Is The School Hiding Something? Kendrick Johnson Murder or Freak Accident?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I stopped posting about this case on this forum. Still talking about it elsewhere, though.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I don't know what the hell either of you are talking about. Don't worry about what other sites I frequent. I sure as hell don't give a shit about what either of you two are doing on other communities.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Yea? Well tell me what the point of posting:

is... other than to get people to think about the fact that you post about this case elsewhere? Something we weren't even aware of before.

Um.. no. I was just expressing that although I stopped posting in this thread I am still interested in talking about it and that I am still engaged in the story. No doubt if I would have simply said "I stopped posting about this story", people like you would assume that I've given up interest in it.

So, Fuck off. Stop assuming shit.

Last edited:

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Um.. no. I was just expressing that although I stopped posting in this thread I am still interested in talking about it and that I am still engaged in the story.

Fuck off.

I stand in awe of both your maturity and civility.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I stand in awe of both your maturity and civility.

Thanks. Civility is reserved for those worthy of my kindness.

This forum has given me tons of experience in dealing with assholes who aren't even worth the air they breathe. I'd tell you to get hit by a bus, but that isn't allowed here.

Sep 7, 2009
Most likely the investigators screwed up.

It's very common, actually. I feel bad for the family.

....That being said, I don't quite understand why this specific case is getting broad national attention.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
....That being said, I don't quite understand why this specific case is getting broad national attention.

As much as people say that its getting national attention, I haven't really heard about it on the news that much. We get little updates about the story here and there, but I haven't heard or seen anything else about it on tv in over two weeks.

Anyway, I feel that if the authorities weren't so reluctant to answer the family's questions....it wouldn't have been a big deal.

For example, we finally have an official statement about Kendrick's organs. Why so long to just say that they were too badly damaged? Why did it take so long after his body was exhumed for this to be communicated?

Sep 7, 2009
That's all normal MO when a government entity screws up.

I really doubt the school itself is involved in some conspiracy, they're acting like that to legally protect themselves. Again, normal.

It's gotten tons of attention.

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
The kid foolishly climbed into the mat and suffocated upside down. Could happen to anybody dumb enough to climb into a vertical rolled up 300+ lbs mat upside down (where no force can be exerted to flip it over).

When people die they often bleed through lots of orifices, especially when they are suspended in the air. It's likely that he either was injured before or bled shorty after death. Obviously very few of you have seen a dead body after hours of decomp. It's not pretty.

It sucks that this happened, and I get that the parents are looking for a reason why their son is dead, but sorry life ain't that simple. Weird shit happens, and any parent is going to believe there was some conspiracy to kill their son because they can't think of anything more important than their son's existence... so it MUST have been a conspiracy.

It's amazing how people just will not accept that improbable shit happens without some machiavellian villain masterminding it.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
The kid foolishly climbed into the mat and suffocated upside down. Could happen to anybody dumb enough to climb into a vertical rolled up 300+ lbs mat upside down (where no force can be exerted to flip it over).

When people die they often bleed through lots of orifices, especially when they are suspended in the air. It's likely that he either was injured before or bled shorty after death. Obviously very few of you have seen a dead body after hours of decomp. It's not pretty.

It sucks that this happened, and I get that the parents are looking for a reason why their son is dead, but sorry life ain't that simple. Weird shit happens, and any parent is going to believe there was some conspiracy to kill their son because they can't think of anything more important than their son's existence... so it MUST have been a conspiracy.

It's amazing how people just will not accept that improbable shit happens without some machiavellian villain masterminding it.

Great post, and right on the money. :thumbsup:

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
CNN, which filed suit to secure access to the video, hired forensic video analyst Grant Fredericks to analyze more than 290 hours of material from all 35 cameras inside and outside of the gym. Fredericks is a U.S. Justice Department consultant and contract instructor for the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia.

... his examination raised what could be another mystery: at least an hour of missing video from all four cameras inside the gym.

"(The surveillance video has) been altered in a number of ways, primarily in image quality and likely in dropped information, information loss," he said. "There are also a number of files that are corrupted because they've not been processed correctly and they're not playable. I can't say why they were done that way, but they were not done correctly, and they were not done thoroughly. So we're missing information."

Two cameras in the gym are missing an hour and five minutes, their hiatus ending at 1:09, when Johnson enters the gym. Another pair of cameras are missing two hours and 10 minutes each. They don't begin recording again until 1:15 and 1:16, according to their time stamps.

What's certain, based on video from a camera outside the gym, is that numerous students walked into the gym during the hour and five minutes that the cameras weren't recording, but it's not clear whether that was sufficient to activate the cameras' motion sensors.

"I can't tell you whether there was no information recorded in the digital video system or whether somebody made an error and didn't capture it or whether somebody just didn't provide it," Fredericks said.

Interesting that all four camera's inside the gym are missing video.

