Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3278 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
KXxjR7W.jpeg

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
some sort of "Caucasus area" military training camp exercise, of some sort?

otherwise, I got no clue how that makes sense.

It's a Slavic tradition from way back, line fighting. Before Russia had roads, frozen rivers were the lines of transit between communities. Lots of fighting on rivers back then. Be it friendly competition, way to blow off steam, or used to settle disagreements, guys will line up with their neighbors and face off against another row of outsiders. Doing it on the ice makes you focus on staying upright and using your hands only (good training), you're not allowed to go full on Brawl mode, idea is just to knock the guy down and move on.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
stoat.

they hypnotize their prey (well, kinda...but it's true).

this one hypnotized itself to a new permanent home.

Stoats are bigger, don't they have a bit of an arch too? The dance thing though, yeah. I just can't get over the sheer tenacity of the little bastards. My folks brought back some video from Scotland years ago of a chase they witnessed while visiting. Was a lot like this.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Stoats are bigger, don't they have a bit of an arch too? The dance thing though, yeah. I just can't get over the sheer tenacity of the little bastards. My folks brought back some video from Scotland years ago of a chase they witnessed while visiting. Was a lot like this.

What a savage, did not think they ate other animals.