Japan's Atomic Bomb

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure how legit, but def interesting. Watching now.

But I will tell you what, I would rather have Germany own this world than Japan (at that time).

Last edited:

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
45 minutes long!? What the crap! Can you just summarize it in a few sentences. Make sure they are short sentences too! My attention span can't do more than that.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
With a fraction of the men and resources, the Japanese nuclear program almost rivals the American nuclear program.
This is humbling.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Just another reason to justify our use. Can't believe there are still people out there that argue that we should not have dropped the bomb.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
watch it

why would they lie?

they had 2 separate programs and they both were inches away from the a-bomb

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
With a fraction of the men and resources, the Japanese nuclear program almost rivals the American nuclear program.
This is humbling.
If they only deployed a fraction of the resources that the Americans did then they simply could not have rivaled the American program in advancement toward an A-bomb. There is no short-cutting the enrichment process. If a nation wants an A-bomb from scratch it has to enrich lots of uranium which is incredibly expensive in terms of infrastructure and energy. Japan had many strengths in WWII, abundant energy wasn't one of them. In short, I'm skeptical.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
If they only deployed a fraction of the resources that the Americans did then they simply could not have rivaled the American program in advancement toward an A-bomb. There is no short-cutting the enrichment process. If a nation wants an A-bomb from scratch it has to enrich lots of uranium which is incredibly expensive in terms of infrastructure and energy. Japan had many strengths in WWII, abundant energy wasn't one of them. In short, I'm skeptical.

why would the scientists lie?

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
so I guess we can feel less guilty knowing that if we were not first, we all would be getting free food and housing from govt...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
why would the scientists lie?
Where were the Japanese enrichment plants? Where was the power source to provide the electricty to run these enrichment plants? No enrichment => no A-bomb. End of story.

Smart people may develop the physics to lead toward a bomb but to actually make one takes energy and infrastructure on a grand scale. Couple with this that some of the physics can't be done until one has enriched uranium or plutonium (from an enriched uranium reactor) to study it makes the whole story less plausible.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Looks like a scene from a Japanese movie how Godzilla/other monsters was accidentally created. :eek:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I've read more than a few books on the Japanese attempt to make the bomb and they were no where near it.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
This is humbling.

Are you fucking kidding me? Oak Ridge was one of the largest laboratory sites in the world and it was churning out weapons grade materials for many many months just to get enough for the three bombs and lab usage.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
kinda makes you think twice about shoving around these middle eastern nations doesn't?

ringtail

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2012
Japan could simply unleash their secret weapon:
japanSendsFido.png

Andrew111

Aug 6, 2001
This is humbling.

So OP....are you Japanese and idolize what the Japanese did during the war? I'm assuming so based on you posting not one, but two threads about how Japan could have won the war. So you fully endorse the Japanese rap sheet during the war? Maybe the Japanese shouldn't have devoted so many resources towards committing war crimes...eh OP?

Last edited:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Germans were close also.Plus they also had a delivery system in the V 10.

Germans were never in the ball park. They might have understood the physics as well as the Americans and Japanese, but they didn't have the resources. Drawing a bomb on paper was one thing, producing one was another. By the time they got to the point where they could have tried to enrich the uranium their heavy industry was under constant bombardment. They couldn't keep a tank factory running let alone build the sort of infrastructure needed to take a nuke from the drawing board into production.