Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Actually stating nothing happened to Hillary was pretty dumb. Comey statement about Hillary turned the election in favor of Trump.

The comment about nothing was sarcasm...

Anyway, I'm going back to my policy of avoiding political discussions, and probably going to quit bothering to vote.
Our elected officials are all just terrible people getting rich who have no connection to the public good any more.
Their job seems to consist of hanging on to power at any cost, and spending money.

EDIT - No, I didn't report the personal attack.

Feb 4, 2009
Hopefully you didn't just call me that over politics.
Is such a personal attack even allowed here?

No wonder I don't talk politics with anyone anymore.

I should have known better than to post here, where I basically knew I shouldn't go.

Not sure about dumb ass but I don’t think that’s over the line in this context

BTW I recommend you review your signature if dumb ass is offensive.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

I should have known better than to post here, where I basically knew I shouldn't go.

P&N in large part is an echo chamber. If you disagree with the masses, you will get anger and vitriol hurled at you.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Not sure about dumb ass but I don’t think that’s over the line in this context

BTW I recommend you review your signature if dumb ass is offensive.
My signature is a quote from the board from long ago, and a self description. There's no personal attack in it.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Is this a serious question? Let me get this straight... you are asking if some line was crossed here by you being called a "dumb ass" for posting your opinion...

Yeah, this might not be the best outlet for you if you don't want to 'talk politics' especially if that penetrated your skin...

Here, you will come to find people on both sides of the aisle will tell you just where to stick your feelz...

I'm starting to see this apathy a lot from someone of my former Trump supporter friends (Not implying you are one)... They haven't totally accepted it yet so they are still somewhere between denial and acceptance and they have just sort of thrown up their hands in the air and said ah fuck it... don't want to talk politics any more...

No worries mate...

Reactions: greatnoob

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
After multiple investigations it was determined that Hillary broke no laws. If after a thorough investigation we find the same about Ivanka then great. Until then, lock her up and lock you up for defending her.

It was just weddings and yoga pants. What reasonable prosecutor would do anything about that?

Feb 4, 2009
Per the President it’s totally different from Hillary because Ivanka didn’t delete anything and all the emails are part of Government Records
Per the President at a press gaggle on the radio

Key takeaways:
Nothing has been deleted
All are part of Government records

Feb 4, 2009
Just once, it would be nice to have Trump under oath.

That would be great but it’s not needed. The President with his own words and voice said all of Ivakas Government emails are logged within Government records.
I have a suspicion the House will find out if this is accurate in a few months.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
That would be great but it’s not needed. The President with his own words and voice said all of Ivakas Government emails are logged within Government records.
I have a suspicion the House will find out if this is accurate in a few months.

It would still be nice so that we can know that he is not speaking metaphorically, obvious hyperbole, or perhaps this one is an example of his sharp wit? Maybe we can get one of the Anandtech Trumpspeakers to tell us which one this is?

Feb 4, 2009
It would still be nice so that we can know that he is not speaking metaphorically, obvious hyperbole, or perhaps this one is an example of his sharp wit? Maybe we can get one of the Anandtech Trumpspeakers to tell us which one this is?

Probably would be disappointing. Saw something last year on Maddow (I think)
Trump is a totally different guy in court. He speaks specifically, doesn’t brag and chooses his words carefully. He also claims to have trouble reading stuff because he doesn’t have his reading glasses with him.

Maybe he is functionally illiterate

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Probably would be disappointing. Saw something last year on Maddow (I think)
Trump is a totally different guy in court. He speaks specifically, doesn’t brag and chooses his words carefully. He also claims to have trouble reading stuff because he doesn’t have his reading glasses with him.

That wouldn't be a disappointment to me. I don't want a 'gotcha' moment. I just want to not be bullshitted all the time. I would respect him a whole lot more if he were to just tell the truth, or even be a competent liar.

Maybe he is functionally illiterate

I honestly think he is. That is not partisan, I've seen multiple videos of him attempting to read things, I think either he has very bad close vision and is too vain to wear glasses, or is illiterate.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Maybe they'll get Comey to do a press conference and explain that she was just stupid and careless, not a criminal. Everyone goes home happy.

As with every other tempest in a tea pot, I'll wait until the investigation is complete before deciding she's guilty and demanding her sentencing. This thread should be up to 300 pages by then.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
If I were a betting man I'd wager the water carriers of the world will be busy trading false equivalence cards soon... Somehow I think the "jail her" card has little value any more and can be obtained on the cheap now...

Feb 4, 2009

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Obviously Trump sources are not reliable (e.g. nothing deleted, nothing classified) and no one else has had access to the emails, so that needs to be done before any reasonable conclusion can be made. Right now this is mostly front page stuff for sheer irony. I do think most likely it will end up in similar waters to Hillary. Given her position and interests, I find it unlikely the government business she was conducting through private email without following policy to report was itself any kind of material national security matter. And I think there is almost no chance that some classified info is not found in the emails, but probably not much of actual consequence. So that leaves us in something of a gray area. Illegal by the letter of the law if there is gross negligence. Of course, those are my projections. First step is investigation, and I will be highly upset if that is somehow impeded.