Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3209 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Still cracks me up everytime.

DependablePossibleHarrier-size_restricted.gif

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Giant bluefin that big are super rare these days, so unfair. Probably an ~800lb fish, so that's a payday smile right there. $30-40/lb easy.

new-zealand-woman-catches-a-909-pound-bluefin-tuna-which-16809637.png

I hope someone told her you can just measure the fish and take a pic, the taxidermist will do the rest.
You clearly don't watch Wicked Tuna if you think $30-$40 a pound are the prices.

And that girl thinking she is going to get $2 million for a fish doesn't mean she would get anywhere near that.

She wouldn't.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Is this true? I had no idea, have to investigate!

oh yeah, that was a big deal a few years ago. This also wasn't that long after they dipped their toes into influencing SCOTUS to make special, unconstitutional, religious provisions that employers could shackle over their employees in depriving them of healthcare.

bunch of shitholes, that Hobby Lobby.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You clearly don't watch Wicked Tuna if you think $30-$40 a pound are the prices.

And that girl thinking she is going to get $2 million for a fish doesn't mean she would get anywhere near that.

She wouldn't.

If you think price per pound is static globally you are woefully uninformed. The Japanese will pay $100-200/lb if it's caught in the right place, right time of year. Remote waters = better quality meat = more money

A 600lb bluefin sold for $3 million a couple years ago IIRC. Your market sense needs work.

You are right about one thing though, I don't watch reality TV shows. My knowledge of tuna comes from research and actually catching them. My dad was landing fish that size off Montauk for a living when your reality cast was probably in grade school. They say tuna stocks have been depleted 96% since 1950, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Even those small East Coast tuna will be rarity at some point, so those prices will only be going up too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante