JEB's embarrassing family oafs

Oct 30, 2004
If Jeb ends up as the Republican candidate (and I think he will), will it look strange if his brother is forbidden from attending his rallies and events, including the National Convention? In the 2012 election, W' wasn't invited. Will it look weird if he's not invited to the 2016 convention when his brother becomes the party's candidate?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
There is a reason why his campaign slogan is jeb! And why he doesn't mention his brother or father by name. The bush family doesn't have a very good history with regards to America.

Feb 4, 2009
I'm going to guess George is smart enough to lay low however his overall approval rating is getting better.
He will be similar to Carter people said he was the worst modern President but years later he was respected for doing diplomatic work and now people rate him decently. We all forgive and forget.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I'm going to guess George is smart enough to lay low however his overall approval rating is getting better.
He will be similar to Carter people said he was the worst modern President but years later he was respected for doing diplomatic work and now people rate him decently. We all forgive and forget.

In case you hadn't noticed, W has been laying low since he left office. He isn't an attention whore like some former presidents. He doesn't try to make millions of dollars a year making speeches. He's retired. He paints pictures and spends time with his family.

The answer to the OP's question is: Who knows? The question is the op is IF Jeb gets nominated what IF W isn't invited? I dunno. What IF Hillary Clinton is found out to be a pod person and what IF she is still nominate?

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
In case you hadn't noticed, W has been laying low since he left office. He isn't an attention whore like some former presidents. He doesn't try to make millions of dollars a year making speeches. He's retired. He paints pictures and spends time with his family.

The answer to the OP's question is: Who knows? The question is the op is IF Jeb gets nominated what IF W isn't invited? I dunno. What IF Hillary Clinton is found out to be a pod person and what IF she is still nominate?

What?

"George W. Bush Reaps $15 Million Post-Presidency. Former president George W. Bush is earning major money on the speaking circuit in his post-presidential life."

In 2012 W got more taxpayer money than any other former president at over 1.3million...
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...esident-s-expenses-in-2012-at-1.3-million.ece

So no, he is working it as hard or harder then even Clinton.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
What?

"George W. Bush Reaps $15 Million Post-Presidency. Former president George W. Bush is earning major money on the speaking circuit in his post-presidential life."

In 2012 W got more taxpayer money than any other former president at over 1.3million...
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...esident-s-expenses-in-2012-at-1.3-million.ece

So no, he is working it as hard or harder then even Clinton.

Not sure at all what your link has to do with anything I said....

But here is the link from your quote since you somehow forgot to post that:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/20/george-w-bush-income-15-million_n_864685.html

And here is a direct quote from your link:

Bush has largely shied away from the public spotlight since leaving office.

But good job trying to derail and deflect! Take one sentence out of a whole quote and try to derail a thread with it!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not sure at all what your link has to do with anything I said....

But here is the link from your quote since you somehow forgot to post that:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/20/george-w-bush-income-15-million_n_864685.html

And here is a direct quote from your link:

But good job trying to derail and deflect! Take one sentence out of a whole quote and try to derail a thread with it!

You claimed that Bush wasn't trying to make millions of dollars post-presidency, but was instead retired and painting. His post showed that Bush was indeed trying (and succeeding in!) making millions of dollars post-presidency.

It was literally the only fact based statement in your post, and it was wrong.

Feb 4, 2009
Would anyone on this forum turn down an opportunity to speak at an event for a couple hundred thousand?
Assuming you would then its irrelevant what Bush has earned speaking post Presidency.

and I'm not a Bush fan.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
You claimed that Bush wasn't trying to make millions of dollars post-presidency, but was instead retired and painting. His post showed that Bush was indeed trying (and succeeding in!) making millions of dollars post-presidency.

It was literally the only fact based statement in your post, and it was wrong.

Once again you lie about what I said.

You just can't help yourself.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Your exact words:
"He doesn't try to make millions of dollars a year making speeches. He's retired. He paints pictures and spends time with his family."
You were wrong, once again, yet are so loathe to admit error that make false attacks on others. It is YOU who cannot help yourself. YOU are the P&N problem you pretend you want to solve.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

This new self defense mechanism against being wrong is not working very well.

While I wouldn't call it a lie on your part as you probably genuinely didn't know, it is deeply ironic that you are trying to defend yourself against people pointing out your false statements by calling them liars instead of admitting you 'lied' yourself.

You said something false, own it and move on.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Your exact words:
"He doesn't try to make millions of dollars a year making speeches. He's retired. He paints pictures and spends time with his family."
You were wrong, once again, yet are so loathe to admit error that make false attacks on others. It is YOU who cannot help yourself. YOU are the P&N problem you pretend you want to solve.

Which is not what he said that I said.

I never personally attacked him. I pointed out that he lied again and that he can't help lying. Which if he can help lying makes him even worse of a person for doing it on purpose.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

I never personally attacked him. I pointed out that he lied again and that he can't help lying. Which if he can help lying makes him even worse of a person for doing it on purpose.

Drink some more coffee before posting. That is exactly what he said you said.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012

I highlighted what you said, I did not put those words in your mouth.

So you are wrong, grow up and get over it.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Drink some more coffee before posting. That is exactly what he said you said.

No it is not exactly what I said.

Gotta love the democrat playbook:

1) Imagine situation that could possibly happen in the future that would make Bush look bad

2) Get called out on it

3) Attack anyone who points out that you are debating a pretend situation

4) Ignore original post because it was bullshit. Continue attacking person who points out bullshit

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
No it is not exactly what I said.

Gotta love the democrat playbook:

1) Imagine situation that could possibly happen in the future that would make Bush look bad

2) Get called out on it

3) Attack anyone who points out that you are debating a pretend situation

4) Ignore original post because it was bullshit. Continue attacking person who points out bullshit

Oh really?

That is what you said, its BS.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You must have really sucked at those "spot the differences" games in Highlights Magazine.
Yes, I sucked at them, now go ahead and help me. You're my only hope.

In fact, let's trim them down to only the part that is being disputed:

... He doesn't try to make millions of dollars a year making speeches. ...

You claimed that Bush wasn't trying to make millions of dollars post-presidency ...

Go ahead, tell us how these are different.

Last edited: