Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
As with daddy, no matter how she violates rules and protocol, she is untouchable until the Dems take over the House.

Can't wait for the Dems to take over. Should be an eye opening experience, although I do hope they don't fall all over themselves making them look like idiots as the Repubs did with those never ending Ben-bullshit-gazi hearings they showboated over and over again.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
That's it? That's all you got? No call for investigation? No calls to bring her to court?
No surprise.

OMG. Really?

You just being your usual moronic self.

Of course you would need to go through the due process.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
OMG. Really?

You just being your usual moronic self.

Of course you would need to go through the due process.
Is lock her up due process? All those calls here are just a mocking of the guy you admire. Just wondering which face gets your attention?

Reactions: greatnoob

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
You know.....
ALL of this is just dirty politics, ALL OF IT.
Watching the documentary series MONICA on A&E, while Newt was demonizing Bill Clinton for having an affair, old Newt was screwing his girl friend at the very same time. And they were both married men.
And now we have republicans apparently believing this use of personal email thing is a pretty good idea after all....
Republicans sure went all bat-shet nuts over Hillary, yet now they suddenly lack the outrage when it involves Ivanka. Go figure....

IT'S ALL POLITICS and REVENGE.
Not one republican nor democrat has any right or moral justification to toss stones.
Republicans spent millions and wasted years attacking the Clintons over Whitewater, and both Hillary and Ivanka conducted government business using personal emails, add to that this Russian collusion thing.

Just imagine if they, and we, actually spent the time and resources on bettering our society instead of playing the game of personal destruction, just imagine how better off the country would be.
Republicans did it to the Clintons, so now democrats must serve it right back to republicans.
Eight years of Whitewater, and thus far four years of Soviet collusion.
What does it matter how much it costs or if it's all only a bunch of political baloney. Do it anyway.

It's a true wonder how anyone can get motivated to even vote, or to get involved, or to actually care.
IT'S ALL A GAME.
A very expensive game at that and all at the expense of the taxpayers.
Republicans do it, democrats do it. And THAT has become the American way.

I suggest watching the Smithsonian Channel and their current documentary on WWII.
How thousands of Americans, allied forces, enemy forces, and civilians died across the globe to fight that world war.
And back then, having something to worry about actually meant life or death.
The towns bombed. The children killed. Millions dislocated. The masses of troops slaughtered. All those lives lost.
And now, here we are....
All concerned about Russian collusion and that Whitewater era.
Maybe its time we need something to really worry about?
One of those life and death situations?
Like the kind we faced during WWII.

Reactions: Chocu1a

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Sure, as long as they lock up Hillary too.

Hilary was investigated twice and both times cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.

Ivanka has not been investigated even once, much less charged.

But yeah, I have no doubt you think "innocent until proven guilty" is just bullshit and lots of people should be locked up cuz you want it.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Hilary was investigated twice and both times cleared of any criminal wrongdoing.

But yeah, I have no doubt you think "innocent until proven guilty" is just bullshit and lots of people should be locked up cuz you want it.

And the "as long as they lock up Hillary too" comment is a bit bizarre - surely a supporter would advocate practicing what's being preached?

Trump will just "fake news" through any press questioning on this topic until the cows come home.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

And the "as long as they lock up Hillary too" comment is a bit bizarre - surely a supporter would advocate practicing what's being preached?

Trump will just "fake news" through any press questioning on this topic until the cows come home.

I made a snarky comment in response to a snarky comment and everybody wants a soap box to stand on.

At a minimum she should be held to the same standard as Hillary. Look at the e-mails and decide what is what based on that.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Oh boy, this is gonna be fun. Dems should subpoena her for numerous public hearings to investigate this. I can't begin to imagine how salty Trump will get, it's gonna be glorious.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
My prediction is: "Ivanka Trump is not a cabinet official and in fact doesn't even have a security clearance, so this is no big deal, unlike when that poopy head Hillary did it."

Or, "Who cares? We won."

Feb 4, 2009
I’ll say the same as I did with buttery mails.

Can we please have computers and mail servers that work well in Government, can we please put them on an automatic replacement schedule.
That’s why private systems get used

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well Fox and Friends spent 10 seconds on Ivanka's email debacle. They just talked about her lawyers response spinning it.

If I recall Fox News ran 24x7 for months about Hillary's email.

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
That's weird, your article doesn't say that.
I think as the official in the article clearly states, she didn't send any classified information

No need whatsoever for a congressional investigation, her word is fine by me

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
No personal server set up in her house for the purpose of avoiding scrutiny.
No classified info, apparently.
Stopped when informed it was against the rules.
Preserved all the emails.
Not a high government official.
New to working in the government.

So I think if a cat fight starts, Hillary would lose the comparison. :)

Reactions: Greenman

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I made a snarky comment in response to a snarky comment and everybody wants a soap box to stand on.

At a minimum she should be held to the same standard as Hillary. Look at the e-mails and decide what is what based on that.
I don’t understand the response. Clinton doesn’t get a pass. Neither does Ivanka. Policies that govern the handling of classified and secure materials exist for a reason.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Yep!
1542719185078.jpeg

Pretty sure the president's concubine counts as a "high government official."

Just sayin'..

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014

Personal domain was set up by Jared prior to assuming duties, with an additional account (to the personal one Ivanka continued using).

And if its a cat fight, any credibility on the republicans part with regard to the issue is also on trial

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

How do we know no classified into?
I guess she was absent during her fathers campaign.
How to we know all emails preserved?
She is a high government official. Reports directly to the President with a top security clearence.
Again, if she paid half attention to her father's constant rants about Hillary's email she would have known.

Do you have more excuses for crooked Ivanka?

Reactions: tweaker2 and dank69