It is possible that Democrats will gain, not lose in November. Here's why/how.

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
For those who believe all signs are bad for Democrats, I suggest watching this video which analyses early voting data...

I'm not going to bet on Dems keeping a majority in the House, but there are sound statistics to support Dem strength in red states which favors keeping the Senate.
A left leaning super PAC (Meidas Touch) talking to a left leaning think tank (https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/new-democrat-network-ndn/) doesn't give me much confidence.

Reactions: gothuevos

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
About as bad as using polling data. Are there states releasing actual vote counts?
No, polling data is generally pretty good. Using incomplete vote counts and trying to read the tea leaves is highly likely to lead you astray.

I hope the polls are wrong and the democrats win as much as the next guy but there’s no way to determine if that’s a possibility using the early vote.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
CNN seems to have gone more right wing since february too. Now its like Fox News Lite.

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I STILL hold hope that the threats to abortion choice will make the difference. I still think that women are really pissed and, so are many men. When we hear that voting is way up considering this is only a midterm, and we also hear republicans are more energized than democrats, I wonder if that energy and motivation with republicans might be republican women turning out to vote down these republican pro-lifers with no exceptions who are running for office???

Wouldn't it be amazing if republican women and even men are speaking their mind at the ballot box on how they feel about government controlling a woman's body? Remember, Barbara Bush was a pro-choicer and I have a feeling there are a lot of Barbara Bush's in the republican party.
I could be wrong, but if it ends up a democrat blowout come Tuesday, I won't be surprised. Wouldn't THAT be one of those things that go down in history as a total unexpected?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I STILL hold hope that the threats to abortion choice will make the difference. I still think that women are really pissed and, so are many men. When we hear that voting is way up considering this is only a midterm, and we also hear republicans are more energized than democrats, I wonder if that energy and motivation with republicans might be republican women turning out to vote down these republican pro-lifers with no exceptions who are running for office???

Wouldn't it be amazing if republican women and even men are speaking their mind at the ballot box on how they feel about government controlling a woman's body? Remember, Barbara Bush was a pro-choicer and I have a feeling there are a lot of Barbara Bush's in the republican party.
I could be wrong, but if it ends up a democrat blowout come Tuesday, I won't be surprised. Wouldn't THAT be one of those things that go down in history as a total unexpected?
i'm not so certain. i think there are going to have to be lots of horror stories of dead women and babies being stillborn before there are a enough votes to change.

and at the same time, dems need to tie all that 100% to republican policies. if they don't, Roe might get reinstated by law - again - but it's not going to get codified in law by a dem majority legislature. the national level will remain a stalemate at best.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
CNN seems to have gone more right wing since february too. Now its like Fox News Lite.

They follow the money.
To predict doom and gloom for democrats is good for ratings thus equals money. Plus, when these republican MEGA loons get in office AND when Donald Trump then announces, that will be a huge ratings draw for all news media. If there were money and ratings in Adolf Hitler, CNN would hire Kanye West as a new anchor tomorrow.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
i'm not so certain. i think there are going to have to be lots of horror stories of dead women and babies being stillborn before there are a enough votes to change.

There's an old scapegoat for that. Women. Blame the victims and all is right with the world.

Reactions: gothuevos

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Always good to remind people that Republicans actually are shit people, not just words!
Yeah when right leaning people complain, hey don’t lump us with the MAGAtards!!! If you’re not doing what Liz Cheney is doing and attempting to actually purge the scum, you’re just as repugnant by sitting idly by letting your party turn into a swamp. Same goes with independent voters being selfish over their pocketbooks than democracy

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Ron also forgot to mention they will also control most state legislatures and governor's mansions. Most Sec of States too?

How did our leaders allow themselves to get so badly outplayed? We saw this GOP strategy of "from the ground up" start in the 90s, and Dems did....what exactly? Yes, gerrymandering, etc etc all play a huge role.

But our leaders have let us down.

Reactions: soundforbjt