Jailed for having a home Bible study?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I'm normally one that would jump up to defend those practicing their faith, but this isn't an issue of religious discrimination. That ordinance exists for a reason. If you suddenly switched "bible study" with "koran study", you'd have a lot more people up in arms about it. The same ordinance would still apply. The property owner built a house of worship in violation of zoning laws, end of story.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
He was jailed for violating zoning code, not for having a home Bible study. Fail.
Unfortunately I have not been able to locate the court case file. I am really curious as to what extremes the defendant had to go to manage to get himself tossed in jail for zoning violations.

BTW, the first time he reported to jail for this conviction they wouldn't let him in and sent him home.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I made the assumption that if you believe there was a promise made in Genesis, you would believe both that God exists and that He spoke to people. With this in mind, if you would also believe Deuteronomy as well.

It appears you believe God talked to Adam but that He did not talk to Moses and therefor the only true Bible book is Genesis. Is this correct?

Moses wrote those books long after Noah. Moses was a Prince of Egypt according to the story. Who was of Hebrew blood according to the story . Thats just what it is a story, An untrue story at that . Ya I was up untill recently Moses told a true story. But the Staff of power that was given to Moses . and was Adams in the beginning has shown me that moses was just bitter about not succeding to the thrown of Egypt. The God of moses and the hebrews was the same gods as the semarians. 3rd grade Catholic religion class.