Jen Psaki is the worst press secretary in the last 20+ years

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
-I recall there being some hooplah in conservative circles a year or so ago about "Psaki leaving because she can't handle spinning all of Brandon's lies" or something, which is obviously bullshit.

I think she had announced that she only planned to stay in the position for 1-2 years because, frankly, it's a brutal position when you actually do your job.

Stay on top on the pulse of public opinion, make sure you understand the President/admin's stances well enough to properly represent them, then go out every single day and do the crossfire thing with the press (well in Psaki's case) then watch your hones responses get picked apart and misrepresented on news channel x/y/z, then have to deal with the public's perception of the entire admin on a daily basis in your private life.

I wouldn't want to do it, most of the prior admin's press secretaries didn't want to do it, and after a while Psaki doesn't want to do it either.

Her run has been impressive to say the least.

yeah I kind of remember somewhere around the beginning she said she won’t do it the full term.
Seems pretty normal for these folks to work for a year or two then do something else.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Donny wants a hair job ....

Trump says Jen Psaki has 'really beautiful red hair' and MSNBC want to hire her because they need a redhead

www.businessinsider.com.ico
Business Insider|4 hours ago
Donald Trump addressed reports that Jen Psaki, Joe Biden's press secretary, was due to leave the White House and join MSNBC at his Michigan rally.

It sounds like he's flirting with her.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
To somebody my age of 74, the last twenty years seems a short span of time. Now I look as old as I did twenty years ago.

With Bush, there was Scott McClellan, who seemed to do a presentable job, and any misgivings probably arising from the administration's choices and actions.

Then, with Obama, there was a series: Robert Gibbs, Jay Carney and Josh Earnest. They all made a professional mark for themselves. I was satisfied with their work.

After that, we had Trump's press secretaries. Sean Spicer had several embarrassing moments, some disagreements with Trump, and an appearance of being uncomfortable with the mendacity he was charged to pursue in his rocky relationship with the press. Sarah Huckabee Sanders was a disaster, promulgating all sorts of nonsense and lies, and her demeanor was terrible. She seemed to broadcast Trump's own disdain for the press, and even an attitude that weekly press briefings were unnecessary and just part of a White House tradition not worthy of future pursuit.

I do not even remember Stephanie Grisham, and now I understand why. She never conducted a single press briefing during her tenure as "press secretary".

Finally, there's the object of my perpetual desire to flog someone, going back to the time of the campaign in which she appeared as a press spokesperson -- Kayleigh McEnany, whom I like to call "Kayleigh Smack-a-Ninny." My disdain for McEnany derives from the fact that she is willing to say anything, to tell any lie, no matter how outrageous. Yet she was a graduate of Georgetown University and Harvard.

In my view, she is a blot on the reputations of those institutions. Universities were established as forums for scholars to seek the Truth, and people who are both educated and intelligent should have a principled regard for the Truth.

Smack-a-Ninny has neither a reputation for seeking the Truth, nor a principled regard for it. It just proves my theory about the random nature of career success. In an ideal world, Smack-a-Ninny would not be rewarded for her lies and dissembling, or her lack of professionalism. But this is not an ideal world, and there are thousands of people walking around who have much more on the ball than Smack-a-Ninny -- in the pursuit of just about any career I could imagine. Perhaps she should've been a criminal attorney, able to lie and distort in any way possible to achieve an acquittal for a criminal client.

The world would've been better served even for her success in that vocation. Or at least my television set would've been put at less risk, if I weren't so much tempted by Kayleigh to throw a beer bottle at it after listening to her drivel for five minutes.

Reactions: Meghan54

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
:(

Why is she leaving?

I'm guessing MSNBC made her a better offer than Biden. Plus, maybe she just got tired of the smell of Old Spice? Jen's coming onboard with MSNBC could be a hint that Rachael Maddow is not coming back, so MSNBC needed more options for hosts hoping not to lose too many viewers after viewers realize that Maddow is not coming back. Maybe, MSNBC is thinking, maybe someone like Jen Psaki can hold down the fort and viewers will be use to her face by the time Maddow is officially gone.

Oh sure, Maddow may pop in from time to time to give the illusion that she is still with MSNBC, but Rachael's appearances will peter out and one day viewers will ask, what ever happened to that Maddow gal? Maddow was great, but I really like this Jen Psaki, she's better than Maddow ever was.
Ratings.... Its all about the ratings.....

