Is your dixiesys website down?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
We're rebuilding a drive array on www12 now... one of the drives took a hard crash, but the data is safe. Gary is rebuilding the boot - we're probably looking at a couple hours till completion.

Joe

Source - forums.dixiesys.com

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Yeah, my site is down also but I am on 12. It's annoying but I can't remember the last time it was down. Well worth the $20 I pay a year for 200 MBs and 6 GBs transfer.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: dquan97
yup, I'm on 12. :(

Any other way to check my email or do I have to wait this out?

Since the whole server is down, your gonna have to wait it out.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
If you would like to speak to dixiesys employees directly, check out their IRC channel at:

Server: irc.dixiesys.net
Channel: #help

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
server 12 got infected by the cyberwings virus and is temporarily vacationing in the bahamas. fortunately they have 27 other servers

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
If you would like to speak to dixiesys employees directly, check out their IRC channel at:

they have time to chat on irc? one would think they'd be busy trying to fix their crappy stuff

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: TranceNation
Originally posted by: aphex

they have time to chat on irc? one would think they'd be busy trying to fix their crappy stuff

you're an idiot..... and your ugly website proves it :)

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
Anyone know why they went back down today? I am unable to hit anything Dixiesys..

Could be a router in your area (or on route to dixie), as i am able to navigate there just fine.

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: hevnsnt
Anyone know why they went back down today? I am unable to hit anything Dixiesys..
Just server 12 is down, sounds like a hard drive failure or crash. Anyways, they are changing the server from plesk to ensim so that should some getting used to.

Dixiesys Thread on the topic

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Kinda getting annoyed at all the downtime. Fortunately they are never down for more than one night, but it's happening a little too often... in addition, there are a lot of better deals out there, so I think I'll probably be moving off Dixiesys once the one year contract is up.