Its not my fualt your black kid is fat

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Its because black people are poorer than whites, in general, and cannot afford healthy foods. Its been shown that cheap foods are extremely unhealthy. This should be no suprise.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Its because black people are poorer than whites, in general, and cannot afford healthy foods. Its been shown that cheap foods are extremely unhealthy. This should be no suprise.

Those who are poor have medicaid and they can choose to buy good food. When you see two shopping carts loaded up with junkfood and nothing else it's a pretty good clue that money isn't the issue. Besides if that was true then no one could get anything else, and many do.

This is a matter of choice.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

fantolay

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2009

They can get cable but not healthy food?

Maybe their brains are inferior and they don't understand any of the health announcements they see that emphasize good health and talk about how not to become obese.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Those who are poor have medicaid and they can choose to buy good food. When you see two shopping carts loaded up with junkfood and nothing else it's a pretty good clue that money isn't the issue. Besides if that was true then no one could get anything else, and many do.

This is a matter of choice.
+1

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Maybe their brains are inferior and they don't understand any of the health announcements they see that emphasize good health and talk about how not to become obese.
I don't know, I look around when I'm out in public and seems to me that there are a hell of a lot of fat white kids too. Maybe it's that todays kids are just fat slobs, white, black or hispanic. Don't see too many fat Asian kids though.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Don't see too many fat Asian kids though.

fat-asian-kid.jpg

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
damn, I remember when POOR people were actually SKINNY. I guess times have changed...

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
damn, I remember when POOR people were actually SKINNY. I guess times have changed...

Yeah, that was BEFORE poor people started getting government subsidized food stamps to get them mounds of unhealthy foods at the expense of the taxpayer.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I don't know, I look around when I'm out in public and seems to me that there are a hell of a lot of fat white kids too. Maybe it's that todays kids are just fat slobs, white, black or hispanic. Don't see too many fat Asian kids though.

I'd agree although I know some chunky Asians. What you say pretty much backs up the OPs citation. Blaming fat black kids on racism is weak.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

I don't think the fact its more expensive (its really not) is what the issue really is. I think the fact its easyer to get kids to eat junk food then fruits and veggies.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I'd agree although I know some chunky Asians. What you say pretty much backs up the OPs citation. Blaming fat black kids on racism is weak.

I didn't get the racist charge from reading Michelle Obama's quotes. If I recall both her and her husband have actually been telling the black community to get their shit together and that's what I gathered from her quotes in that article. However I think it should include all of Americans no matter what race they are. It seems like they have no shame. If I see another teenage girl wearing low rise pants with her gut hanging out with a navel piercing I think I'll scream

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I don't think the fact its more expensive (its really not) is what the issue really is. I think the fact its easyer to get kids to eat junk food then fruits and veggies.

This.

I suspect few children are going to bed early these days for not eating their veggies.

I was forced to eat my Brussel sprouts as a child --- so should they :D

--

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
This.

I suspect few children are going to bed early these days for not eating their veggies.

I was forced to eat my Brussel sprouts as a child --- so should they :D

--

Brussel sprouts with steak is actually quite awesome.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I didn't get the racist charge from reading Michelle Obama's quotes. If I recall both her and her husband have actually been telling the black community to get their shit together and that's what I gathered from her quotes in that article. However I think it should include all of Americans no matter what race they are. It seems like they have no shame. If I see another teenage girl wearing low rise pants with her gut hanging out with a navel piercing I think I'll scream

I'd agree that the "racist" charge is a bit much and I'm not feeling the angst either, however look at this:

“We are living today in a time where we’re decades beyond slavery, we are decades beyond Jim Crow, when one of the greatest risks to our children’s future is their own health
I'm decades beyond the Trail of Tears too. If I were concerned about native american health issues I'd look pretty stupid bring that up, and yes I'm half Cherokee although I look as lily white as anyone and I have some pounds to loose. Shall I bring up my cultural history and that of others in that context?

There is access to good food and I applaud the efforts of anyone who encourages good choices, however once you bring in slavery you automatically bring in the cloud of past injustice. It's pandering at best and offering an excuse of "the Man keeps me down" by making the association.

People need to get beyond this and address today. Moreover, they need to stop using other people or their past for their poor decisions today. That would apply to white people, asians or the Cherokee if it was done.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

is my sarcasm meter broke or are you really wearing a white robe and pointy mask?