Jager Bombs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What's a jager bomb consist of?

• Jager and beer

• Jager and red bull

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The need to be proficient in ones knowledge of alcohol is simply a manifestation of the need to pretend some form of mastery, there are a million others we pretend, to cover the insecurity of self hate. Love yourself and alcohol will play an inordinately small part of your life. At the very least you will want to drink what pleases your tongue and you will find that via experimentation with your own taste.

This advise, however freeing of nonsense it may actually be, should only be attempted by those who feel organic shame for the parochialism of their interests. For the rest, let them contend with the risk of liver disease. The association of alcohol and maturity is a sure sign of the latter's absence.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
The need to be proficient in ones knowledge of alcohol is simply a manifestation of the need to pretend some form of mastery, there are a million others we pretend, to cover the insecurity of self hate. Love yourself and alcohol will play an inordinately small part of your life. At the very least you will want to drink what pleases your tongue and you will find that via experimentation with your own taste.

This advise, however freeing of nonsense it may actually be, should only be attempted by those who feel organic shame for the parochialism of their interests. For the rest, let them contend with the risk of liver disease. The association of alcohol and maturity is a sure sign of the latter's absence.

Your self hate is giving me a hangover. Trying to moralize alcohol consumption is foolish and pointless but, at least it's just annoying.

JimmiG

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2005
Jäger bomb = Jäger+Red Bull

If no Jäger is available, you can mix Red Bull and Vodka which makes a Vod-Bomb.

You can have beer with a shot of Jäger on the side, but you typically don't mix them. That would be disgusting since Jäger is very sweet.

You can also drink it straight. Then you can make drunken-EBM music :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykNVha0ahOs

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Your self hate is giving me a hangover. Trying to moralize alcohol consumption is foolish and pointless but, at least it's just annoying.

I said that the interest in developing a sophisticated knowledge of alcohol as demonstrated by the OP in his contest to be correct in his definition of some drink is a parochial interest based on social competitiveness stemming from a hidden insecurity. There was no moralizing done by me. You simply became defensive as TheBrewer, I think, and out of that defensiveness invented a charge against me, one that goes right to the core of organic shame. You feel defensive because you feel guilty of something and I provoked that guilt that was already proper to you. In short you projected on me your own hidden feelings.

I bought, about a week ago, 6 exotic beers for the fun of finding which, if any, would really appeal to me. I have two left, but of those I have already drunk I have liked them all. Gotta love brewers.

My hope is to awaken folk to the stupidity of their actions, not their immorality. Do not compete to become expert is the absurd. Do not gratify your ego with phony sophistication. Enjoy a drink or two and leave it at that. Do not base your self respect on what you can show off about your knowledge of alcohol. Do not narrow your focus. Get drunk on life. When you visit threads like this you see that common sense just isn't all that common.