Israel army chief: Other nations could strike Iran

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Why do you guys take this guy seriously? He's an all pro-Israel propaganda troll.

So let me guess anybody who is anti-Israel is not a troll....hmm

Please disprove what I am saying.......pretty please.......
I mean honestly you think Israel has not already considered that plusd other option and ways to get around this issue???

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With friends like Israel we don't need enemies.

As a US blank check we write to Israel is going to become ever more expensive to US international relations. As the behavior of the Israeli government becomes ever more repugnant.

Repugnant to you.
Just think; if the Palestinians and Arabs had not been so repugnant 65 years ago; we would not be in this mess.

Or is the proper term GREEDY?

I would not worry about US international relations; as long as other countries are worried about their neighbors; they love to see the US around.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Repugnant to you.
Just think; if the Palestinians and Arabs had not been so repugnant 65 years ago; we would not be in this mess.

Or is the proper term GREEDY?

I would not worry about US international relations; as long as other countries are worried about their neighbors; they love to see the US around.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may agree that Arab armies were wrong to attack Israel in 1948, but to blame the powerless and unarmed Palestinians for the sins of the Arabs, is the shame and the greed that Israel will forever face. If Israel had not disfranchised and robbed its Palestinians 64 years ago, we would not be in this mess now. But Ek, payback a bitch, we are not only still talking sending illegal Israelis settlers back to 1967 borders, we still are talking the Palestinian right to return that may lose 1951 Israel 1/2 half or more of its ill gotten gains.

And in case you have not noticed EK, there is growing evidence that the Netanyuhu coalition is about to fall. Which would trigger new Israeli elections, and dare we hope, a new and more rational Israeli PM willing to settle long standings Israeli Palestinian problems.
As Netanyuhu, Lieberman, and crazed settlers parties get kicked to the curb.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Let's be realistic, you'd love to see Israel attack Iran just as much as I'd like to see Iran wipe Israel off of the map.

No where has this pro-Israel person called for an attack on Iran....please show me where I have.....

You rabid anti-Israel people are just like the Palestinians -- it`s all or nothing...so sad

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may agree that Arab armies were wrong to attack Israel in 1948, but to blame the powerless and unarmed Palestinians for the sins of the Arabs, is the shame and the greed that Israel will forever face.

Palestinians ARE Arabs...

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Iran would not attack Israel, they know the consequences would be severe

I agree. Iran, just like all other nations (with the possible exception of North Korea) who have/want nuclear weapons, wants them to instantly become invasion proof.

With the exception of the US (and Nazi Germany), of course. These two nations wanted nuclear weapons to win the most deadly war ever fought on the planet.

But since then, it was to become invasion proof. Only when you have a single supreme dictator does it become an unknown. Single, absolute rulers can do unpredictable things. When you have a body of people ruling, you can count on several of them not wanting to do something stupid.

In the case of Iran, the Iranian President has no power over the military at all.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I may agree that Arab armies were wrong to attack Israel in 1948, but to blame the powerless and unarmed Palestinians for the sins of the Arabs, is the shame and the greed that Israel will forever face. If Israel had not disfranchised and robbed its Palestinians 64 years ago, we would not be in this mess now. But Ek, payback a bitch, we are not only still talking sending illegal Israelis settlers back to 1967 borders, we still are talking the Palestinian right to return that may lose 1951 Israel 1/2 half or more of its ill gotten gains.

And in case you have not noticed EK, there is growing evidence that the Netanyuhu coalition is about to fall. Which would trigger new Israeli elections, and dare we hope, a new and more rational Israeli PM willing to settle long standings Israeli Palestinian problems.
As Netanyuhu, Lieberman, and crazed settlers parties get kicked to the curb.

Your Palestinians provided about 30-40% of the manpower of the Arab armies in '48. They knew what they wanted and tried to get it all.

Now they still are trying to get rewarded for bad decisions and you feel that they should.

They refuse to listen to those that control their destiny to get something. At this rate, they are getting nothing.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Child: Give me all the cookie.s
Parent: You may have one cookie, but not until you eat your supper (which is a universally accepted rule of behavior).
Child tries to take all the cookies, parent stops child, sends child to the corner for bad behavior.
Parent: Once you decide to act nice, you can return to the table, eat dinner, then you can have a cookie.
Child: No, I demand all cookies now. It is all your fault I am in this corner, you are evil.
Parent: Then just stay there.
Child tells neighbors about the evil parents, wants parents forced to give the child all the cookies. Meanwhile, the parent (who has all the power), keeps the child in the corner until the child acts nice.

Once the Palestinians stop acting like the child, the Israelis will keep them in the corner. Had the Palestinians not demanded to have it all, they would not be in the position they are in now.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Let's be realistic, you'd love to see Israel attack Iran just as much as I'd like to see Iran wipe Israel off of the map.

