Jeffrey Epstein Commits Suicide at Manhattan Jail

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
So what's the explanation why he got such an astonishingly lenient treatment the first time round?

I have to admit, if there's anyone that people are going to construct conspiracy theories around it's this guy. So well-connected, and so mysteriously rich and privileged.

Note to self: never associate with rich dudes. Don't accept any rides on private planes or visit any private islands (hasn't come up so far, but I'm just waiting the opportunity to say 'thanks but no thanks')

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Does anyone know the warden's political affiliation?

Doubt it matters. Assuming the possibility that any conceivable Conspiracy is something that could be True, Loyalty is only one option in convincing a Warden to become a Co-Conspirator, if necessary.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Doubt it matters. Assuming the possibility that any conceivable Conspiracy is something that could be True, Loyalty is only one option in convincing a Warden to become a Co-Conspirator, if necessary.

Yes, I'm not suggesting it does. It's just something to bring up to the idiots gloating about the Clinton Body Count.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Karma, the all-time greatest judge, jury and executioner got the guy dead to rights.

Let the feasting on his remains begin.

Whomever benefited from his demise should be on the very long short list of suspects.

Methinks we will never ever know the true story behind his "apparent" suicide. You'd think he'd leave a farewell to thee letter of some sort.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Conspiracy theory is fun and all but really the actual explanation is that the US prison system is expensive, bad, inhumane, and costs a lot of people their lives.

Thirty-Two Short Stories About Death in Prison
These stories don’t mention Jeffrey Epstein, but they are about him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...-stories-jeffrey-epstein-prison-death/596029/

Jonathan Magbie, a paraplegic in a wheelchair who needed 24-hour care, was arrested for marijuana possession in Washington, D.C., in 2008. He required a ventilator to breathe when he slept. The jail didn’t have the facilities to care for him, and so he died in jail.

Michael Anthony Kerr died of dehydration, like Thomas, near Raleigh, North Carolina. Kerr—an Army veteran—was off his medications and lay in his own waste for five days before someone figured out he wasn’t eating or drinking. He was handcuffed the whole time; they had to cut off the handcuffs because the lock was encrusted with his feces.

Richard Tavera hanged himself with a bedsheet and a sprinkler in jail in South Georgia. A guard watched as he did it. Jail regulations prevented the guard from going into the cell on his own. He called for help, but it took 10 minutes for a supervisor to get there.

Nov 8, 2012
Conspiracy theory is fun and all but really the actual explanation is that the US prison system is expensive, bad, inhumane, and costs a lot of people their lives.

Thirty-Two Short Stories About Death in Prison
These stories don’t mention Jeffrey Epstein, but they are about him.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...-stories-jeffrey-epstein-prison-death/596029/

Incompotent humans working in government positions? BLASPHEMY GOOD SIR!

Yeah, sorry - as nice as conspiracy theories sound, I'm much more probable to believe government employee laziness.

I will say though, after his first suicide attempt I have to question why they didn't place him in the equivalent of a psych ward.... But maybe I'm being over-dramatic in what to expect after someone attempts suicide.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Yeah, sorry - as nice as conspiracy theories sound, I'm much more probable to believe government employee laziness.

I will say though, after his first suicide attempt I have to question why they didn't place him in the equivalent of a psych ward.... But maybe I'm being over-dramatic in what to expect after someone attempts suicide.

I'd submit that the US jails and imprisons way too many people so that if we did it to less people we could actually better manage the system for the people you'll really want to keep locked up. A lot of people who simply can't afford bail even for minor offenses get stuck in jail. Same with people who actually need medical care, mental health services, and rehab instead of sitting in an understaffed/underfunded negligent prison facility.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

As opposed to the private sector guards who are not lazy.

Nov 8, 2012
I'd submit that the US jails and imprisons way too many people so that if we did it to less people we could actually better manage the system for the people you'll really want to keep locked up. A lot of people who simply can't afford bail even for minor offenses get stuck in jail. Same with people who actually need medical care, mental health services, and rehab instead of sitting in an understaffed/underfunded negligent prison facility.

Absolutely agree.

I have to ask, is FEDERAL prison really that bad? I mean when they arrest and cite someone for a little bit of weed, crack, or whatever - I tend to think it would occur at the state/local level and not the federal level?

Reactions: esquared

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Absolutely agree.

I have to ask, is FEDERAL prison really that bad? I mean when they arrest and cite someone for a little bit of weed, crack, or whatever - I tend to think it would occur at the state/local level and not the federal level?

