Question JayzTwoCents - "Buy your NV 3000-series cards TODAYZ!!!!" video of a few days ago. (final reply from Jay)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Normal was $1200 for a 2080Ti. Ray tracing was and is stupid and not worth paying for. They upsell their stuff like a youtuber sells clickbait.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
It really is amazing that Jay would expose himself like that. At first it was the shock of it and the question of how long till he apologizes or it gets rabbit holed. But now the why has become the most interesting part.

Aapje

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2022
It really is amazing that Jay would expose himself like that. At first it was the shock of it and the question of how long till he apologizes or it gets rabbit holed. But now the why has become the most interesting part.
He seems to be a very emotional person.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
He seems to be a very emotional person.
Jay right now

woody-harrelson-crying.gif

maddie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2010
It does work for him, just as his lack of preparation which is so often evident. It's funny how his comments section is typically full of fan boys for whom he can do no wrong.
Read some comments with the non-apology, apology video and was amazed at the faith, until I remembered what the word Fan was shortened from.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Read some comments with the non-apology, apology video and was amazed at the faith, until I remembered what the word Fan was shortened from.
Saw it. Cant unsee it. Bad case of damage control gone wrong. Poor guy has terrible understanding of how GPU makers work and cant seem to put 2 + 2 together. Ignored the fact that Nvidia has $ billions of pre-paid Ada chip orders that cannot be delayed indefinitely as well as ignored that Nvidias launch is strongly connected to AMDs launch where they cant afford to let them have free rein in a market with no competition. Also seems oblivious to the potential of an Eth merge likely to occur before year end and what that may do to prices when a flood occurs.

All he did in the vid was note that prices have dipped a little since the month he posted his original vid and was sorry about being 'wrong' on that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ZGR and DAPUNISHER

Harry_Wild

Dec 14, 2012
There not that much differences between this years models PCI 4.0 and PCI 3.0 2019 models prices now given the same specs! I buy am going the PCI 3.0 or 4.0 after the product releases of the new models(2023?).

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
YES! everyone please hurry and buy your 3000 series, so i wont need to get angry at you for taking my RTX 4090's now especially that i finally do not have any miners or fake EDD pandemic recipients that i need to compete against.

Boze

Dec 20, 2004
Boy, this sure aged like milk, didn't it?

I know from the moment I watched Jay's video that he was full of shit. The only question I want answered is:

Is he full of redacted because he's an NVIDIA shill who's scared of standing up to NVIDIA like Linus had to do?

OR

Is he full of redacted because he's just that damn stupid?

I remember posting about this on Reddit when it came out and warning people not to buy cards because:

1. The RTX 4000 / RX 7000 series is right around the corner.
2. Ethereum merge is almost complete and will destroy GPU mining within a month (I was actually wrong about that, it only took 24 hours).
3. NVIDIA has a redacted of extra RTX 30xx series chips to move, plus they have uncancelable wafer orders from TSMC.

I was roundly ignored and/or mocked. Well I'm watching RTX 3090 cards sell on eBay for as low as $650 (actually selling - as in the auction ends with 15-40 bids at $650). Who's laughin' now...

We have a zero tolerance policy for profanity in the tech forums.
Try using alternative words that don't violate that policy.

Iron Woode

Super Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry_Wild

Dec 14, 2012
I just act on my emotions and just thinking about pulling the trigger on the a Nvidia RTX 3070ti and a 850 PUS! LOL! I know; I am an idiot!:eek:o_O

Boze

Dec 20, 2004
I just act on my emotions and just thinking about pulling the trigger on the a Nvidia RTX 3070ti and a 850 PUS! LOL! I know; I am an idiot!:eek:o_O

I would definitely hold off. I track RTX 3090 / 3090 Ti prices on eBay and the downward shift I've been seeing over the past month has been staggering. The lowest sold price I've seen so far is $680 with $35 shipping for a total of $715. The average sale price is $804.xx. My belief is that price will drop in the next few months as more mining cards hit the market. I have no idea how many millions of cards were sold to GPU miners, but they're all essentially paperweights now that the Proof of Stake was implemented in Ethereum.

I legitimately believe we could see prices as low as $550 - $600 for RTX 3090s.

• Wow
Reactions: ZGR

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Is he full of redacted because he's an NVIDIA shill who's scared of standing up to NVIDIA

How exactly is Jay an Nvidia shill? He has routinely spoken out about Nvidia and their practices. I seem to recall that he mentioned not even receiving some of the 30 series cards because of what he's said about Nvidia.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
3. NVIDIA has a redacted of extra RTX 30xx series chips to move, plus they have uncancelable wafer orders from TSMC.

Ins't the rumor that both NV and Intel sold some of their wafer allocation (as can't be canceled) and the buyer very likley was AMD in both cases?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
How exactly is Jay an Nvidia shill? He has routinely spoken out about Nvidia and their practices. I seem to recall that he mentioned not even receiving some of the 30 series cards because of what he's said about Nvidia.
I dont think he's a shill. Just rather gullible that some of the ppl feeding him information were doing so out of their own self interests in moving Nvidia inventory. He thought it was true and was trying to "help us" who are not 'in the know'. :p

Reactions: Executor_

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Jay isn't an Nvidia shill, he is an EVGA shill, self confessed. He effusively denied ever taking a penny from Nvidia in his follow up - I was wrong but not really vid.

Reactions: Executor_ and Leeea

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Is he full of redacted because he's an NVIDIA shill who's scared of standing up to NVIDIA like Linus had to do?

Arrogance and/or ignorance coupled with info from trusted sources I guess. Hopefully he's learned something from it all. It was interesting to see Linus finally come clean last week on the wan show about their relationship with Nvidia and that it went very sour after LTT stood up for Hardware Unboxed when Nvidia went after them over RTX review stuff. It was obvious that Linus was playing it cautious before that on the GPP drama.