Its not my fualt your black kid is fat

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
I'm seriously not following you, help me out. I think you misunderstood me, as I've never advocated for the removal of social welfare programs. I've also never said that the conditions you mentioned are irrelevant, they are part of what causes the current situation, in addition to much more.
You want to lower the bar instead of raise the next rung up closer to the upper class rung, the problems is the rich are getting to much coin, it is creating the problem, normal everyday people can't get out of the hole anymore and middle class has been demoted.
The answer isn't to demote the impoverished that would be a catastrophe!
You got to address the issue of capital earns over labour earnings- they are too out of level, look at the capital victories indices for your answer- your financial sector has fucked us all over but your hitting on the bottom end. Geez the MSM has earned it pay these cunts have looted the place and your pointing the finger at fat black kids and their parents lack of ability to get a steady and reasonably paid fucken job! your real unemployment is like 20%
And your government is playing footsies with illegal immigration and the poor in your country are hurting the most out of anybody in the picture- fuck I'm glad I'm not an amercunt! or should I say I live on a big Island, thats one nation with hard seas all around- and were getting f18's and f35!
but should be getting f16s or mig 31's

Last edited:

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
You want to lower the bar instead of raise the next rung up closer to the upper class rung, the problems is the rich are getting to much coin, it is creating the problem, normal everyday people can't get out of the hole anymore and middle class has been demoted.
The answer isn't to demote the impoverished that would be a catastrophe!
You got to address the issue of capital earns over labour earnings- they are too out of level, look at the capital victories indices for your answer- your financial sector has fucked us all over but your hitting on the bottom end. Geez the MSM has earned it pay these cunts have looted the place and your pointing the finger at fat black kids and their parents lack of ability to get a steady and reasonably pay fucken job!
And your government is playing footsies with illegal immigration and the poor in your country are hurting the most out of anybody in the picture- fuck I'm glad I'm not an amercunt!

And you are assuming that all Americans think the same. I basically agree with you, too much wealth has accumulated at the top of the ladder. Many factors interact to keep the poor where they are, and I don't believe a sense of entitlement is one of them. That said, a big part of a person's identity in the U.S. comes from their job, at least for the middle and upper classes, so that is something I would like to help the lower class obtain as well.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I don't know, I look around when I'm out in public and seems to me that there are a hell of a lot of fat white kids too. Maybe it's that todays kids are just fat slobs, white, black or hispanic. Don't see too many fat Asian kids though.

That`s because the Asians hide their over weight kids....

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Or maybe dad could cook ...or at least not vanish :) That said, I agree with much of what you said.

Perhaps guilt/shame were once powerful motivators, but I'd disagree that they were ever more effective than other forms of motivation, they were simply easier. I don't really see this as having anything to do with a sense of entitlement. That said, what works for one group isn't necessarily going to work for another.

Guilt and shame have been replaced with greed/envy, which are still negative motivators and lead to social problems-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emotions
If we started to use the opposite emotions, things would be much better no doubt!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So you don't seem to understand that the quality-freshness, nutrition levels- of produce that ends up in a poor area of a city is different to what goes to the rich part of town,

Thats is so much so much BS you can`t even support your ignorant claim!!

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
And you are assuming that all Americans think the same. I basically agree with you, too much wealth has accumulated at the top of the ladder. Many factors interact to keep the poor where they are, and I don't believe a sense of entitlement is one of them. That said, a big part of a person's identity in the U.S. comes from their job, at least for the middle and upper classes, so that is something I would like to help the lower class obtain as well.

Well, I am only carpenter and I know janitors who I rather talk to then CEO, lawyers, bankers or politicians.
Job isn't a good insight on character- funny thing is I find the poor mostly live of principles! which is something you cannot buy.
It's pretty fucked up were job and status is who you judge a person, especially in a partially/semi nepotistic culture which is like most developed society are with their own national flavour and his-story.
Fuck, I had a state polly say to me when I was doing a job for them- "we can get you work for the rest of your life"(I never went back again).
Look my attacks are blind fury- I know some really nice amerikans, but I have met some real cunts too- I would the same for russians. Pommies are generally pritty slick reptiles!
And aussies tend to not give a fuck to much about anything except sport, so I am a stranger in my own country!
I suppose we yank bash because you fuckers are so dominant and influential on the rest of the world- you pollute, not just dilute other cultures, whom if you gave em a bit of space could give you something back worth more then a profit.
But I think the donkey of the rest of the world is start to push back on the monkey that is the Usa- your economically on the ropes if someone farts your gone!
Stop taking shots at the poor, more then any other class they have a higher percentage of good will towards there fellow man. Tear strips off cunts that use them as a scape goats for the thieving, heathen bastards at the top!

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Thats is so much so much BS you can`t even support your ignorant claim!!

Yes King David!
Don't tell me! your a pissed off slum lord, that throws out granmahs onto the street for being late with the $2000/mnth rent. Something here tells me you don't own any lou reed albums.
Your mates over there will get smoked sooner or later so save it for someone who gives a flying fuck.
Tell me how much money have you sent back to isreal?