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
NBC News journalists vexed by MSNBC's move to hire White House press secretary Jen Psaki

...Psaki about the ethics related to her plans to host an MSNBC show while also continuing to serve as press secretary.

Wha?
this is the 1st i heard about Psaki working for MSNBC while still being press secretary??

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
NBC News journalists vexed by MSNBC's move to hire White House press secretary Jen Psaki

...Psaki about the ethics related to her plans to host an MSNBC show while also continuing to serve as press secretary.

Wha?
this is the 1st i heard about Psaki working for MSNBC while still being press secretary??
Where are you getting Psaki is going to work for both from? It's said multiple times "after she leaves be the WH". It doesn't say anywhere that she plans on doing both at the same time anywhere in that article, or any other's I have seen. Are you confusing Psaki with Jones who is doing something on weekends perhaps?

Edit: so I came across be a CNN article that talks about Psaki being pressed about plans to work for MSNBC while being Whitehouse press Secretary (maybe I missed it in the article you gave.. sorry if so) But there isn't any indication anywhere that is what's to take place. Again, all of this is when she exits the white house as Press Secretary.

Honestly, it all sounds like a bunch of whinny bitches with their panties in a twist that she has such a deal lined up after she's done being Biden's Press Secretary. Basically they are pissed she isn't being offered the normal corespondent offers, but rather much better offers because she is so damn good at her job. Again, a bunch of whinny bitches!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeea and Fenixgoon

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Honestly, it all sounds like a bunch of whinny bitches with their panties in a twist that she has such a deal lined up after she's done being Biden's Press Secretary. Basically they are pissed she isn't being offered the normal corespondent offers, but rather much better offers because she is so damn good at her job. Again, a bunch of whinny bitches!
100%

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Now it's official--Deputy White House Press Secretary and former Kamala Harris campaign Chief of Staff Karine Jean-Pierre will be taking over the reins as WHPS.

I will miss the Psaki Bombs and the firecracker redhead who put a slight tingle in the loins, but man oh man I can't wait to see Doocy go up against a black lesbian woman of Creole descent who ain't afraid to get physical.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Wha?
Ethics?? Compared to the last administration nothing done by the Biden administration would leave the category of saintly

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
what I find hilarious is the OP thought McEniny was a better Press sec when she barely held any pressers at all.

Reactions: dank69

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Half-expecting the OP to return just to declare Karine Jean-Pierre as the "worst press secretary in human history." He'd be consistently proven wrong like he was with Psaki, of course, but it'd be amusing to watch him contort himself into logical pretzels trying to attack Jean-Pierre while excusing... well, every press secretary Trump had.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
what I find hilarious is the OP thought McEniny was a better Press sec when she barely held any pressers at all.
And when she did have them she spent the entire time relentlessly lying. I know all press secretaries are expected to be at least somewhat dishonest but Trump's secretaries took it to a level of lying I don't think has been seen before or since.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
And when she did have them she spent the entire time relentlessly lying. I know all press secretaries are expected to be at least somewhat dishonest but Trump's secretaries took it to a level of lying I don't think has been seen before or since.

I wouldn't even say press secs are supposed to be dishonest, just classic PR with spins on stories and the occasional decline-to-comment response. Either way, it's safe to say Trump's team went beyond the pale and had secretaries who repeatedly told lies so obvious you could debunk them with a ten-second Google search.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Meanwhile I can't wait to read the commentary from conservatives about KJP because she's both black and a lesbian with a spouse who is also quite accomplished. It may drown out the discussion of the moistness of Ben Shapiro's wife's on social media.

Reactions: dank69

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Meanwhile I can't wait to read the commentary from conservatives about KJP because she's both black and a lesbian with a spouse who is also quite accomplished. It may drown out the discussion of the moistness of Ben Shapiro's wife's on social media.
Breitbart already put out a hit list, examples of her being "radical".

I find this one really funny

4. Jean-Pierre is married to CNN anchor and correspondent Suzanne Malveaux.

That's all you need to know about these hate mongering kooks.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I thought it was MSNBC. I thought Breitbart went away, first time hearing their brand in years.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I must salute the OP for one of our biggest thread backfires. Psaki leaves her post as one of our better press secretaries. Compared to the Trump administration that went over 300 days without a single press conference. I guess getting constant questions about that lying scumbag was too big a job for anyone. At least anyone with a soul.

Psaki heckled throughout tearful White House briefing room send-off (msn.com)

Trump White House goes 300+ days without a press briefing – why that's unprecedented (theconversation.com)