It was Rove.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Corn
I think it was NOT a case of "mens rea" and therefore, with that absent, not a felony.

You Bush loving apologist! Are you Karl Rove? ;)

Moonster.... did I say the wrong thing again... what... I did...

I hate to think the folks in DC are that stupid and I don't.. they know what they're about. They know that if Novak is forced to surrender a source he will ... these are risks they just won't take.. Even Segretti in '72 used more intelligent "rat f......" techniques.. to get the 'enemy'.

It was a slip of the tongue in frustration over drinks... (too many) and until more actual facts come out... there it is... May have been Rove but, not with the intent ascribed, I don't think..

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
I think it was NOT a case of "mens rea" and therefore, with that absent, not a felony.

That's all you can come up with corn. As usual. Nothing to contribute to the discussion and NO way to defend the traitors you support in the White House so you just spout your usual bullsh!t. Moron.

Time will tell. I see Rove and one other top administration gone and Novak tossed off the air by CNN and out of the papers by the Chicago-Sun and NY Post. What Novak did was unforgivable for a journalist. A lackey to the Bush administration printing classified information to help them discredit a person who told the truth about one of Bush's pre-invasion fantasies.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BOBDN
What Novak did was unforgivable for a journalist. A lackey to the Bush administration printing classified information to help them discredit a person who told the truth about one of Bush's pre-invasion fantasies.

/me checks latest copy of "DNC talking points bulletin"

Yup - dasm near word for word, and this is hot off the fax machine boys and girls. :p

CkG

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
???? Are you alright bob?

First of all Novack is good man no way would he do something like even if told for the "hot story". Very respected for many many years and tones of awards from his peers. Second how do you get DID NOT to DID leak? I assume typo?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
What Novak did was unforgivable for a journalist. A lackey to the Bush administration printing classified information to help them discredit a person who told the truth about one of Bush's pre-invasion fantasies.

Yup - dasm near word for word, and this is hot off the fax machine boys and girls. :p

CkG
It would suck for Novack if they were correct!

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

We've been through this before. You're checking the DNC talking points bulletin (if there is one) and I've never heard of it.

Unlike you and your clones here I don't need any party or organization to tell me what to think or how to express myself.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
That's all you can come up with corn.

What, you're not flattered by my impersonation of you?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But the only impersonation you could do justice to would be an impersonation of what I left in the toilet this morning.

Rove leaked the info. Period. Bush said the person responsible would go. Period.

Bye bye Rove. Who is the second senior official? And will the Chicago Sun-Times, NY Post and CNN keep Novak on and lose all integrity?

You people keep saying I hate Bush but you're wrong. I don't hate him. He's the best thing to happen to the Republican Party since Herbert Hoover.

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
BOBDN, this is ridiculous

You don't have any evidence, and I don't see how you can draw this conclusion based on a CNN interview.

I am fairly sure that there is a traitor in the White House, but I'm not going to start pointing fingers until more information is available. Making inflamatory and unsubstantiated statements will only result in locked threads.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: LunarRay

I hate to think the folks in DC are that stupid and I don't.. they know what they're about. They know that if Novak is forced to surrender a source he will ... these are risks they just won't take.. Even Segretti in '72 used more intelligent "rat f......" techniques.. to get the 'enemy'.

It was a slip of the tongue in frustration over drinks... (too many) and until more actual facts come out... there it is... May have been Rove but, not with the intent ascribed, I don't think..
Ready, fire, aim! But I won't buy in till there's proof. Occam's razor says nobody could be that stupid. It defies understanding.

LR I made the mistake once, of thinking Clinton was too intelligent to have sex with a 21 year old in the White House. It struck me as an act, the consequences of which, if exposed, would be so great as never to risk. I came to that conclusion already having not voted for him because of his sexual immorality. I've come to the conclusion that even brilliant people can totally lack discriminatory judgment. Rove could be this dumb because stupidity of this kind is proportional to ego.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I haven't a clue as to who the leaker is. But I know one thing. Novak is scum. I just saw him on Blitzer trying to defend what he did. Lying scum.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Ready, fire, aim! But I won't buy in till there's proof. Occam's razor says nobody could be that stupid. It defies understanding.

LR I made the mistake once, of thinking Clinton was too intelligent to have sex with a 21 year old in the White House. It struck me as an act, the consequences of which, if exposed, would be so great as never to risk. I came to that conclusion already having not voted for him because of his sexual immorality. I've come to the conclusion that even brilliant people can totally lack discriminatory judgment. Rove could be this dumb because stupidity of this kind is proportional to ego.

Yes... that makes sense.. but, folks like Rove learn to temper their actions long ago because they don't have the Arkansas State police covering their butts.. or worse.. :)
The cleaver never ever get caught. The cleaver never do the same thing twice... Rove would have done so.. Perhaps he ain't so cleaver and like Clinton is overwhelmed by his needs and beliefs... and maybe Rove did it and with mens rae... I don't know what to think but, when that happens I always fall back on the trusty.. Innocent until... theory..
The cop out based on the absence of intuitive feeling on the subject. But, I think I do.. so I risk the opine and accept I could be totaly wrong..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Yes... that makes sense.. but, folks like Rove learn to temper their actions long ago because they don't have the Arkansas State police covering their butts.. or worse.. :)
The cleaver never ever get caught. The cleaver never do the same thing twice... Rove would have done so.. Perhaps he ain't so cleaver and like Clinton is overwhelmed by his needs and beliefs... and maybe Rove did it and with mens rae... I don't know what to think but, when that happens I always fall back on the trusty.. Innocent until... theory..
The cop out based on the absence of intuitive feeling on the subject. But, I think I do.. so I risk the opine and accept I could be totaly wrong..
With an independent investigation, hopefully, we will know.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
I stick by my prediction. It's Rove.

