Islam's 20-year plan for U.S.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: International Machine Consortium
Clearly you guys are not looking at all of the data. I mean, all of it. I'm not referring strictly to Europe either. You're thinking small. Think big, guys. For instance, let's start with the Friday sermons delivered by imams World wide. Compile all of those, take a mean and then get back to me. Perhaps then we can move on to even just the well publicized reactions to any perceived or real criticisms of Islam. If you don't see a trend, you must live in a parallel universe. ;)

Edit: clarity? :p

I don't really see how I should feel compelled to compile anything. You're the one making the claim, I'm simply saying I see a lack of facts to back it up. Seems like you should be showing us the data, not the other way around.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
If you want to watch Islam assimilate an entire continent, just watch Europe fall this century. No need for silly talking points, you can witness the real thing in action.

because muslims make up a whooping 4% or europe's population, i think france and the netherlands are like 6% or so. Atheists/etc on the other hand are over 20% of the population.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Martin
Oh my, I'm sorry, but this just goes on to show you how much they managed to brainwash me before I escaped their clutches. Instead of using the proper secular Turkish word for the dish - Donair Kebab - I repatedly used the middle-eastern name for it. Not only that, but I also referred to the Nargila as a "Sheesha"!

I have ways to go before fully decontaminating myself....

Wait how can you have a secular word for a shawarma? That isn't even a religous word ;) That is like asking for a "secular" word for...Vodka lol.

But I was absolutely lost until I read that a Donair Kabob was a Shawarma (which is also really similar to a falafel or a gyro for that matter...just subtle differences)

edit:

nargila is also a more formal word in arabic for sheesha ;)

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: 1prophet
I don't see what the problem is, I for one welcome our new Radical Islamic Overlords.

Think about it, in one fell swoop they will accomplish what the Jerry Falwells, Pat Robertsons, Westboro Baptist Church couldn't do in their wildest dreams. :D

• ...and as a side benefit men can claim the provacative defense if any woman tries to pull that rape nonsense like that case with Kobe Bryant or the Duke Lacrosse players.

• Not islamic - that is culture which has preceeded islam long before it was there
    Any Woman accusing a man of rape better have four male witness or she will be in danger of being branded an adulteress and penalized according to the Law, preferably Sharia.
    not islamic law either

Child custody and divorce will again finally benefit the man, no more of this half nonsense or the woman living off the ex husbands paycheck whether alimony or child support while shacking up with her latest boyfriend.
    i'm not sure as to exactly how a divorce settlement is carried out - but our system IS intended to screw over the man ;)

slash196

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2004
All I can say is they're going to have a hell of a time with the atheists. We're battle-hardened against the Christian right.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: slash196
All I can say is they're going to have a hell of a time with the atheists. We're battle-hardened against the Christian right.

In 50 years or so hopefully more people will have given up on fairy tales with more scientific breakthroughs, but then we could just limp along with endless religious/greed based war after war too.

I always though by 2007 the world would have given up the past and we would be colonizing mars or something when I was younger, oh well.

Bad parenting teaching these old myths that divide people ftl.

Enig101

May 21, 2006
Originally posted by: Steeplerot

In 50 years or so hopefully more people will have given up on fairy tales with more scientific breakthroughs, but then we could just limp along with endless religious/greed based war after war too.

I always though by 2007 the world would have given up the past and we would be colonizing mars or something when I was younger, oh well.

In 50 years the world will be a very different place, but I think it will take longer than that for humanity to abandon religion. It is basically a psychological obstacle we must overcome.

Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Clearly you guys are not looking at all of the data. I mean, all of it. I'm not referring strictly to Europe either. You're thinking small. Think big, guys. For instance, let's start with the Friday sermons delivered by imams World wide. Compile all of those, take a mean and then get back to me. Perhaps then we can move on to even just the well publicized reactions to any perceived or real criticisms of Islam. If you don't see a trend, you must live in a parallel universe. ;)

I don't really see how I should feel compelled to compile anything. You're the one making the claim, I'm simply saying I see a lack of facts to back it up. Seems like you should be showing us the data, not the other way around.

You're the one making the claim. You haven't provided any supporting evidence. *shrug
We can do this all day, see? We're big Internet intellectuals! :p

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
The 2nd saddest part of an article like that is that it will be copied and pasted into emails that will be forwarded endlessly and become truth for many of the weak and lazy minded.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

You're the one making the claim. You haven't provided any supporting evidence. *shrug

Fair enough ;)

On the other hand, I'd like to think that even outside of a courtroom we support "innocent until proven guilty".

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

What possible "scientific breakthroughs" would cause the religious to reconsider their beliefs?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

What possible "scientific breakthroughs" would cause the religious to reconsider their beliefs?

Stopping aging would be one. What is the point in believing in a god if people have the option of being clinically immortal, I am sure some wingnuts would rather die to be with their fairys, but in that case it is only a matter of time before the human race stops living their lives and causing so much harm to one another based off of bronze aged mythology.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Stopping aging would be one. What is the point in believing in a god if people have the option of being clinically immortal, I am sure some wingnuts would rather die to be with their fairys, but in that case it is only a matter of time before the human race stops living their lives and causing so much harm to one another based off of bronze aged mythology.

I don't see how stopping the aging process would contradict with peoples' religious beliefs.

Also, most wars are fought over power/wealth/resources. Not religion.

Your intolerance of other people's beliefs is not unlike the intolerance you perceive of those religious.

If you trully believe that society will one day be an atheist one, then your beliefs are as far off as those who believe in a second-coming of Christ. Neither of you have any scientific nor credible evidence to support said belief, and logic would say that neither would ever happen.

Aug 1, 2006

Fair enough ;)

On the other hand, I'd like to think that even outside of a courtroom we support "innocent until proven guilty".

That would depend on which point of view you consider to be "innocent" and which "guilty".

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

I don't see how stopping the aging process would contradict with peoples' religious beliefs.

Once death is conquered gods are obsolete, fear is the last thing religion has left.

War and religions go hand in hand, easiest way to justify a reason to kill a man is to dehumanize them, easiest way to rally people to kill is religion, religion has always been the big recruiter and motivator for the needless tragedy of wars.

edit: Nationalism is a big motivator also, but nationalism goes hand in hand with religion too, god bless america used here gott mit uns used by nazis etc etc. same difference to march others off to die while so clergy/politicians can advance their agenda/wealth accumulation at the expense of others lives.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Once death is conquered gods are obsolete, fear is the last thing religion has left.

Uhh, stopping the aging process in no way stops death. That's just ignorant.

War and religions go hand in hand, easiest way to justify a reason to kill a man is to dehumanize them, easiest way to rally people to kill is religion, religion has always been the big recruiter and motivator for the needless tragedy of wars.

edit: Nationalism is a big motivator also, but nationalism goes hand in hand with religion too, god bless america used here gott mit uns used by nazis etc etc. same difference to march others off to die while so clergy/politicians can advance their agenda/wealth accumulation at the expense of others lives.

While, there is no doubt that evil is often done in the name of good, do you honestly think that a totally atheist world would be war-free? :laugh:

Even to believe that a religion-free world would decrease the amount of war is pure speculation.

And then even there, we get back to what I said (which you ignored)...

"If you trully believe that society will one day be an atheist one, then your beliefs are as far off as those who believe in a second-coming of Christ. Neither of you have any scientific nor credible evidence to support said belief, and logic would say that neither would ever happen."

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

"If you trully believe that society will one day be an atheist one, then your beliefs are as far off as those who believe in a second-coming of Christ. Neither of you have any scientific nor credible evidence to support said belief, and logic would say that neither would ever happen."

:laugh: christianity is dying in the west, the only real practicing holdouts left are the dead-enders here in this country.

And this is getting pretty sci-fi: but if you died and you were brought back in a few days from being fully dead that would pretty much be the end of the fairy tale of a afterlife, like I said, once science conquers death the gods will finally have the last nail driven into their caskets.

And yes, I would expect a atheist world to be far less warlike if people were aware that this is the only chance at life they have and there is no heaven or virgins or whatever waiting for them as a reward/motivation to kill others. Not saying it would be 100% peaceful but it kills off one of the big irrational motivators to kill/be killed that has always been used throughout history.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

:laugh: christianity is dying in the west, the only real practicing holdouts left are the dead-enders here in this country.

So, you trully believe that one day the world with be a completely atheist one?

And this is getting pretty sci-fi: but if you died and you were brought back in a few days from being fully dead that would pretty much be the end of the fairy tale of a afterlife, like I said, once science conquers death the gods will finally have the last nail driven into their caskets.

Well, I'm not surprised you back-peddled away from the whole "stopping the aging process means death is conquered" drivel, but I find it funny you picked a prophesy from the Book of Revelations, i.e., the bringing back of the dead, as proof science will eventually help put an end to religious beliefs. :laugh:

But in all seriousness, how different are your beliefs from those who are religious? You have absolutley zero evidence that "death will be conquered by science." Are you willing to bring back to life those who physically suffer from incurable disease? Bring back to life those who have been aborted? Bring back to life those who have murdered? Bring back to life those who are religious? ;)

Conquer death? :laugh:

You haven't thoroughly thought that through, have you? Meh, you can always go back to edit your post. ;)

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Well, I'm not surprised you back-peddled away from the whole "stopping the aging process means death is conquered" drivel, but I find it funny you picked a prophesy from the Book of Revelations, i.e., the bringing back of the dead, as proof science will eventually help put an end to religious beliefs. :laugh:

Well, I am assuming you are a christer, so I used an example you would be familiar with.

