something out.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I can't imagine why...

Just so I can properly pigeon-hole you, do you find the overt sexual nature of it morally repulsive, do you think the actors did a bad job, do you think someone in the production did a bad job, did you think the editing was off, maybe the lighting or costumes, or do you just not have a sense of humor?

Feel free to give me a write-in response if you feel like I left something out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Frequent-Stops-Fender-Sticker-400ex-300ex-TRX-700-/250803083511

Ugh. Who thinks it's funny just because it references sex? I don't. Who thinks it's funny simply because it references sex in a way more explicit than you might be comfortable exposing a child to? I don't. Who thinks it's "mature" or "taboo" simply because it's inappropriate for a younger child? I don't.* Who thinks it has any other joke or gag that makes it funny? I don't. Who here thinks it was an original idea? I don't.

What's left to laugh about?
"Oh man! It looks like a warning label! That's sooo funny!"
"Oh man! It looks like a Skittles commercial! That's sooo funny!"
:rolleyes:

*on the contrary, I specifically think it's as immature as a stereotypical fart joke with a sexual slant and a prime example of immature humor. Maturing from amusing yourself with simple kiddie gross-out humor to tween-level sexual humor is still pretty low on the maturity scale. It like the PG-13 kiddies thinking that they are "mature" just because they aren't stuck making PG jokes and then maturing into adults and continuing to think PG-13 jokes are the pinnacle of maturity. I'm not saying adults should be at R, or XXX level "jokes." I'm saying that adults should no longer think it's funny for the "taboo" aspect and should have lost interest in such unsophisticated humor (truly matured). Note: I will laugh at a good LOLCAT or an amusing sexual reference/observation, so I'm not talking about that kind of sophistication. I'm talking about not being amused by a simple sexual reference for its crudeness alone with no other redeeming qualities.

Last edited:

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Frequent-Stops-Fender-Sticker-400ex-300ex-TRX-700-/250803083511

Ugh. Who thinks it's funny just because it references sex? I don't. Who thinks it's funny simply because it references sex in a way more explicit than you might be comfortable exposing a child to? I don't. Who thinks it's "mature" or "taboo" simply because it's inappropriate for a younger child? I don't.* Who thinks it has any other joke or gag that makes it funny? I don't. Who here thinks it was an original idea? I don't.

*on the contrary, I specifically think it's as immature as a stereotypical fart joke with a sexual slant and a prime example of immature humor. Maturing from amusing yourself with simple kiddie gross-out humor to tween-level sexual humor is still pretty low on the maturity scale. It like the PG-13 kiddies thinking that they are "mature" just because they aren't stuck making PG jokes and then maturing into adults and continuing to think PG-13 jokes are the pinnacle of maturity. I'm not saying adults should be at R, or XXX level "jokes." I'm saying that adults should no longer think it's funny for the "taboo" aspect and should have lost interest in such unsophisticated humor (truly matured). Note: I will laugh at a good LOLCAT or an amusing sexual reference/observation, so I'm not talking about that kind of sophistication. I'm talking about not being amused by a simple sexual reference for its crudeness alone with no other redeeming qualities.

OK you're not offended, it is just your poor sense of humor, I get it. Pigeon-holed.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Using notepad doesn't cause horrible fonts and color choices.

You don't say?! Well shit, my whole world view has been completely turned upside down. I must have been doing it wrong.

Who the hell cares if its mature or not?
A mature adult can still find immature humor to be just that, humorous. Just because one becomes more educated and mature doesn't mean you have to abandon all life and completely refrain from even producing a chuckle at something so pedestrian and immature and "low-class" as a crude sexual joke.

What, do you refuse to hang out with certain people simply because they laugh at such jokes? Is that your way about life?

Wait, don't answer, of course it is. Both of you two probably look down your noses at anyone who shows a hint of normalcy in any given social situation. Do you correct grammar goofs during actual conversations, by chance? I suspect so. Ridicule others when they slip up doing something so obviously mundane and simple that they must be an uneducated and ignorant moron, because of course even a child would understand so why can't they?

Oh, I get it! I finally get it! You two are providing your own brand of humor in this thread; instead of providing humor through jpegs, gifs, and video clips, you do it by producing a parody of the righteous and upper-class folks who are always disgusted by the unwashed masses!

:awe:

That's your gig, right? It's gotta be.