Is Trump the new Chamberlain?

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
First lets look at the parallels. Neville Chamberlain was a mediocre businessman with at least one failed business venture. Who ultimately needed his parents money to achieve anything. He also went into politics as a conservative.

In 1938 Germany seized control of Austria. Nazi Germany's next target was the Sudentland a large German speaking region of Czechoslovakia. Later that year Chamberlain met Hitler at Berchtesgaden. To discuss Hitler's intention to annex the Sudentland.

Chamberlain agreed that Germany could annex the Sudentland if a referendum of the Sudentland Germans approved it. He had also received assurances from Hitler that Germany had no further territorial ambitions.

Later that year. The German military invaded Czechoslovakia and annexed the Sudentland to Germany. By mid 1939 the Nazi's had occupied the entire country. However it wasn't until the Nazis invaded Poland later on that year. That the largest conflict in human history kicked off.

Lets look at the similarities. First Replace Hitler with Putin and Chamberlain with Trump.

The Russians had the Crimeans hold a referendum in regards to whether they wanted to be annexed to Russia. Which Ukraine and the rest of the international community refused to recognise. So Hitler ...um I mean Putin invaded. While some ineffectual idiot (Trump) pandered to him.

The parallels are stunning and in my view quite frightening. Is Russia's real intent to have trump run interference for them while they plan to invade other European countries?

NostaSeronx

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2011
The armored battalion division of the RUS mil has been over-produced. So much so, they thought about paying Iran to take some surplus. Except, Iran was like nope *yoink*. We are overproducing too, former lesser satan!

Russian Federation doesn't need Trump, they are pretty far along on the ground side. The area where they will have issues is sea and air, but those aren't far behind.

There are two major and one minor build up:
@ Japan // Far East Theater
and
@ Poland // West Theater
and
@ Canada // Arctic Theater

Iran and China have the Middle East well within control.

How and when the Pop War goes off, no one knows.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Chamberlain was a fool but I do think he was really trying to do what he felt was best for his people and really wanted to avoid getting involved in another war. Trump's motivation seems to be way less than that.

Feb 4, 2009
I was going to say he’s definitely not the new Wilt Chamberlain

roazGPM.jpg

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The hilarious bit is that this doesn't even include Trump's failure in North Korea, which mirrors Chamberlain's appeasement quite neatly. In both cases, they made hollow concessions to achieve meaningless promises from dishonest dictators... and made big shows of the pieces of paper involved in those meaningless promises.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
His seemingly lack of concern for Russian Hacking and constant defence of Putin seems Chamberlainesqueish.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Trump has the foresight of Chamberlain and the inherent tendencies of Mussolini. Worst qualities of both

Reactions: whm1974

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Chamberlain was so slavishly dedicated to peace that he did everything he possibly could to maintain it, including actively working against Austria and Czechoslovakia to the point of those two ceasing being independent states. Only when Hitler next demanded Poland did he wise up. Hell, if Chamberlain had just been amenable to a French-British-Russian defence pact WW2 would have never happened.

Trump on the other hand is ignorant to a level never before seen on the world stage, and likely senile. I doubt he's actually a Russian intelligence agent but every move he makes positively screams that he "owes" people in Russia and thus Trump goes easy on them wherever possible. He does nothing on principle or for an overarching goal; he's got the attention span of a housefly.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
No.

He's a 'Strong Man' wannabe who just wants to join the club with the other 'big boys' like Vladi.

So far the guy he reminds me the most of is Mussolini only with less practical knowledge and no real, formed, ideology.