It looks like Gov. Cuomo just got #metoo'ed

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I haven't seen any comments here on this news story yet:

I know that Cuomo has a lot of fans in this forum, so I'm curious how they think this should be handled.

I honestly don't know much about him but I have never got the sense that he is adored by many on these forums.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I honestly don't know much about him but I have never got the sense that he is adored by many on these forums.

I don't know about that. He seemed to have a lot of fans here back in April when he was complaining about Trump's Covid-19 response.

Personally, I always thought that he was an arrogant asshole. Apparently he's also a sexist asshole as well.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He hurt her feelings with his comments on her looks?
Was that ... say, thats some nice fucking titties you got there honey...
Or was it .. thats a nice dress, like your hair etc.
Context matters but alas :

"To be clear: I have no interest in talking to journalists."

So a hit and run.
I guess we will see how many else steps forward, that seems to be the measurable metric in these cases.

--- In a word where it is easier to get punishment for an alleged comment than it is for actual rape with semen found on the crime scene.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I don't know about that. He seemed to have a lot of fans here back in April when he was complaining about Trump's Covid-19 response.

Personally, I always thought that he was an arrogant asshole. Apparently he's also a sexist asshole as well.

my impression is he is not particularly liked, but his popularity went up with how he handled coronavirus.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I know that Cuomo has a lot of fans in this forum, so I'm curious how they think this should be handled.
Made-up nonsense.

OK clown, let's see some quotes or links to these posts that you are falsely claiming were so common here by all the "fans". STFU dumbass.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Made-up nonsense.

OK clown, let's see some quotes or links to these posts that you are falsely claiming were so common here by all the "fans". STFU dumbass.

This thread seems to have a lot of Cuomo fanboyism in it:

"Cuomo for VP" was one of my favorite comments :)

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I don't think him looking at her and saying "now let's get something straight between us" is sexual harassment ;)

He is generally an ass, and people I know that live in NYC don't really like him, but he was generally accepted to be a voice of reason when NYC was getting hammered with covid. His chats made Trump's ramblings sound childish.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I live near NYC and most people around here and in nyc that I know or on forums around here don't really like him but appreciated his more thorough response to covid when Trump was holding these rambling so called press conferences

Nov 8, 2012
Like with any accusation I await facts which will facilitate discernment. If history is our guide in such matters Democrats typically resign while Republicans raid the public coffers for hush money. :eek:

So... resigning makes the act itself less reprehensible?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This thread seems to have a lot of Cuomo fanboyism in it:
Yeah...there was amusement over the spat between the two of them going back and forth for a few weeks, but c'mon man...pretty big stretch to say anyone who commented, cheering him on, did so because they love Cuomo and not because they fucking hate Trump. That's dishonest.

Reactions: cytg111

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Nuance is difficult for you. People were praising his response to covid. In fact several members specifically said he had done numerous shitty things but he was doing the right thing with his covid response.

Also for the record if the claims are credible and can be substantiated then he should be held accountable as should anyone.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
From the sounds of it, Lindsey Boylan is going to be the first of many to come forward. The Cuomo family is one of the few that practically runs New York politics, though, so it's going to take some guts to do so.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
From the sounds of it, Lindsey Boylan is going to be the first of many to come forward. The Cuomo family is one of the few that practically runs New York politics, though, so it's going to take some guts to do so.
Good. Fuck Cuomo and fuck Biden for ever considering giving him any part in the federal government. If I wanted corrupt assholes running the show I would have voted for Trump.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
From the sounds of it, Lindsey Boylan is going to be the first of many to come forward.
You know this based on...what now? Fucking liar.

One woman with an accusation. "THERE'LL BE TONS MOAR U JUST WAIT" :rolleyes:

fwiw...I could not care less about Cuomo or his career or NY state. I do care about you fucking idiots constantly lying and making shit up, though. Fuck off, Bob.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

uh, nooo. lol, how poorly you read that room, sir. :D

Reactions: iRONic

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
*Confirmed*

7d83f05f25ac90025c1af375ba8f5cee1e-donald-trump-brett-kavanaugh.rsquare.w1200.jpg