Also interesting that rather than gathering the video information themselves, the local PD had the school provide it. Not gathering the evidence themselves is a pretty egregious violation of basic forensic process.

Uno

Last edited:

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
It's what these parents have been taught... This is how they handle the "unfair justice system".

Let me guess, the victim was black. The only way the statement above makes any sense at all is if the poster is a racist and the victim was black.

Sep 7, 2009
I treat all loser dregs of society the same.

Anyone who starts shrieking racism to gain advantage in a situation which clearly has nothing to do with race is nothing but trash scum, who is promoting divisiveness in our society.

Burnt umber, medium ivory, orange, I could not care less about skin color.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If the kid wasn't dead before he was put in the mat, and actually did this on his own, that's horrific

Providing that the kid didn't have any sort of brain aneurysm while upside down, he could have lived there for approximately 24 hours and been conscious for roughly half of that time provided that there was enough oxygen. Not sure if his torso created some sort of seal inside the mat causing him to suffocate instead of die due to the blood in his head.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I treat all loser dregs of society the same.

Anyone who starts shrieking racism to gain advantage in a situation which clearly has nothing to do with race is nothing but trash scum, who is promoting divisiveness in our society.

Burnt umber, medium ivory, orange, I could not care less about skin color.

Yep and just because certain problematic behaviors and mindsets are more frequently found in particular demographics as compared to others, within our society at this moment in history, does not mean you have to stop taking issue with those things to avoid being "racist"

Sep 7, 2009
I think all races do it. It's not healthy, from a societal perspective, to pick and choose who does it more.

It happens, it's disgusting and divisive, and should be shunned rather than celebrated.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Real Talk from Rev. Floyd Rose on the Kendrick Johnson Case

xOSQW9d.png

"A day after Kendrick Johnson's body was found in the old gym at Lowndes High School in early 2013, the grandfather asked me to come to the Johnsons' home. I did..., and I spoke candidly with them. At the time I sincerely thought that their son, KJ, had been the victim of foul play. I helped to organize a rally of more than 1600 people at the Courthouse complex in Valdosta, arranged for two more rallies at Serenity Church, including one with Rev. Al Sharpton, where he raised almost $5,000.00 for the family. We also gave them permission to use the building across the street from Serenity to plan, meet, and greet their supporters.

When members of the Johnson family committed acts of civil disobedience, I put up my personal residence to secure Mrs. Johnson's release on bond. In concert with a Valdosta Businessmen, the Valdosta-Lowndes County chapter of the Southern Christian n Leadership Conference offered a $10,000.00 reward for credible information which would lead to the arrest of the person(s) who might have been responsible for the death of Kendrick Johnson. After 90 days nobody came forward with any credible information, and the check was returned to Roy Taylor, the donor.

The information, by the way, was to be sent to the Johnson's lead attorney, C. B. King, and to Michael Moore, the Federal District Attorney for the southern district of Georgia.

I was stunned while I received a call from Mr. Johnson who angrily protested my offering the reward, and the family never posted a reward, which itself was puzzling, even though they continue to raise money, even after Michael Moore said that he agreed to look into Kendrick's death.

Finally, without any credible evidence, which has yet to be presented, that Kendrick Johnson was murdered, I would have to believe that the coroner, the district attorney, 6 GBI agents, investigators from the sheriff's office, the medical examiner in Atlanta, and Macon, members of the Georgia Investigation Division, and other school personnel, would have to be part of a massive cover-up, that someone, yet unknown, would have hatched, for reasons we don't know, at a time not yet determined.

In the 1950'or 60's, that would have been plausible, but in 2013-14, with facebook, twitter, and other social media, not to mention the whistle blower laws, and the $10,000.000 reward that nobody ever claimed, it is not likely.

While I would never claim to know why the father, nor the mother, is still not working, and they're continuing to raise money, I would never minimize their hurt and grief. But I lost a father, a mother, a brother, and two sisters, but I never stopped working to support my family. Life always goes on.

I just read something today that has not been authenticated which suggest that two pictures of KJ's disfigured face are being shopped around to raise money. I certainly hope that that is not true.

When this all began, I sincerely believed that the family really thought that Kendrick Johnson had been met with foul play, and they simply wanted to know the truth. Then suddenly the emphasis was shifted from "we don't know what happened, but want to know," to "who killed KJ?" and "Who killed our son?" And the lawyer's cry, "These parents sent their son off to school with a book bag, and he was sent back to them in a body bag."

When the FBI concludes its investigation, Michael Moore , based on the evidence alone, make his decision, whether KJ was murdered, or was the victim of a tragic accident, I hope that this family, their supporters, friends, and this community, can return to normal."

Floyd Rose
President
Valdosta-Lowndes County chapter
Southern- Christian leadership Conference

This now puts him in the company of the former local NAACP chair Leigh Touchton who, after an extremely exhaustive investigation of her own, concluded Kendrick had died in the way the police say he did.