ISIS takes control of Mosul.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I said back in 2010

"Just sit back bro and watch the fireworks. There is no way the Sunni will allow the " rarefied dogs" Shi'a economic and political domain over them. The only thing stopping it is US troops. "

Civil War has been hot despite US media virtual blackout to make us forget of monumental failure there and HC fundis ISIS grabbed control of Iraq's 3rd largest city which has tons of oil in the burbs. At this point I predict Iraq will become the myth Bush said it was before war even started, a global sponsor of worldwide terror and disrupt all the middle east.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Secu...hy-Mosul-s-fall-is-a-signature-moment-in-Iraq

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I wonder at what point Iraqis will realize just how bad they keep f*cking themselves...?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
ISIS - I remember her fondly. Maybe not quite as hot as Wonder Woman with that bondage thing going on, but still.

What?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Finally a terrorist organization name that I would pay to see Americans fight.

It sounds like something out of GI Joe.

Go get em GI Joes!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Tribalism isn't that simple. The people of Iraq needed Saddam. We went and f'ed it up.

Sort of. I still think there would have been an entirely different outcome had Rumsfield listened to the joint chiefs and put 300,000 soldiers in Iraq initially instead of half that number. Then Bremer did not help by disbanding the Iraqi military... sending a large number of people to the non-existent unemployment line with nothing other to do than to start attacking the coalition troops.

But I am getting the general feeling that all these counties in the middle east collapse without iron fisted dictators keeping the warring religious groups apart.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Sort of. I still think there would have been an entirely different outcome had Rumsfield listened to the joint chiefs and put 300,000 soldiers in Iraq initially instead of half that number. Then Bremer did not help by disbanding the Iraqi military... sending a large number of people to the non-existent unemployment line with nothing other to do than to start attacking the coalition troops.

But I am getting the general feeling that all these counties in the middle east collapse without iron fisted dictators keeping the warring religious groups apart.

I think the the USA should possibly start for profit occupation of these areas. It would keep the peace in the region, it would also stop any military budget concerns dead in its tracks too.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I suspect that Islam and democracy are fundamentally incompatible.

Yeah, cause Christianity and democracy are totally compatible. Which must be why the founding fathers rebelled against their appointed-by-divine-right Christian king.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
a410_18.jpg

Come on, am I the only one?

cuafpr

Nov 5, 2009
Wait, but GW Bush told me mission accomplished. Why the fighting then?

two different missions the "accomplished" mission was the defeat of Iraq, this was the rebuilding of Iraq that failed, due to shitty polices by Bush and Obama. However Obama was the last so its on him, and its a prime reason why you never ever ever ever ever, publicly state when you are pulling troops out....

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
two different missions the "accomplished" mission was the defeat of Iraq, this was the rebuilding of Iraq that failed, due to shitty polices by Bush and Obama. However Obama was the last so its on him, and its a prime reason why you never ever ever ever ever, publicly state when you are pulling troops out....

We blundered in and overturned a delicate balance of power where the Sunnis ruled for the last 1500 years.

We don't understand the history, we don't understand the politics, we don't understand the people, and they sure as shit don't want to listen to us.

We were never going to impose our will on Iraq. Not if we stayed another year or decade. We would just burn up more blood and treasure on a pointless mission.

Nice job trying to blame Obama. Some ideas were just too bad to fix.
This is all on bush and the GOP.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Unfortunately, momeNt, we all have already paid dearly for the 'American fight' of the past 13 years.

We've paid monetarily as our country's economy has been seriously weakened. We've paid in blood, with the lives of our dear military service people. And we've paid in job, all that have been lost because of the financial destruction that had been wreaked on our economy.

And we're still paying in those currencies; both to this very day, and to the forseeable future ahead.

Your steroid-induced statement is nothing to take lightly.

Finally a terrorist organization name that I would pay to see Americans fight.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I think this topic is going to go huge in the up coming months
I'd rather contribute to Zebo's thread rather then Incors

Unfortunately, momeNt, we all have already paid dearly for the 'American fight' of the past 13 years.

We've paid monetarily as our country's economy has been seriously weakened. We've paid in blood, with the lives of our dear military service people. And we've paid in job, all that have been lost because of the financial destruction that had been wreaked on our economy.

And we're still paying in those currencies; both to this very day, and to the forseeable future ahead.

Who do you blame for all this destruction to America?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

Okay, fine, but fighting ISIS will actually help politician's capital compared to fighting Al-Qaeda. It's a name that has a villain ring to it. That is all I am saying.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Let them get strong. Let them build ships. When they sail toward our shores, we sink them.