But in all seriousness, how different are your beliefs from those who are religious? You have absolutley zero evidence that "death will be conquered by science."

Because logic and science shows their is no fairy tale after death, no spirit, no sun god or whatever, it's like the whole basis of irrational thought that there is a teapot orbiting the sun, too small for us to see with telescopes, yet some people point out that because we cannot see it it is still possible for it to be there, total nonsense. (and yes I jacked that example from a movie)

One day the concept of a afterlife will be another one to toss on the scrap heap like how a fairy in the sky used to fart out or whatever lighting bolts when there is a storm. Same difference.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Well, I am assuming you are a christer, so I used an example you would be familiar with.

You obviously failed to see the irony in your own belief that the coming true of a biblical prophesy would actually cause people to stop believing in the bible.

But in all seriousness, how different are your beliefs from those who are religious? You have absolutley zero evidence that "death will be conquered by science."

Because logic and science shows their is no fairy tale after death, no spirit, no sun god or whatever, it's like the whole basis of irrational thought that there is a teapot orbiting the sun, too small for us to see with telescopes, yet some people point out that because we cannot see it it is possible for it to be there, total nonsense. (and yes I jacked that example from a movie)

One day the concept of a afterlife will be another one to toss on the scrap heap like how a fairy in the sky used to fart out or whatever lighting bolts when there is a storm. Same difference.

You used the word "shows" when you should have used the words, "will show." I hope.

But that is my whole point. You believe in something of which you have zero evidence.

And you also failed to answer my questions...

Are you willing to bring back to life those who physically suffer from incurable disease? Bring back to life those who have been aborted? Bring back to life those who have murdered? Bring back to life those who are religious?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

But that is my whole point. You believe in something of which you have zero evidence.

Are you willing to bring back to life those who physically suffer from incurable disease? Bring back to life those who have been aborted? Bring back to life those who have murdered? Bring back to life those who are religious?

I would assume anyone long since dead has sustained such neurological damage they would be a vegtable anyhow, this is a pointless question as this is in the future and was only brought up as a example, note the sci-fi disclaimer.

:laugh: The burden of proof does not lie upon the sceptic to disprove the unfalsifiable claims of religion.

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."
-Bertrand Russell

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I would assume anyone long since dead has sustained such neurological damage they would be a vegtable anyhow, this is a pointless question as this is in the future and was only brought up as a example, note the sci-fi disclaimer.

So, in the future, there will be no incurable disease? No murderers?

This is one hell of a series of beliefs you have going here. ;)

:laugh: The burden of proof does not lie upon the sceptic to disprove the unfalsifiable claims of religion.

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."
-Bertrand Russell

I'm not trying to prove God exists. I am also not asking you to prove God does not exist. So, I wonder why you posted that quote.

But you seem to be doing one of two things here...

1) Proving that scienctific breakthroughs will one day discredit the notion of God and/or an afterlife.

2) Believing that scienctific breakthroughs will one day discredit the notion of God and/or an afterlife.

Now, I will assume it is not #1, for obvious reasons.

What I am trying to get you to see is that your quote of Mr. Bertrand Russell above actually refers to your belief (#2) just as much as it refers to Christian, or other religous, beliefs. But I don't think you'll see it, well, because people don't like to see their own hypocrisy. I mean you laugh at people for believing in stuff that is illogical and that which cannot be proven, all the while believing in something that is illogical and which you yourself cannot prove.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Americans arnt pussies like Europeans. Give me liberty or give me death is the ethos so I don't see it happening like Europe which is already totally dhimmified. Even USA muslims are very moderate and cool and cast away all that bullsh1t from ME.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Zebo
Americans arnt pussies like Europeans. Give me liberty or give me death is the ethos so I don't see it happening like Europe which is already totally dhimmified. Even USA muslims are very moderate and cool and cast away all that bullsh1t from ME.

That BS isn't even really islamic - that is why a lot of it is cast away. :thumbsup:

If anything of this laughable thread occurred - I would fight it based on the fact that we are about the freedom of the individual; as an individual I can choose to follow simple rules in the Quran, but I can't ever "Choose" to force it on another person. Islamic "Sharia" as its been implemented often ignores what is stated in the Quran, or the fact that if a person amends for his wrongs then leave him be...rather its focus is on punishment and carrying out sentences on laws that don't even exist - because these are cultural relics of tribal culture of long ago.

Btw, still find this thread ridiculously amusing at what it claims :D I'm still chuckling at the fact that "we" convert 10,000 women to Islam every year only to divorce them lol!