Israel conducts military exercise directed at Iran

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
This is going to be fun :)

Can Israel give us a heads-up before they launch, so I can go fill up my tank? $4.25/gallon almost sounds like a bargain now.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I sure hope you kids are ready to participate in The Draft.

I pray every day that we all avoid war with Iran. But, if Israel hits them, that entire part of the world is going to explode like a supernova, and we're going to get sucked into like a blackhole.

WWIII FTL.

I'm serious. This isn't a fucking joke at all. Those of you treating it as such are in for a very rude awakening...

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse

I pray every day that we all avoid war with Iran. But, if Israel hits them, that entire part of the world is going to explode like a supernova, and we're going to get sucked into like a blackhole.

WWIII FTL.

I'm serious. This isn't a fucking joke at all. Those of you treating it as such are in for a very rude awakening...

What does China or Russia have to gain from going to War with the US if Israel doesn't attack there oil infrastructure? Is it really in those leaders best interest to be put a a "to kill list" to protect a trash talking PR nightmare like Iran has become? I think your overestimating the relationship between Iran and Russia/China.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003

WWIII FTL.

Ah....no one cares. Just keep those freedom fries coming. I have a feeling though that Iran ( if they are smart ) have stuff buried so deep within it's mountain ranges that no bombs of any type could reach it. Israel will get the stuff that is out in the open but the real goods will be safely stored away underneath tons of mountain rock. At the most they probably have to dig out the entrances to their secret stashes.

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
Ah....no one cares. Just keep those freedom fries coming. I have a feeling though that Iran ( if they are smart ) have stuff buried so deep within it's mountain ranges that no bombs of any type could reach it. Israel will get the stuff that is out in the open but the real goods will be safely stored away underneath tons of mountain rock. At the most they probably have to dig out the entrances to their secret stashes.

Israel got a large cache of bunker busters from us about 2 years ago and they always have the nuclear option (and if they really think their existance is threatened, I have no doubt that would use it).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Palehorse is right. Attacking the Iranians or allowing the Israelis to do so would invoke incalculable consequences.

Only the most arrogant fools would even think about going there, which is the problem in a nutshell...

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Get out of Iraq
Send the U.S Navy out of the Persian Gulf

Launch F-22s at Iran all day.

Iran does anything let the Arabs fight them.

Only problem is can our economy handle $10/gallon oil? European nations can so why can't we?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Aimster
Get out of Iraq

Only problem is can our economy handle $10/gallon oil? European nations can so why can't we?

There's plenty of folks here advocating for gas that expensive or more, and praying we would "break our dependence on Arab oil." Well, this would grant them their wish in grand fashion.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Get out of Iraq

What the hell kind of a pointless call for violence was your F-22 post?

If it proves anything, it's that having too many weapons sitting around and an armchair public voting for what's done with them it's a formula for disaster.

What else can be said about posts like that.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Sabre rattling. We're not going to do squat. But if we and/or Israel did decide to attack Iran, I think at that point you just turn the place into a parking lot and take the damn oil.

Ergo... $4/gal --> $7/gal --> $1.50/gal :D :thumbsup:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: brencat
Sabre rattling. We're not going to do squat. But if we and/or Israel did decide to attack Iran, I think at that point you just turn the place into a parking lot and take the damn oil.

The morals of Hitler, the sanity of Mao, and the humanity of Stalin. Just nuke em.

Our country has gotten a very ugly, sick group of people in its modern power.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Craig234

The morals of Hitler, the sanity of Mao, and the humanity of Stalin. Just nuke em.

My point being...it would be incredibly stupid to attack Iran. So stupid in fact that if you really really insist on going thru with it...make sure they don't live to respond. Of course I would NEVER advocate the use of nukes anywhere ever again unless one goes off on us first.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Well rather than spending billions on Iraq every month use those billions to buy oil and stock up.

Why the hell can't we do that? I am sure we have the capacity to hold all that oil too.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

WWIII FTL.

please explain, in detail.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

My point being...it would be incredibly stupid to attack Iran. So stupid in fact that if you really really insist on going thru with it...make sure they don't live to respond. Of course I would NEVER advocate the use of nukes anywhere ever again unless one goes off on us first.

My comments are retracted in reference to this last post. But I see no reason to unzip and wave the nuke language around gratuitously. It came off like a rant.

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
call me an optimist, but, Israel isn't going to do anything, and neither are we.

And if the US or Israel DID do something, I don't think it would be the doomsday scenario that some play it out to be.

We wouldn't send troops into Iran. Not many anyway. Worst case, we'd do a shock and awe on them and bomb them back to the year 1200.

And yes, gas would be $10/gallon.

And yes, that would be a stupid move.

But WWIII isn't going to break out if Israel bombs Iran, Iran then attacks Israel (or most likely EVERYTHING it can), and then we drop about 20k bombs on Iran. Russia and China won't do much, and neither will the US beyond the above mentioned bombing.

That all being said tomorrow might be a good day to finally gas up my truck.

:D

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Zebo

WWIII FTL.

please explain, in detail.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To a certain extent, give Zebo a clueless poster award, this very question has been discussed
and rehashed in more threads than I can name.

But since the question is directed at palehorse, I will leave it up to palehorse to answer.

But if Zebo asks for my answer, I will also respond even though its already covered in detail

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Imagine if the story were reversed about Iran launching military exercises as 'trial runs' at Israel.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Imagine if the story were reversed about Iran launching military exercises as 'trial runs' at Israel.

Wouldn't matter, Israel would still be blamed if they did anything but wait till they were attacked to strike back.