Jeff Gordon wins Talladega

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LS20
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
So what is it LS20, why do you have such a problem with others liking NASCAR, so much so that you feel the need to continously post in this thread how little you think of it?

Last I checked, it was okay to express opinions on a message board. After the initial post, all subsequent posts are elicited quoted responses. If you dont like to hear my answers, perhaps you should stop querying for them like above ^
You couldn't be more annoying if you tried:laugh::thumbsup:

You into F1 or are you just turned off by racing in general?

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: LS20
Originally posted by: Blackjack200
I agree, these guys make big bucks for a reason, if it was easy everyone would do it.

noone disputed the difficulty of the sport. difficulty, however, has nothing to do with excitement.

on a related note, everything is relative. not a single soul here can throw a football better than rex grossman, but does that mean he should be immune to criticism?
Yeah we get it already, you don't think much of NASCAR, not that you ever took the time to watch it and learn about it. I use to be like you, ignorantly spouting nonsense about NASCAR and then I got a Home Theater with an HD TV and it was the best thing on in HD and surround sound. After watching a couple of races I was hooked and amazed how exciting it was and how different it was from how I use to perceived it.

Yep; I used to think it was more exciting to watch the grass grow than NASCAR about 10 years ago. Then I sat down for a few sundays with a friend and he explained it all to me and I've been hooked ever since. And then when you go to a race, it will blow your mind. It's like having the super bowl every weekend with 180k plus fans at some of the big tracks and such. And one of the most fan accessible sports there ever is. I've been in and around all the cars, in the pits and garages and such; really is one of the cooolest things to do. One of the best times in my life was at the Daytona 500; Already got my tix for next years 50th :D.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I have NEVER been an Earnhardt fan and him going to Hendricks sucks. I always thought that pappa was not a clean racer, but he sure didnt deserve to go out the way he did. It is better for the whole team aspect so its a great move on their part.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Gordon > *

Hendrick is kicking ass just the way he should be.
Wait till next year when Junior joins the team

I just hope Mears doesn't get lost in the mix. He's a very good driver and a really nice guy. He's been running very well this year and I hope he doesn't take a hit in research and resources when it comes to his car next year. I know he's the low man now, but he's going to seem like an afterthought behind the big 3 at Hendrick next year.

edit: And neither jimmie or jeff could've made that run without him in the draft this weekend. He helped push them up before he backed out of the line.

Red: How do you feel about Kyle next year? I can't ever really see him as the dream teammate. Gonna be some competing personalities over at Gibbs next year. Not to mention Toyotas...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Gordon > *

Hendrick is kicking ass just the way he should be.
Wait till next year when Junior joins the team

I just hope Mears doesn't get lost in the mix. He's a very good driver and a really nice guy. He's been running very well this year and I hope he doesn't take a hit in research and resources when it comes to his car next year. I know he's the low man now, but he's going to seem like an afterthought behind the big 3 at Hendrick next year.

edit: And neither jimmie or jeff could've made that run without him in the draft this weekend. He helped push them up before he backed out of the line.
Jeff couldn't have won if he hadn't of got that push from Stewart;)

Red: How do you feel about Kyle next year? I can't ever really see him as the dream teammate. Gonna be some competing personalities over at Gibbs next year. Not to mention Toyotas...
I actually think Kyle is a better driver than Jr and when he matures like his brother did he's gonna win some Championships. I also think having Smoke on his side instead of an antagonist will help him greatly

Regarding Toyota, they've done well where ever they've participated, especially in the Craftsman series. I think with JGR garage and the resources from Toyota they'll be right in the mix next year.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I can't stand Kyle Busch, ugh. A little story about him. When we were living in California we had a guy that used to build our Penske shocks for us that was awesome. So awesome in fact that Penske shocks sent him back to NC to do shock work for Cup teams. For awhile he would bounce back and forth between NC and his shock business in California (he's now full time working on Cup shocks). Well for awhile he was doing shock work for Kyle Busch. He told us they were testing at some track and Kyle brought the car in after a few practice laps got out, and the guy we know asked him what the car was doing on the track, and how he felt in the car. Kyle turned to him and said, "I don't know, you're the fucking engineer, you figure it out." Apparently that wasn't the only time Kyle was a major prick to him either, it was quite the norm.

He is a good driver though.