Is there one state in which we can all agree kicks the other 49s asses?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: everman
California has an unlimited supply of forces coming in from the south to replenish the troops, we can zerg rush any state and win.

Texas has the guns to repel said invasion.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: everman
California has an unlimited supply of forces coming in from the south to replenish the troops, we can zerg rush any state and win.

Texas can say the same thing.

I grew up in the Southern parts of the US and had been to many states in the US and to other countries/continents.

All States (or any countries on Earth) have the goods and the bads. You just have to pick which state is "best suit/fit" for your wants and needs.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
despite it's glaring poverty, and high crime rate, i cannot say enough about new mexico. it really is something else. the people are kind, and the land itself does seem enchanted.

as for real ass-kicking, i vote texas.

florida sucks.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: adairusmc
Blue states get automatically disqualified in this contest, even my home state.

Kommiefornia loses twice because that state hates freedom.

Bah, no need to divide the country by blue and red. That's a weak minded view if you ask me. Shouldn't we love our fellow Americans even if we cannot agree with them on every issue? Isn't that the American way?

There are plenty of conservatives in this state as I'm sure there are plenty of libs in your precious red states. :p

Really, I am sick to death of this "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality. It is horribly unproductive. How would businesses run if everyone in them embraced this mentality when it comes to solving problems or when looking for new ideas? I can answer that in two words: They wouldn't.

No way man! it's my way or the highway! GTFO of my country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the only perspective that makes us successful (see how wonderfully it's worked this last decade?)

:p

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Hafen

TX...whatever. Way too hot and too many dumb fat evangelical Texans. Some parts are nice, but any state that is responsible for GWB losses 50pts automatically. NASCAR sucks. Learn to turn right dummies.

The South..again, too hot and too many fundies. Too many racist hicks too. Nascar sucks. The steering wheel works in both directions homos.
The Midwest... too cold in winter and too boring. You grow corn? Good for you. Nascar sucks. Even my dog gets bored watching cars go around the same circle for 4 hrs.

Now that's my kind of rant :thumbsup:

I'm with you 98%, but I'm from the South, so I assure you that we aren't all like that. We choose to progress slowly (easier that way when it's so fraking hot)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Hmmm, looks like the 3 posters we have from Texas have been doing some creative voting! (vote early and vote often!)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Juno
Originally posted by: lozina
Dude, how can Jersey the home of the Meadowlands have more votes than New York ?! Comon, we got all the money if we can't physically beat California or Texas we can buy 'em off!

new jersey has more millionaires than the rest

pwnt.

so, where do all those NJ residents make those millions of dollars?

...I assure you it isn't from working in Joisey.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Oh, is there any question it's California?

Teh winnar HAS to be Kahleeforneeya...

We have:
Hollywierd
Berzerkely
San Fran-Sissy
La-La Land

Oh yeah...and San Diego>*

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Oregon has stunning beaches, high deserts, lush valleys, kick-ass mountains (and ranges), the Columbia gorge, etc and so on.

We also sport one of the most progressive cities in the country in Portland (little Beirut), and also vast agricultural areas. We got the hippies, rednecks, business tycoons, environmental activists, christians, intel, nike, and several large universities. Something for everyone here.

It's sorta like California without the Californians or cost of living. That's of course changing what with the last 20 years of Californian immigration.

A lot of this stuff could be said for WA state too, but I don't live there anymore so screw it.

Plus we got RossMAN.

The only thing that sucks about Oregon is the fact that for 9 months of the year, seeing the sun is a rare and special treat. Unless you go south or east, but then you lose a lot of the things you just talked about.

From someone who spent 33 years there.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Dude, how can Jersey the home of the Meadowlands have more votes than New York ?! Comon, we got all the money if we can't physically beat California or Texas we can buy 'em off!

pwnt.

i take that you never visited jersey.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: zinfamous

pwnt.

i take that you never visited jersey.

The last I saw, Tony Soprano was doing pretty well...

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: zoiks
Originally posted by: adairusmc
Blue states get automatically disqualified in this contest, even my home state.

Kommiefornia loses twice because that state hates freedom.

Borregon has a good coast and it would be a great state except for the rednecks that live there.

I think it's funny that some people think Oregon is full of conservative rednecks and others think it's full of liberal hippies. The truth is that it depends on what part of the state you have been to. If you've been in Eugene or Portland, it's a liberal state. Anywhere else and it's a conservative state. Geographically, the vast majority of Oregon is conservative. By population, it's probably pretty close to 50/50.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oregon consists of 2 parts. The Willamette Valley, where ~75% of the people live, and the rest of the state. Just to show how little most people know about the state, only the Willamette Valley and the coastal areas are rainy (well, and the Umpqua Valley is too, but who really cares about Roseburg?). Most of the state is a desert.

And California is a great place to visit, but you could not pay me enough to live there.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I have nothing against California, but is it just me or do they get hit with just about every natural disaster known to man? Floods, earthquakes, wildfires, droughts, tornadoes, mudslides... about the only thing they don't get is hurricanes and giant monster attacks (apparently we get the brunt of them here in NYC). Granted, it is a big state, and they do have nice normal weather, but I like the range of weather we get here in NY. The worst we get in natural disasters, usually anyways, is winter storms (and can't complain compared to some of the other states in the union, though parts of NY do get a lot of snow).

EDIT: Wow, I was looking for a site that lists which states get hit by which natural disasters, and I found this site (FEMA For Kids).

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: homercles337
Originally posted by: daveymark
Only reason california has more votes is because there are more ATOT'ers living there.

Texas > *

That is just bullshit delusional thinking. I dont live in california, yet i recognize it as the best state. Tejas is near the bottom, for obvious reasons, but dont worry youre higher on the list than states like GA, MS, AL, OK, AK, SC, and the like.

Don't take it personal , kid - your state is a shithole. If not living there somehow gives more voting sway, then so be it - I don't live in Texas, and I recognize TX as the best state. sorry if that gets your panties in a bunch, but that's just the way it is.

Feel free to point out the "obvious reasons" that Cali would kick Texas ass :)

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Crono
I have nothing against California, but is it just me or do they get hit with just about every natural disaster known to man? Floods, earthquakes, wildfires, droughts, tornadoes, mudslides... about the only thing they don't get is hurricanes and giant monster attacks (apparently we get the brunt of them here in NYC). Granted, it is a big state, and they do have nice normal weather, but I like the range of weather we get here in NY. The worst we get in natural disasters, usually anyways, is winter storms (and can't complain compared to some of the other states in the union, though parts of NY do get a lot of snow).

EDIT: Wow, I was looking for a site that lists which states get hit by which natural disasters, and I found this site (FEMA For Kids).

Like everything else with the state, there is a diverse selection of natural disasters that can knock down your house.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
??? who in the hell voted for Alabama and Texas? hahah Vermont got a few votes too!

I seriously cannot decide what the best state is. They all have too many bad things.. I would vote MA but it is too damn cold.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: spittledip
??? who in the hell voted for Alabama and Texas? hahah Vermont got a few votes too!

I seriously cannot decide what the best state is. They all have too many bad things.. I would vote MA but it is too damn cold.
No shit, the winters here are way to damn long.