I can at least begin to understand Jedi
Some kid like you scheinderguy, who wouldn't mind millions of people dead because he's bored or thinks he's losing some money he never earned though, is almost the lowest of low

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Some kid who wouldn't mind millions of people dead because he's bored or thinks he's losing some money he never earned though, is almost the lowest of low

You refuse to even acknowledge those of us who say we do not want any sort of attack on Iran......we would hope and desire that cooler heads would prevail and that something could be worked out.

But with that said.......you would rather have a nuclear Iran?
Israel has never used what nuclear weapons they have -- ever!

But you have to admit it has worked well as a deterrent.

Yet who is to say that Iran will not use the weapons once Iran has them?

Lets wait and see and hope and pray that things work themselves out so that there are no deaths on either side!!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Some kid like you scheinderguy, who wouldn't mind millions of people dead because he's bored or thinks he's losing some money he never earned though, is almost the lowest of low

My thought is before anything like his scenario occurs supporters must be parachuted into the nation to be slaughtered, they must parachute in alone with only a knife and a small vid camera. They must sneak in to a populated area, kill and eat a child under 10 in front it's family while recording. If more than half of those who leave return successfully, they get to push the button. Why? Because they need to live the horror.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
My thought is before anything like his scenario occurs supporters must be parachuted into the nation to be slaughtered, they must parachute in alone with only a knife and a small vid camera. They must sneak in to a populated area, kill and eat a child under 10 in front it's family while recording. If more than half of those who leave return successfully, they get to push the button. Why? Because they need to live the horror.

Heh
One trip to any Vet hospital would have these tough kids pissing their pants and crying for mama

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

You misunderstand me, all I want is for there to be peace.

The only way for there to be peace in the region is for one side to leave or be exterminated.

There's more Arabs than Jews and they've been there longer, so Israel should cease to exist.

If we get it over with now the death toll will be lower than it would be in say, 50 years when both sides have their populations double/triple.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Actually, if you go through history and add up all the years, the two groups who controlled the Israel region the longest are the Egyptians and the Israelites (now called the Jews). The top two are higher than the third longest by several centuries.

The Egyptians gave up their right to the land, so the Jews win.

The Arabs controlled the land only a few hundred years, so by your own statement you want Israel to exist and Palestine to never exist...as well as Jordan to not exist (since that is inside the ancient Israel borders).

Thanks for your insight, even though it goes completely against your original position.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Actually, if you go through history and add up all the years, the two groups who controlled the Israel region the longest are the Egyptians and the Israelites (now called the Jews). The top two are higher than the third longest by several centuries.

The Arabs controlled the land only a few hundred years, so by your own statement you want Israel to exist and Palestine to never exist...as well as Jordan to not exist (since that is inside the ancient Israel borders).

Thanks for your insight, even though it goes completely against your original position.

Completely against my original position? "I think Israel shouldn't exist" isn't the same as "I think Israel shouldn't exist"? :hmm:

hotwomanisnotamused.gif

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Educate yourself-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine

Historically speaking, Jewish control over Palestine has been intermittent & brief since the bronze age.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Completely against my original position? "I think Israel shouldn't exist" isn't the same as "I think Israel shouldn't exist"? :hmm:

Your argument is "Israel has been there less so it should not exist". Israel has been there MUCH MUCH MUCH longer than the Arab nations. So using your own argument, the arab nations should not exist in the area of Israel.

This is against your own position that Israel should not exist...which is what I said. I know, I know, logic is not your forte, but it is not hard to follow along.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Educate yourself-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine

Historically speaking, Jewish control over Palestine has been intermittent & brief since the bronze age.

Add up the years. When the people who controlled the land paid tribute to the another people, the years belong to those other people. You then remove the peoples who no longer exist (such as the Babylonians and the Canaanites, those people no longer exist), and you get the Egyptians and the Israelites (now called Jews) as the two longest groups.

Add them up, you will find I am right.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Those Israelites have been extinct for a long time. What we have in modern Israel are European squatters. Not that the current Palestinians have any more claim to that useless desert. What kind of retards would want to lay claim to desert anyway? I'd have picked something more tropical.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Add up the years. When the people who controlled the land paid tribute to the another people, the years belong to those other people. You then remove the peoples who no longer exist (such as the Babylonians and the Canaanites, those people no longer exist), and you get the Egyptians and the Israelites (now called Jews) as the two longest groups.

Add them up, you will find I am right.
Don't be an idiot cybesage, the Jews were not the first people to occupy Israeli, so by your logic Jews have no claim to Israel and we should kick them all out, and give the land back to its original inhabitants. As for the entire EU, it was originally conquered by the Roman empire, so by cybrsage logic we must return all European states like England, Germany, France, and even Israel back to the rule of the city State of Rome?

All hail to the infallible triple standard logic of cbrsare