When it comes out that Rove did it remember you heard it here first.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

That was a prediction? Hehe, I thought it was a certainty. :D

Aegion

Nov 13, 1999
It look like the pressure on the Bush adminstration regarding this matter is starting to increase

Nearly seven in 10 Americans believe a special prosecutor should be named to investigate allegations that Bush administration officials illegally leaked the name of a covert CIA operative to journalists, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll...

The results of The Post-ABC poll found a high degree of suspicion directed toward the administration over the allegations. Seventy-two percent thought it likely that someone in the White House leaked the operative's name. And, in what could be a politically significant finding, only 29 percent said the investigation should be handled by the Justice Department, while 69 percent favored a special counsel with autonomy from the administration...

In addition, 56 percent of Republicans found it likely that White House officials leaked the name, and Republicans, by 52 percent to 42 percent, favored a special counsel.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29560-2003Oct1.html

The Bush adminstration may be forced to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the case.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Rove has faced accusations before that he planted stories with Novak.

In 1992, Rove was fired as a consultant for the Bush-Quayle Texas campaign, after officials suspected that he was the source for a column by Novak and Roland Evans that portrayed the Texas presidential operation as in disarray. Rove was accused of making up the story because of a feud with the campaign's chairman, Rob Mosbacher Jr., whom the column reported, erroneously, was to be dumped.

At the time Rove denied he was the source, and he said the column was false. [/b]

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/page1/2128132

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

That was a prediction? Hehe, I thought it was a certainty. :D

You're right Moonie. But to the Bush loving idiots it's a prediction just so when it comes out it was Rove I get to say "I told you so" and "you heard it here first." :)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: dahunan
Rove has faced accusations before that he planted stories with Novak.

In 1992, Rove was fired as a consultant for the Bush-Quayle Texas campaign, after officials suspected that he was the source for a column by Novak and Roland Evans that portrayed the Texas presidential operation as in disarray. Rove was accused of making up the story because of a feud with the campaign's chairman, Rob Mosbacher Jr., whom the column reported, erroneously, was to be dumped.

At the time Rove denied he was the source, and he said the column was false. [/b]

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/page1/2128132

Sounds like Rove has a pattern of this type of behavior.

And to think this madman has the ear of that impressionable imbecile Bush. God help us all.

Sternfan

May 24, 2003
McLellan is on CNN right now being questioned about the felony two senior administration officials and Robert Novak committed. The graphic on the screen below him reads, "McLellan says Karl Rove did not leak classified information" or words to that effect. I'm paraphrasing from memory.

To me that's an admission Rove was one of the two who leaked the name.

Rove, his accomplice in the White House and Robert Novack all need to be fired immediately and tried for treason. Period.

Yoy are truely an IDIOT and you show it everyday. Please continue.....

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Sternfan
McLellan is on CNN right now being questioned about the felony two senior administration officials and Robert Novak committed. The graphic on the screen below him reads, "McLellan says Karl Rove did not leak classified information" or words to that effect. I'm paraphrasing from memory.

To me that's an admission Rove was one of the two who leaked the name.

Rove, his accomplice in the White House and Robert Novack all need to be fired immediately and tried for treason. Period.

Yoy are truely an IDIOT and you show it everyday. Please continue.....

Blah, blah, blah.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Sounds like Rove has a pattern of this type of behavior.

This is true, but it's still not evidence. I agree however, that Rove would seem a likely candidate. I'm rather surprised at the lack of conspiracy theories however. I was expecting a "Rove influenced a democrat to leak who tried to pin it on Rove so that Rove could bring out the evidence that the Democrat really did it to show that Democrats are really just picking on Rove so Rove really is who leaked" kinda conspiracy theory. Those seem to be in vogue among the faithful of both political sides of the aisle lately.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
You're as bad as those idiots

this is the age old strategy of democrats/liberals...never debate or argue the facts, just call your
opposition "stupid", or "idiot", or "moron"

pay attention and you will see this over and over again when anyone voices as opinion (or states facts) that
contradict the liberal point of view.

liberals called Reagan "stupid"
liberals call Bush "stupid"

they like to call Al Gore "smart", Clinton "genius" and Carter "Nuclear Scientist"
they've been at this game for years...

pay attention and you'll see this approach used over and over again to suppress any Republican/conservative comments..

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
this is the age old strategy of democrats/liberals...never debate or argue the facts, just call your...

rolleye.gif

This is the age old strategy of liberal and conservative extemists, nVidiots, fanATIcs, and Intel and AMD fanbois of all types, so spare me the partisan "[right wing/left wing] are always [something or the other].

You're right Moonie. But to the Bush loving idiots it's a prediction just so when it comes out it was Rove I get to say "I told you so" and "you heard it here first."

And if you are wrong you will have lost all credibility here.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
You're as bad as those idiots

this is the age old strategy of democrats/liberals...never debate or argue the facts, just call your
opposition "stupid", or "idiot", or "moron"

pay attention and you will see this over and over again when anyone voices as opinion (or states facts) that
contradict the liberal point of view.

liberals called Reagan "stupid"
liberals call Bush "stupid"

they like to call Al Gore "smart", Clinton "genius" and Carter "Nuclear Scientist"
they've been at this game for years...

pay attention and you'll see this approach used over and over again to suppress any Republican/conservative comments..
I thought everybody knew that conservatives are stupid and liberals are commie traitors.