Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3713 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Be advised this show tells the stories of some seriously mentally ill people and it CAN be very upsetting! (next time you're feeling sorry for yourself remember it)

:confused:
Yeah I can't watch that show. My wife used to watch it all the time. Her father struggles with hoarding.

Reactions: Captante

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
SKDtVOl.jpeg

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
that's nifty. We've been doing that kind of job for a century plus with conventional cranes.
Dredging the Duwamish river, Boeing plant in the background at the end.

Reactions: kage69 and dank69

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
that's nifty. We've been doing that kind of job for a century plus with conventional cranes.

I thought so, probably just the thing you need for big jobs in packed cities. I've seen longer than normal cranes before, but this 4 blade orange peel bucket design? Very cool, oddly titillating.

We've got a couple tractors, a dozer and two excavators over in Maine. Really want to go play with dirt now. That place might get a new 3 berm shooting range my next visit hehehe.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I thought so, probably just the thing you need for big jobs in packed cities. I've seen longer than normal cranes before, but this 4 blade orange peel bucket design? Very cool, oddly titillating.

We've got a couple tractors, a dozer and two excavators over in Maine. Really want to go play with dirt now. That place might get a new 3 berm shooting range my next visit hehehe.
tight quarters but only loose materials. That arrangement won't do any hard digging. The bucket in my dredging video will do a bit more in terms of getting into hard ground, by sheer weight and design. The orange rehandling bucket at the end of my video is more like that excavator, it is only suitable for loose materials. We had it onboard but I never rigged that up. We just used the 6 yard Esco digging bucket.
It is very similar to this one for scale, and weighs ~20,000 pounds. It is wide open like that when it hits the bottom and will bite something in hard materials and a full scoop in anything soft.
clambuc538a.jpg

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
it's simple to me. Stepfather wants son to be responsible, to learn responsibility. Son has asset and wants to maximize the value and growth of the asset. Pay up or move out, dear stepdaddy.
It sounds like stepdaddy is a gold digger looking for a free ride to start with.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
it's simple to me. Stepfather wants son to be responsible, to learn responsibility. Son has asset and wants to maximize the value and growth of the asset. Pay up or move out, dear stepdaddy.
It sounds like stepdaddy is a gold digger looking for a free ride to start with.

Could be - as I say, would have to personally know the people involved to judge. Can entirely understand the son's reaction, but all depends on if what you suggest really is the nature of the step-dad, or if there might be a salvagable family relationship there that would be worth compromising to save (just possibly the step-dad was doing what he thought, rightly-or-wrongly, was the responsible parent thing, encouraging the son to pay his way).

(Or the whole scenario could be fictional, of course!)

Reactions: zinfamous and KMFJD