Jeff Gordon wins Talladega

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Tony falls out of the draft and the Hendrick drivers pull through for another big win at Talladega. Big win for Jeff gordon and a strong 2nd place for Jimmie Johnson. Jeff reclaims lead in the Chase.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I hope hope that they they will be be able to to get over over it.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
I was cheering big time when he made that move, sitting back all day out of trouble almost had problems when he got the penalty and then getting that win, it was awesome.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
awesome race. i loved the part where he made that left turn, and then went fast in the following straight.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Gordon benefitted big time from having his teamates Johnson and Mears up front with him helping him draft and Stewart kept on being hung out to dry every time he tried to get a run going.

The most interesting part of the race was how RCR's engines were blowing up because they couldn't handle the elevated RPMs the COTs were pushing. Bowyer was shitting his pants the whole race worrying about his car.

Team Penske looked good and the Toyotas looked good too. The Toyotas doing good bodes well for GBR next season

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I was going to make a witty comment about how lame Nascar is, but everyone else already beat me to it :(

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Sraaz
I was going to make a witty comment about how lame Nascar is, but everyone else already beat me to it :(
I was going to make a comment about how lame your posts are but you already confirmed it by you last post.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Yeah I'm surprised the Toyota's actually had decent drafting cars. I'm upset about RCR's engines, I did terrible in my leagues this week.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I was going to make a comment about how lame your posts are but you already confirmed it by you last post.

How very original.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: LS20
awesome race. i loved the part where he made that left turn, and then went fast in the following straight.

Heh. NASCAR suuuuuhhhhhhkkkkksss (spoken with extreme redneck accent).

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Gordon benefitted big time from having his teamates Johnson and Mears up front with him helping him draft and Stewart kept on being hung out to dry every time he tried to get a run going.

The most interesting part of the race was how RCR's engines were blowing up because they couldn't handle the elevated RPMs the COTs were pushing. Bowyer was shitting his pants the whole race worrying about his car.

Team Penske looked good and the Toyotas looked good too. The Toyotas doing good bodes well for GBR next season

LOL; Toyotas.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
How very original.
It's more original than an ATOT'er taking shots at Nascar :)

I'm not a 4 hour race guy, but if it makes them happy (and I don't have to watch the whole thing!) then more power to them. My dad is big into Nascar, but I like Formula 1, and there are plenty of legitimate shots you can take at it too. I'm just glad there's enough demand for auto racing that there's a channel devoted to it, and they squeeze out a few hours for the handful of American F1 nerds, which is way better than what we had in the 90's with ESPN.

Confession: I regularly fall asleep in the middle of F1 races :laugh:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
And if that's all you think NASCAR is then you are definately an ignorant individual.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002

And if that's all you think NASCAR is then you are definately an ignorant individual.

watching him change all of 4 forward gears, and following someone else's wake, was also riveting. "shake n bake!"!!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

watching him change all of 4 forward gears, and following someone else's wake, was also riveting. "shake n bake!"!!

Obviously your POV is that of your lower intestinal tract.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Wow a NASCAR thread on ATOT that turned into a NASCAR bashing thread, didn't see that one coming. :roll:

Seriously, I really don't care if people comment on NASCAR being boring--I admit a lot of the races are too long, I haven't watched a full race in a long time--but anyone trying to insinuate that racing on an oval track is easy is an idiot. You chair jockeys would be rather surprised about the amount of skill it takes to compete at a high level on an oval track, especially a superspeedway.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by: trmiv
Wow a NASCAR thread on ATOT that turned into a NASCAR bashing thread, didn't see that one coming. :roll:

Seriously, I really don't care if people comment on NASCAR being boring--I admit a lot of the races are too long, I haven't watched a full race in a long time--but anyone trying to insinuate that racing on an oval track is easy is an idiot. You chair jockeys would be rather surprised about the amount of skill it takes to compete at a high level on an oval track, especially a superspeedway.

I agree, these guys make big bucks for a reason, if it was easy everyone would do it. I've tried watching it a few times and for me it's more boring than baseball. Too much is determined by things like pit stops.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: trmiv

Or the level of technology and teamwork (not to mention money).