~~~~ IWANNA ~~~~

AnandTech Moderator

Staff member
Oct 12, 1999
Continued from http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=219851

Post requests for Hot Deals you are seeking in this thread.

If you know of a deal relevant to a posted request, post a new thread or a link to it on the forum, NOT HERE.

---

POSTING RULES:

1. ONLY post requests. DO NOT POST ANY REPLIES.

2. Post once & only once for each "deal" you are seeking.

3. Keep your request brief but as descriptive as possible.

4. Do not post requests for coupon or promotional codes or links to them.

ANYONE MAY PERIODICALLY MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE TOP AND YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO SO IN ORDER FOR NEWER MEMBERS TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH IT. Please do this by posting a message containing only one or two characters such as "^", "up", "nt", etc. THANKS

---

~~~~ IWANNA ~~~~ continued here.

Possum

May 23, 2000
Looking for any places/deals selling motherboards with onboard 3D video and sound for VERY cheap prices (e.g. the 810 chipset Tekram motherboard for $30 a few days ago). MicroATX and ATX both fine, either socket 370 or slot 1 (for a Celeron). Also looking for the motherboard bundled with a VERY cheap case.

I'm hoping to find a place with something as good as the $30 Tekram sale for the motherboard, and better than $33 shipped for the case (compgeeks.com sells a mid-tower for that much shipped).

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
looking for a pcmcia card for my new vaio (xg29, not the 580 from the buy.com deal, i missed that one too ;)

56k modem / 10/100 base T ethernet / wireless modem

the only one i've seen with all this is the Xircom cardbus, going for ~$50-$100 on eGay, haven't seen any real deals for it though. credit-card style only :p

thanks

j00

Sep 4, 2000
looking for deals on

toshiba sd2200 dvd player

5.1/dts receiver

5.1 speakers

junthin

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I remember a awesome deal with Colombia House for DVD's where you use a code when you register with them for membership and you get some dvd's for like $8~ or so. Any help? If so, please email me (in profile) or private message me. Thanks.

raftman

Aug 1, 2000
looking to open an etrade account, and wondering what places offer bonuses for signing up. i know buy.com and onsale.com offer gc's from their websites. any other significant bonuses i could know about? thanks!

BiggieN

Banned
Apr 3, 2000
since here is a new iwanna thread...here's a cut and paste...

ok, all this time i am spending behind a computer is adding to my behind...LOL j/k. However, i do need a good deal on an exercise bike but i don't know what kind is good. the budget cap will be $200. i honestly cannot justify spending more then that on an exercise bike. what i'm looking is durability and the electronics on the bike, its gotta have the calorie counter and all that speedometer stuff. thanks...

frickinvega

Sep 1, 2000
I'm looking for hot deals on some bigger ticket items, like a 27" (or bigger TV) and/or a DTS/AC3 reciever. Any percentage based type deal would work. That JC Penny 30% deal would come in handy right about now, but that appears to be over. I'm looking to start building a home theatre setup, and I need to stretch my dollar to the max.

Thanks a million!

grass

Banned
Apr 9, 2000
I have a ASUS slot 1 secc2 pentium 3 440bx mobo and I am looking for at lease 600 pentium 3 256 cache cBO to overclock for a price range of 150 shipped if and around Thanks Guys Hope You Could Help !!!!!!

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
I wanna know about any hot deals on DSL service in NYC. I just cancelled my account w/Speakeasy.net because their cust svc is terrible. They were gonna charge me 175 dollars for a missed covad app't and it after almost 3 months my DSL still isn't set up. My line is good too and I am close to the first hop.

JokerF15

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2000
im looking for a good deal on cellular/digital phone. basically I want a lot of minutes per month, free phone, voice mail, pager service, like first minute free incoming. Also, something i can use in california without any roaming charge. anyone know of any good deal?

llamaman

Jul 3, 2000
Along the same lines as JokerF15, I am looking for the best deal of cellular/digital service. Basically I don't have a phone but want one.
This phone will be used mainly on the East Coast - Connecticut. Would you all recommend Sprint or Verizon? And whats the best price per month for however many minutes. Doesn't need email or anything of the sort.

Thanks.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
good/cheap print server with MORE than one port, maybe 3.

running windows 98se, 2000 pro... etc...

kendogg

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Looking for a good deal on a 19" monitor that provides Flatscreen and a dot pitch less than .25