is there anything better than a great baked potato

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I've noticed a recent trend in eating. Folks will eat mashed potatoes all day long but, won't touch a baked potato. I think it's pretty bizarre that many would rather eat instant mash than a baked potato.

Apparently, the food companies have succeeded in demonizing the potato as the great evil (starch) but, the same customers have no problem downing massive quantities of mac and cheese, baked beans and, dinner rolls (the other white meat).

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I've noticed a recent trend in eating. Folks will eat mashed potatoes all day long but, won't touch a baked potato. I think it's pretty bizarre that many would rather eat instant mash than a baked potato.

Apparently, the food companies have succeeded in demonizing the potato as the great evil (starch) but, the same customers have no problem downing massive quantities of mac and cheese, baked beans and, dinner rolls (the other white meat).
I concur.

I love potatoes in any form, but I prefer baked and then mashed and followed by wedgies.

the skin is my favourite part.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Love baked potatoes but I have a tendency to cut them in half, squish out the insides and fill up the skin with too much butter.