The vast majority of the prison/jail population is naturally on the local and state levels since that's where most law enforcement occurs. Similar problems appear to plague facilities on all levels of the system.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

If government workers are so lazy how did they manage to keep KSM and El Chapo alive?? Betcha $50 DOJ was notified JE was taken off suicide watch.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
yea, Epstein was a high high profile prisoner ..
- Barr refused to recuse himself from the Epstein case
- Barr visited the prison shortly before his death (needs sourcing).
- Barr surely knew of this prisons "procedures" when directing Epstein to be held there.
All this lands squarely at the feet of Barr. Barr failed to secure the highest(?) profile prisoner i decades. Question is if it is from incompetence or something else.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
QAnon crank and certifiable nutjob Liz Crokin:

“Jeffrey Epstein did not commit suicide,” Crokin said in video clip flagged by Right Wing Watch. “I can guarantee you that 100 percent.”

“If Jeffrey Epstein is dead, I believe that it possibly could have been an execution, and I believe he possibly could have already faced a military tribunal and been executed,” she said.

Crokin added that she also thinks the same thing happened to John McCain and George H.W. Bush.

“So, if he is dead, the good guys, the white hats, they already got all the evidence they needed, they already got all the testimony that they needed to prosecute others and if he is dead, I believe he did go through a military tribunal and was executed,” she continued.

According to Crokin, another possibility is that Epstein’s death was a set up.

“The theory is that the good guys knew that the Clinton mafia would try to take Jeffrey Epstein out. The theory is that the white hats allowed Jeffrey Epstein to be a sitting duck and allowed the Clinton mafia to knock him off in a sting operation so they could bust the Clintons in the act.”

https://deadstate.org/right-wing-jo...n-to-catch-clintons-in-the-act-of-killing-him

From the "You Can't Make This Shit Up" Department. Actually... Of course you can make it up - she did.

it's so implausible for 81-year-olds with brain cancer and 94-year-olds with other health problems to die without somebody assassinating or executing them...lol

Just a little example of the batshit that allows people like her to make money and gain followers. America is becoming a giant toilet just flushing and flushing.
she's a vampire

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
FBI is at his Island right now seizing computers, etc., someone (can't remember who) said Epstein taped everyone who visited the island.

A lot of awesome info regarding Epstein, his madam Watson or wahtever her name is, and the curiously long history of Dershowitz being a good pal and sharing all of the statutory rape and sex-trafficking exploits, in this article, which is supposed to be about Dershowitz. Discussion of video and audio recordings at all of Epstein's properties is included in the details....this was published 2 weeks ago, and rather illuminating to read it now, as Dershowitz probably has no ability to halt the evidence-gathering. That dude is seriously shitting his pants.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/08/05/alan-dershowitz-devils-advocate

Feb 4, 2009
A lot of awesome info regarding Epstein, his madam Watson or wahtever her name is, and the curiously long history of Dershowitz being a good pal and sharing all of the statutory rape and sex-trafficking exploits, in this article, which is supposed to be about Dershowitz. Discussion of video and audio recordings at all of Epstein's properties is included in the details....this was published 2 weeks ago, and rather illuminating to read it now, as Dershowitz probably has no ability to halt the evidence-gathering. That dude is seriously shitting his pants.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/08/05/alan-dershowitz-devils-advocate

Add this to the quote I had from Dershowitz when this began saying “He never removed his underwear” during a massage at Epstein’s place.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I honestly would not put it past Trump and Barr to have Epstein executed in order to attempt to frame one or more of their political enemies for it.

I also would not put it past them to take advantage of the Epstein suicide to frame their political enemies for it, or at least sow enough misinformation to convince the usual retards that their political enemies were involved. I mean, just look at how Barr is handling it already.

Epstein and Barr in the same sentence. Makes me think of herpes, which, when you consider this administration and all of the vile scum associated with them, is perfectly apt. The jokes will write themselves for the rest of the year!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Add this to the quote I had from Dershowitz when this began saying “He never removed his underwear” during a massage at Epstein’s place.

yeah, that supposed incident is expanded upon in this article, with particular attention to the actual claims that were made by the victims and Dershowtiz's rather long and unambiguously sordid lifestyle in connection to Epstein. I'm pretty sure that this particular swamp creature is in real trouble now.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

maybe look to the cockstains that put a paraplegic in jail for a pocketful of marijuana instead of casting your typical derp stones at the people charged with staffing those facilities.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Absolutely agree.

this is jail, not prison, though. It seems that jail has a much higher suicide rate and negligence-related deaths than do prisons, which house convicted felons. The type of people that find themselves in jail, for the type of reasons that put them there (quite often illegitimately) is a very different type of demographic on its own, compared to those that wind up in prison.