Last edited:

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Bullshit. Rice is cheap as hell.

And why can't you substitute one for the other? Don't eat fucking chips. Put a little vinegar (cheap) on some lettuce (cheap) and you have a salad that doesn't have the 500 calories that gorging your fat fucking face on a bag of chips does.

Rice is cheap, but mostly what you find in the stores is white rice. It is full of starch and lacks many of the nutrients that brown rice has. Yet, it is much cheaper than brown rice, even though white rice is nothing more than brown rice with the germ and bran removed by milling and polishing.

The polishing process removes important nutrients. A diet based on unenriched white rice leaves people vulnerable to the neurological disease beriberi, due to a deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1). White rice is often enriched with some of the nutrients stripped from it during its processing. Enrichment of white rice with B1, B3, and iron is required by law in the United States.

The point still stands. It is possible to eat a balanced diet, but it is not the cheapest option. Rice is but one example of this. And yes, I have had salads like that. It is filling, but you need a lot more in your meal to achieve a balanced diet.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Yes King David!
Don't tell me! your a pissed off slum lord, that throws out granmahs onto the street for being late with the $2000/mnth rent. Something here tells me you don't own any lou reed albums.
Your mates over there will get smoked sooner or later so save it for someone who gives a flying fuck.
Tell me how much money have you sent back to isreal?
FWIW: This probably applies more to me than Jedi.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So you don't seem to understand that the quality-freshness, nutrition levels- of produce that ends up in a poor area of a city is different to what goes to the rich part of town, wow that amazes me that your so simple minded- to the point that I think your making excuses here and now or brushing it over so you don't feeling anything about other peoples suffering at your benefit.

$=quality
- no argument can refute that!
Have you tried the meat, fruit and vegetables in a poor areas supermarkets?
Have you done the maths in the cost difference between fresh and frozen- home cooked and MacDonalds burger or KFC?
Do you only see things the way you want them to fit into your picture?
Are you a "fuck you jack, I'm ok" man?

You think there's a conspiracy whereby farmers gauge the level of vitamins and minerals in their vegetables, and then hand pick the ones that go to the poor?

Wow.

foil_hat.jpg

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
You think there's a conspiracy whereby farmers gauge the level of vitamins and minerals in their vegetables, and then hand pick the ones that go to the poor?

Wow.

foil_hat.jpg

Higher quality food does tend to end up in grocery stores in richer neighborhoods. Capitalists should have no trouble figuring out why.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
The word entitlement is getting tossed around a lot, but I would feel relatively safe saying that everyone posting here has a sense of entitlement about something.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Or maybe dad could cook ...or at least not vanish :) That said, I agree with much of what you said.

Perhaps guilt/shame were once powerful motivators, but I'd disagree that they were ever more effective than other forms of motivation, they were simply easier. I don't really see this as having anything to do with a sense of entitlement. That said, what works for one group isn't necessarily going to work for another.

Maybe Dad wouldn't vanish if we hadn't set up a system that gives a young mother a home and an income as long as Dad isn't around? Only now I don't know how we fix that without making things worse. Single mothers aren't the only things difficult to unscrew!

I'm just going by the world when I was growing up, but needing government assistance was a source of embarrassment and shame that drove one to try hard to not need it. That has been replaced with an entitlement society, and as you said it is not just the poor, not just blacks or minorities in general. Our society has a bad tendency to think that we are "truly" entitled to our perks but other people both richer and poorer need to man up and grow a pair. We've also gotten mean, willing to take a small hit or loss of freedom if we can enjoy someone else taking a bigger hit. And we watch reality television that seems geared only to enjoying someone else's degradation. (Granted, my only reality TV exposure comes from The Soup so YMMV.)

I save myself exposure to Gingermegg's vitriolic insanity, but since someone quoted him/her - WTF does Lou Reed have to do with any of this? (For the record I've bought Transformer on eight track, cassette, and CD.)

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I save myself exposure to Gingermegg's vitriolic insanity, but since someone quoted him/her - WTF does Lou Reed have to do with any of this? (For the record I've bought Transformer on eight track, cassette, and CD.)
I can't figure out the Lou Reed connection, either.

Perhaps our ginger compatriot is chronically depressed from too many spins of Berlin?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I grew up in a predominately black area. I get to say great person and no one says shit about it. Becuase I was one of 10 whites kids in a class of 300.

secondly. Fuck You.

Black society holds itself down. No one has to do anything they are doing it to themselves.

Enjoy your time away from these forums. When you do come back try not to be such a racist asshole or your posting privileges will be permanently revoked

Anandtech Admin
Red Dawn

Soooo, apparently mods are allowed to start pissing contests with over racism, and then when the victim responds with nothing more than a personal opinion, the mod can accuse their victim of racism and ban them.
How nice for Anandtech moderators.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007

I can't speak for others, but I have the belief that if I work hard and follow the rules, life will generally be okay. That's entitlement.

