Is your dixiesys website down?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: dcdomain
Kinda getting annoyed at all the downtime. Fortunately they are never down for more than one night, but it's happening a little too often... in addition, there are a lot of better deals out there, so I think I'll probably be moving off Dixiesys once the one year contract is up.

I am annoyed by the downtime but then I remind myself that I am not trying to make money off my site and that it only costs $20 a year. I had great service the first year but in the last couple months, it has been acting up. Hopefully the Ensim upgrade will fix this problem.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: amdskip
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
Anyone know why they went back down today? I am unable to hit anything Dixiesys..
Just server 12 is down, sounds like a hard drive failure or crash. Anyways, they are changing the server from plesk to ensim so that should some getting used to.

Dixiesys Thread on the topic

Thanks for the link. Based on the extended downtime, and the crappy attitude of some of the admins/mods (Dixiesys
employees) I won't be using them for any hosting.

Some dickwad named "joe" replied with this after a customer posted he was frustrated:

Please open a support ticket and include your receipt numbers so we can insure your account is closed promptly, and completely. Best of luck at your future host.

What a smartass!

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
thank god i moved over to server 5. originally, i was on server 12 (plesk) but asked to be moved after server 5 was setup with Ensim.

Please open a support ticket and include your receipt numbers so we can insure your account is closed promptly, and completely. Best of luck at your future host.

What a smartass!

yeah. ive noticed that on the forums. when someone really complains about something, they'll pretty much point you toward the door out instead of actually addressing the problem. i've never had a problem with my account though.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000