Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2642 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
st07ek2g44231.png

I feel it necessary to correct the record here as I actually met Ted Pekley. He does not hate the town he lives in. He does hate certain people at the town office over bureaucracy and regulations that pertain to his recycling business.

Reactions: KMFJD

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Why do so many clips of people doing something stupid always take place out in the boonies? They ain't got anything else to do...

Save your kid's life. Don't live in the boonies.
Duh, if you tried that in the big city, the needles would pop the inner tube.

Reactions: ctbaars

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Please tell me that's an Apple product for real so we have more reasons to make fun of them.

Edit: wow Apple. Just wow. I don't know how anyone can back this company...

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Why do so many clips of people doing something stupid always take place out in the boonies? They ain't got anything else to do...

Save your kid's life. Don't live in the boonies.

Someone is jealous they don't have a 'yard'. :D

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It would be nice if there was a companion map depicting the relative economic value of those activities.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
"Already seen this before" applies to the people who post these too.

iOS has allowed custom keyboards for many years now, including SwiftKey with swipe functionality. Yeah, iOS hasn't allowed custom keyboards for nearly as long as Android but custom keyboards were also one of the biggest vulnerabilities with Android. I really have no interest in messing with third party keyboards anyway because most of them aren't as serious about security / privacy as Apple.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It would be nice if there was a companion map depicting the relative economic value of those activities.

would be useful to overturn all of the wealthy-family land + Golf land over to wetland conversion. The amount of wetland that remains in that chart, if accurate, is apocalypticaly small....especially considering that the space is combined with "desert," which is weird. I mean, you can't really compare the function and dependence of the two ecosystems. It's like this chart was meant for the use of developers who brainlessly think that unexploitable human land is trash land.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
wait, did I just read that correctly? lol
Absolutely. Third party on-screen keyboards and even the standard Android/Google keyboards have been the source of multiple vulnerabilities.

My brother helped a guy reset his Android tablet that he was completely locked-out from. The vulnerability that allowed it was in the default on-screen keyboard.

As for privacy, it's very clear. Apple has demonstrated extreme reluctance or refusal to concede to NSA / CIA backside access demands. The "Secure Enclave" is one of the more effective personal privacy mechanisms developed by a consumer electronics company.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
As for privacy, it's very clear. Apple has demonstrated extreme reluctance or refusal to concede to NSA / CIA backside access demands. The "Secure Enclave" is one of the more effective personal privacy mechanisms developed by a consumer electronics company.

Right. So I'm laughing again. Thanks for that. :beer:

Reactions: ImpulsE69