Or if I work hard in school and get a college degree, or graduate degree, that I will be able to obtain worthwhile employment. Perhaps not immediately, but eventually. That's entitlement as well.

Or if I live a good life and believe in Jesus, I'll go to heaven. Entitlement :)

Just giving a few examples, I'd suspect there are infinitely more and we all have at least one of them.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sorry, should have quoted. I was asking for proof that the vegetables sold in grocery stores in black neighborhoods have fewer nutrients than those sold to whites.

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
Rice is cheap, but mostly what you find in the stores is white rice. It is full of starch and lacks many of the nutrients that brown rice has. Yet, it is much cheaper than brown rice, even though white rice is nothing more than brown rice with the germ and bran removed by milling and polishing.

The point still stands. It is possible to eat a balanced diet, but it is not the cheapest option. Rice is but one example of this. And yes, I have had salads like that. It is filling, but you need a lot more in your meal to achieve a balanced diet.
Rice (white or brown) and beans make up the perfect protein containing all the essential amino acids. Add in some fresh fruits and veggies, such as bananas and whatever veggie is selling for cheap and you will have a very balanced meal for very cheap.
Whole oats (not the sugar laden instant kind) are another good option that I choose all the time for my non poor self.
Chicken can be found on sale for very cheap very often.
Veggies can also be found cheap and you can choose what is in season and on sale to try to save money.

The point is I dont think that poverty is any excuse for being fat. Your choice of healthy options may be less but that doesnt mean that you cant find cheap healthy alternatives. People always like to play the victim when the greatest enemy anyone faces is the person they see i the mirror.

Last edited:

elitejp

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2010
Sorry, should have quoted. I was asking for proof that the vegetables sold in grocery stores in black neighborhoods have fewer nutrients than those sold to whites.
+1
What about poor white neighborhoods? :rolleyes:

They may not look the best but for people to think that the fruits and veggies are racist and refuse to produce the proper amount of nutrients since they know that they will end up in black neighborhoods is quite amusing.

I will tell you that potato chips and candy bars have fewer nutrients than racist veggies LOL

Last edited:

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
+1
What about poor white neighborhoods? :rolleyes:

They may not look the best but for people to think that the fruits and veggies are racist and refuse to produce the proper amount of nutrients since they know that they will end up in black neighborhoods is quite amusing.

I will tell you that potato chips and candy bars have fewer nutrients than racist veggies LOL

Why is it you have so many poor in such a first world country is the real question.
If shame and guilt be a motivator.............why isn't it working in this example?

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008

So why are they so much better in areas with lots of greenbacks living there?

Have a look one day if you could care less.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008
Rice (white or brown) and beans make up the perfect protein containing all the essential amino acids. Add in some fresh fruits and veggies, such as bananas and whatever veggie is selling for cheap and you will have a very balanced meal for very cheap.
Whole oats (not the sugar laden instant kind) are another good option that I choose all the time for my non poor self.
Chicken can be found on sale for very cheap very often.
Veggies can also be found cheap and you can choose what is in season and on sale to try to save money.

The point is I dont think that poverty is any excuse for being fat. Your choice of healthy options may be less but that doesnt mean that you cant find cheap healthy alternatives. People always like to play the victim when the greatest enemy anyone faces is the person they see i the mirror.

Nobody is wanting to talk about the employment problem and the societal esteem issues the goes with it.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008

Wow.

foil_hat.jpg
Smell and taste are your best tools for your own gauging of the nutrition in fruit and vegetables.
Genotypes which have been established to grow bigger, faster, store for longer periods of time, have regular shape and colour aren't as good as slow maturing crops which suck the ground harder and longer for the same mass of foliage.

In a poor area in Europe; I was talking with and old farmer about his broccoli and he said the slower it grows the better it tastes; however he sold it directly to the consumer, so he's reasons to grow better quality product was from have one on one contact to the people that eat it and developing more then just a business relationship with them.

Lots of Farmers get paid on contracts to big supermarket chains, they get paid by weight and grade(which is usually weighed and graded by the supermarket representative).
The smarter farmers that go up market with their produce, presenting the produce at a wholesaler auction, where the the top end retailers outbid the rest to have the best.

gingermeggs

Golden Member
Dec 22, 2008

Basmati rice has long chain sugars and is better for you, brown basmati rice is better again because it has the rice bran still on it....I had it last night with my morrocan style lamb neck chops with plenty of good fresh vege involved-garlic, coriander seeds, sumak, saffron and preserved lemon.
Steer away from the sticky rice types, which are much like potatoes, all sugar and not much nutrient.
What bugs me is the rich are starting to eat cheap cuts of meat(forcing the price up!) because they envy the peasant's diet and their fantastic cultural cooking styles.
I would rather eat a chicken from a thai village, then from an industrially produced hormone pumped, genemodded 6week older in the west which has lived a pitiful life with no happiness for its existence.
A happy chook is a good chook!