It looks like Gov. Cuomo just got #metoo'ed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Ahhh that delicious whataboutism.

Proving that Demorats can't improve - instead they just point to someone else and say "ehhhh well we aren't THAT bad as this one guy from a different party"

Once again you prove you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Its not whataboutism, its pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

You know, kind of like how you didn't believe Kavanaughs accuser because there wasn't enough evidence but you some how don't bat an eye here.

How does it feel being a hypocritical piece of shit?

You thought there was substantial evidence with the Ford case?

God damn you do need your head examined.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Once again you prove you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Its not whataboutism, its pointing out the hypocrisy of it all.

You know, kind of like how you didn't believe Kavanaughs accuser because there wasn't enough evidence but you some how don't bat an eye here.

He doesn't care because he just got attention from you. The goal of the troll is to get attention. Stop feeding the troll.

Nov 8, 2012

Lol it's literally the definition of whataboutism.

It's deferring to another incident that you proclaim is "worse" and using that as a defense to say "See? This one isn't THAT bad!" It's hilariously moronic and mocked in any common sense debate with individuals that have an IQ over 40.

Reactions: ultimatebob

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I don’t care for Cuomo, but these allegations will inevitably be politically manipulated or exploited. Senator Gillibrand sure is quiet. The validity of the accusations shouldn’t be assessed by the desired political outcome.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Lol it's literally the definition of whataboutism.

It's deferring to another incident that you proclaim is "worse" and using that as a defense to say "See? This one isn't THAT bad!" It's hilariously moronic and mocked in any common sense debate with individuals that have an IQ over 40.

like when nazis deface a memorial to an innocent child who was a victim of the holocaust and you post graffiti by anarchists and say whataboutthis?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
She needs to file formal charges so that it can be properly handled in a court of law. She's extremely vague on the twitter. Did he grab her by the vagaga or talk about her tatas like JE and DJT? He is an asshole so it could be true, at least that's what I heard.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
She needs to file formal charges so that it can be properly handled in a court of law. She's extremely vague on the twitter. Did he grab her by the vagaga or talk about her tatas like JE and DJT? He is an asshole so it could be true, at least that's what I heard.

No allegations of grabbing, just talk. Cuomo seems to be at the Clarence Thomas level of sexual harassment—so prior to #metoo it meant nothing will happen to him. Maybe now he’ll have to come clean and apologize and deal with a primary challenge next election.

Also, it’s quite laughable that OP thinks we’re all stanning Cuomo hard. Prior to Covid, he was probably the most despised Democrat here—at least amongst the New Yorkers on this forum.

When you compare the Covid responses of a) Donald Trump vs. b) Any Other Functioning Adult in Power, B always looks better. Doesn’t matter if it’s Larry Hogan or Cuomo or Boris Johnson or the junta in Thailand—they’ve all done better than Trump.

Nov 8, 2012

Nah, it's all about vague stuff 20-30 years later after you're being appointed to a position of power as a means of retribution.

You know what I mean?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I haven't had much to say about Cuomo except his response to COVID far exceed Trump. I know there were mistakes made at nursing homes but overall his performance was pretty good.

I have zero knowledge of his history with women. I want to hear details before I make a judgement. AC AFAIK does not have a negative history with woman so as of now I withhold judgement.

So far this is all she is saying with isn't much of anything.
A former aide to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Sunday accused him of sexual harassment, asserting that the governor would often discuss her physical appearance

My opinion is based on known facts not some preconceived auto responses which go against my principles.

I have standards.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't know about that. He seemed to have a lot of fans here back in April when he was complaining about Trump's Covid-19 response.

Personally, I always thought that he was an arrogant asshole. Apparently he's also a sexist asshole as well.
If he is an arrogant asshole what does that make Trump?

Also, let me guess. Obama was corrupt?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I live near NYC and most people around here and in nyc that I know or on forums around here don't really like him but appreciated his more thorough response to covid when Trump was holding these rambling so called press conferences
Spot on. In the April-May-June era, when Covid was new, noone knew the extent to which it would be a real threat or not, doctors were (necessarily) pretty much trying things out as they go Cuomo's press conferences were necessary to preserve one's sanity when the other main information sessions were Trump's daily brag/worship sessions.

As far as being an arrogant asshole, well he is a New Yorker, isn't he?

Reactions: Pohemi

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I will take any accusation seriously, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is more a reaction to Cuomo's increasing reknown for doing something republicans aren't - taking the pandemic seriously. The republicans of NY jump at anything to make the guy look bad (which he often does himself), and he is Trump's nemesis of sorts after all.

We'll see.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
He hurt her feelings with his comments on her looks?
Was that ... say, thats some nice fucking titties you got there honey...
Or was it .. thats a nice dress, like your hair etc.
Context matters but alas :

"To be clear: I have no interest in talking to journalists."

So a hit and run.
I guess we will see how many else steps forward, that seems to be the measurable metric in these cases.

--- In a word where it is easier to get punishment for an alleged comment than it is for actual rape with semen found on the crime scene.
I have to agree here. When I was the General Manager of a company I worked for many years ago, I was accused of sexual harassment. Why? Because I told one of the employees who just got her hair done "You hair looks really nice". Obviously it didn't go anywhere, but it happens all the time.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Lets wait for the Mueller Report!
Nah, Cuomo did what Trump wish he could, shut it down when it gets too close to home.

A year ago, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced with much fanfare that he was forming an investigatory panel, known as the Moreland Commission, to address reports of rampant corruption in Albany. Cuomo declared that the commission would be “totally independent,” and could even investigate his administration. “Anything they want to look at, they can look at — me, the lieutenant governor, the attorney general, the comptroller, any senator, any assemblyman,” he said. The reality was very different. Cuomo abruptly shut down the commission in March, prompting Manhattan’s U.S. attorney to take up its unfinished investigations into criminal activity in the state legislature, as well as accusations that Cuomo meddled with the commission’s probe. Now the New York Times is giving prosecutors a hand. During a three-month investigation, the paper found extensive evidence of how Cuomo’s office successfully objected anytime the commission focused on the governor or his associates.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
My post wasn't whataboutism.

My post was pointing out the standards that society has chosen to accept when it comes to accusations against public figures. Cuomo, as a public figure against whom allegations have been levied, needs to be held to the same standards as others within this society. If any of those things I mentioned apply to him then we must immediately abandon any further consideration of the allegations and lift Cuomo to a position for which he is wholly unqualified as recompense. Anything less is hypocritical.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't know about that. He seemed to have a lot of fans here back in April when he was complaining about Trump's Covid-19 response.

Personally, I always thought that he was an arrogant asshole. Apparently he's also a sexist asshole as well.
Yeah I would love to know who you think those fans are.

Also, everyone was complaining about Trump’s COVID response as it was an absolute catastrophe. It would have been insane for him not to complain.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
My post wasn't whataboutism.

My post was pointing out the standards that society has chosen to accept when it comes to accusations against public figures. Cuomo, as a public figure against whom allegations have been levied, needs to be held to the same standards as others within this society. If any of those things I mentioned apply to him then we must immediately abandon any further consideration of the allegations and lift Cuomo to a position for which he is wholly unqualified as recompense. Anything less is hypocritical.
Man are you going to be disappointed when conservatives reveal they don’t care about being hypocrites.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi