Is the modern American Republican party a denial of hypocrisy?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Is it a defense against the applications of its own morality? I raise these question because it appears to be the the haven of distressed white males, all those privileged people of our insular past who are now being supplanted and made obsolete by global business and social culture. The most powerful man in the world is no longer seen as half white, but a black man. And the monotheistic white god worshiped in our historical past is turning into a woman as our children drink the increasingly estrogen-laced Plastic-Jesus water.

Is this how the folk who freed the slaves came to hate their forefathers? Did somebody fail to see that when you free the oppressed your position of privilege will be challenged? Is this how the guilt of the privileged turned into contempt for the freed?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Your preception of freedom is much in doubt. Your fear shows exceedingly and is becoming expeditious with each passing moment

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That's a pretty huge string of assumptions you have there moonie.

That's one assumption you have here, Greenman. Care to make a case for it rather than an assertion of opinion? Can you list a huge number of assumptions that I made?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Your preception of freedom is much in doubt. Your fear shows exceedingly and is becoming expeditious with each passing moment

Your job is to show what my perception of freedom is. I have no idea what you are thinking. You can't just announce that I am frightened. You need to show how what I said demonstrates fear. You need to define how fear can be expeditious with time. But if you care to only make that one post it would be fine by me.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Is it a defense against the applications of its own morality? I raise these question because it appears to be the the haven of distressed white males, all those privileged people of our insular past who are now being supplanted and made obsolete by global business and social culture. The most powerful man in the world is no longer seen as half white, but a black man. And the monotheistic white god worshiped in our historical past is turning into a woman as our children drink the increasingly estrogen-laced Plastic-Jesus water.

Is this how the folk who freed the slaves came to hate their forefathers? Did somebody fail to see that when you free the oppressed your position of privilege will be challenged? Is this how the guilt of the privileged turned into contempt for the freed?

LOL. The slaves weren't freed. The government just took over for the plantation owners. After all, the government claims your labor just as the plantation owners claimed their slaves' labor, and unless you pay the government on their claim (income tax), they will throw you in a cage just as a slave owner would throw his slaves in a cage.

Stop kidding yourself. You're no less owned than the slaves of the old Antebellum South.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The republican party doesn't exist any more, it's been taken over by idiots, extremists, and hypocrites.

Stupidity has been given a voice and it's name is the republican party.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

Far out. That's heavy, man. I'm tryin' to wrap my head around why a man that identifies himself as black is black. Hey don't bogart that man, pass it over here.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
LOL. The slaves weren't freed. The government just took over for the plantation owners. After all, the government claims your labor just as the plantation owners claimed their slaves' labor, and unless you pay the government on their claim (income tax), they will throw you in a cage just as a slave owner would throw his slaves in a cage.

Stop kidding yourself. You're no less owned than the slaves of the old Antebellum South.

Ooooh! False equivalency from the Libertopian fringe!

Can the Massa sell me, boff my daughters, kill me just because he feels like it? Am I prevented from going where I want, even leaving the Country?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Far out. That's heavy, man. I'm tryin' to wrap my head around why a man that identifies himself as black is black. Hey don't bogart that man, pass it over here.

Figure out why Whites identify him as Black... His ancestry & upbringing are entirely different than that of American blacks whose ancestors were slaves...

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Ooooh! False equivalency from the Libertopian fringe!

There's nothing false about it, slave.

Can the Massa sell me, boff my daughters, kill me just because he feels like it?
Sure, why not? The NDAA says your massa can either make you disappear or kill you if he wants.

Am I prevented from going where I want, even leaving the Country?
Sure, you can leave the United States slave plantation and live on another nation-state slave plantation if you like. All the slave master governments of the planet have gotten together to form agreements that allow their slaves to essentially be "free range" slaves, which allows them to be slaves almost anywhere they want. It's the same thing as a farm where the farmer allows his animals to walk around and do anything they want. Slaves who falsely believe that they are free are far more productive than slaves who know they owned.

Hey, you can attack the messenger all you like, but it won't change the fact that you are owned, pal. You are a slave whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That's one assumption you have here, Greenman. Care to make a case for it rather than an assertion of opinion? Can you list a huge number of assumptions that I made?

Thanks, but no, I don't care to make a case. I just finished a minor repair on my V-Rod, the sun is shinning, it's a beautiful fall day, and I'm going to go for a ride. Maybe meet up with a friend for lunch. There is a burger place about 40 miles away that has outstanding food, and the best onion rings I've ever had. Seems like a lot more fun than arguing foolish ideas on the internet.

Have a great day Moonie.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009

Sure, why not? The NDAA says your massa can either make you disappear or kill you if he wants.

Sure, you can leave the United States slave plantation and live on another nation-state slave plantation if you like. All the slave master governments of the planet have gotten together to form agreements that allow their slaves to essentially be "free range" slaves, which allows them to be slaves almost anywhere they want. It's the same thing as a farm where the farmer allows his animals to walk around and do anything they want. Slaves who falsely believe that they are free are far more productive than slaves who know they owned.

Hey, you can attack the messenger all you like, but it won't change the fact that you are owned, pal. You are a slave whether you like it or not.

Please stop posting

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Thanks, but no, I don't care to make a case. I just finished a minor repair on my V-Rod, the sun is shinning, it's a beautiful fall day, and I'm going to go for a ride. Maybe meet up with a friend for lunch. There is a burger place about 40 miles away that has outstanding food, and the best onion rings I've ever had. Seems like a lot more fun than arguing foolish ideas on the internet.

Have a great day Moonie.

This is true for every post you've ever made but you will likely post again. You enjoy arguing on the internet with what you think are foolish ideas so long as you don't have to think about making a case for your own opinions. Maybe later I will make one for you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Called on false equivalency, you just spew more, with added conspiracy theory, too!

Why am i unsurprised?

Our govt barely cares at all wrt what I do, so long as I pay taxes, obey a minimal set of rules. They'll even defend my family & my property with those rules, provide for me if I'm unable to do so myself. If I call, the fire dept, the cops & the paramedics will come to help me out, over ebil gubmint roads, take me to the nearest ebil gubmint hospital if I need it, give me ebil gubmint tested drugs in the care of ebil gubmint licensed healthcare professionals. That same ebil gubmint inspects the food I eat & the facilities where it's processed, even dictates what kind of contracts are honorable, unfairly protecting me from the oh so benevolent ministrations of the financial community. Maybe I'll take a plane from an ebil gubmint airport, be directed to my destination by ebil gubmint air traffic controllers. But they're EEeebiiilll! Ebil!

They can't sell my children or force me to work in the sun pickin' cotton all day, prevent me from speaking my mind or associating with whom I choose. Hell, at this point in my life I don't even have to work for anybody, not even myself, because I could file for SS on Monday & start collecting a govt pension as well.

All of which puts me in the same position as a field slave in the antebellum South, right?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Called on false equivalency, you just spew more, with added conspiracy theory, too!

Why am i unsurprised?

Our govt barely cares at all wrt what I do, so long as I pay taxes, obey a minimal set of rules. They'll even defend my family & my property with those rules, provide for me if I'm unable to do so myself. If I call, the fire dept, the cops & the paramedics will come to help me out, over ebil gubmint roads, take me to the nearest ebil gubmint hospital if I need it, give me ebil gubmint tested drugs in the care of ebil gubmint licensed healthcare professionals. That same ebil gubmint inspects the food I eat & the facilities where it's processed, even dictates what kind of contracts are honorable, unfairly protecting me from the oh so benevolent ministrations of the financial community. Maybe I'll take a plane from an ebil gubmint airport, be directed to my destination by ebil gubmint air traffic controllers. But they're EEeebiiilll! Ebil!

They can't sell my children or force me to work in the sun pickin' cotton all day, prevent me from speaking my mind or associating with whom I choose. Hell, at this point in my life I don't even have to work for anybody, not even myself, because I could file for SS on Monday & start collecting a govt pension as well.

All of which puts me in the same position as a field slave in the antebellum South, right?

The beauty of this is that those similarly insane want to replace the government with their own kind. But the sad fact about the paranoid is that they will distrust themselves only when they have killed off every other threat and are the last person alive. Juror is a very sick person but he has no idea. He lives in a perpetual state of childhood trauma. It was his parents who were the real monsters. But you know how it is. Honor thy parents. But you can honor them and still see where they are sick just as we must honor Juror because he knows not what he does.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Well I just don't know anymore whats what . Read this Mormons befor they got to America . The Story of Joey Smith is Available on line created by the mormons . In the time frame mentioned I just don't see how Romneys can be Mormons At that time . Scratches head.

(Reuters) - Mitt Romney's fight to become America's next president has the backing of one enthusiastic group of supporters, although they don't actually have a vote: his relatives in England.

Few associate the Republican candidate with Britain but it was in England's industrial northwest that his ancestors lived for generations and converted to Mormonism before leaving for the United States in 1841 in search of the promised land.

It was a bold escape for a family of lowly carpenters. By sailing for the New World they took a step that eventually brought the Romney clan to the fore of American politics.

But some of them stayed and their descendants still live along Britain's rainy western coast - a world away from the intrigue and glamour of Washington.

One is a 69-year-old English widow who discovered just a few weeks ago that she is a distant cousin of the former governor of Massachusetts.

"It's all come out of the blue," Jennie Iveson told Reuters in her modest home in Barrow-in-Furness, a shipyard town once at the heart of Britain's industrial revolution. "It's a surprise really. Quite a surprise. Big surprise."

Iveson's link to Romney came to light when her inquisitive grandson-in-law began tracing back their family history by delving into archives in their home county of Lancashire.

Records show that Iveson is Mitt Romney's fourth cousin - they share a great-great-great grandfather, George Romney, who died in 1859. And now she can't help but notice that her distant American relative does bear a striking family resemblance.

"I saw him on the telly twice the other day, last week I think. He looks a bit like my brother," said Iveson, a retired factory worker, most of whose children have no jobs.

"(My brother) looks quite like him. He had dark hair like him. It's all grey now. He (Romney) looks like our Mike. Same sort of face and everything."

She offers a shrug and a smile when asked about Romney's wealth and privileged status in the United States, where he is sometimes accused by critics of being out of touch with poor people. "I wish him luck and everything else," she said.

ONE OF THE WEALTHIEST

Romney is one of the wealthiest Americans ever to run for the White House. He has estimated his fortune at between $190 million and $250 million.

But for Romney, his faith and English roots remain a sensitive issue, partly because his Mormon religion is still regarded with suspicion by some American voters.

When he came to Britain in July this year, Romney did not visit the area where his family have their roots - unusual since emphasizing a European heritage is often seen as an electoral plus in U.S. politics.

Barack Obama, who faces Romney in the November 6 presidential election, went down well last year when he toured an Irish village where one of his forebears once lived.

Romney's campaign spokeswoman made no comment when asked how the Republican challenger felt about his English origins.

In Lancashire, the county the candidate's ancestors left behind, Romney enthusiasts offered their own explanation.

"He is Mormon and this is Mormon central," said Christopher Nelson, a local vicar with an interest in Romney's heritage. "Perhaps he would perceive (coming here) as highlighting his Mormonism more than highlighting his roots."

His known relatives in England are genealogically so far removed that many of them were not even aware of the link until recently when the U.S. election campaign began to gather pace.

Amateur genealogist Simon Nash was astonished to discover while digging into regional records that his wife Maria was Mitt Romney's fourth cousin twice removed.

Poring over archival material and photos on his laptop in his home in the industrial city of Preston, Nash said it was a matter of tracing people back to a common ancestor - a fairly easy task since most records are available publicly in Britain.

The quest has certainly made Nash, whose day job involves dressing in a duck outfit and posing as a mascot for a local football team, more interested in U.S. politics.

"If he got in, America would be a completely different place in three years time to what it is now," he said. "I don't know if it will be for the better."

Nash's wife Maria, 32, was equally astounded by his researches.

"I was very much shocked ... It still feels like ... it's not quite happening to (me)," said Maria, who is Jennie Iveson's granddaughter. "It's quite an unreal feeling."

Would she like to meet Romney in the White House? "I think it would be very surreal," she said with a shy giggle. "I would like to go there for a brew (cup of tea) if he ever got in there."

WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

The village of Dalton-in-Furness, a picturesque scattering of mediaeval cottages, is where the Romney clan began. Its men are still remembered there as hard-working carpenters.

One of them was William Romney, who gained notoriety for making his own coffin and putting it on display in his workshop before he died in 1915.

"I get the impression that quite a few Romneys were carpenters. It seems to be a family trait," Jim Walton, a Dalton historian, said outside a canary-yellow cottage where William Romney used to live and work.

"Should Mitt Romney succeed and become the next president of the United States, he would be able to look around in pride and say: 'My great great granddad came from Dalton-in-Furness'. Well, I hope he can say that in pride."

Dalton has plenty of Romney-related history. Its most famous son was George Romney, who went to London and became one of the most celebrated portrait painters of the 18th century.

Two streets and a park are named after the artist, who is said to have had a secret affair with the mistress of Lord Nelson, the naval hero who defeated the French at Trafalgar.

George was buried in the churchyard of St Mary's parish church - where Mitt Romney's great-great grandparents, Elizabeth and Miles, were baptized and married before converting to the Mormon faith in 1837 and moving to the United States.

Their daughter Sarah's baptism record from the year before is still in the archives in Preston, with her father's vocation - joiner - scribbled in an old parish book.

"It's a fascinating story that Dalton holds," said Rev. Alan Mitchell, gazing over the town's skyline from the top of a church tower - a view that has changed little since Romneys lived here. Pointing at a couple of old communion cups, he added: "The Romneys could have touched these."

At the time, Lancashire was a tough, polluted and chaotic place to live, and disease and drunkenness were rife. Mormon promises of a better and more orderly life fell on fertile ground.

"It was a grimy, mucky hell on earth," said Nelson, the vicar. "Why on earth you would want to stay here, if somebody tells you there is milk and honey elsewhere? It was a horrible place."

FREE TICKET

Early Mormon missionaries offered not only salvation but a free ticket to the United States.

They also gave Miles Romney a position of authority aboard a ship called the Sheffield, making the arrangement all the more attractive for a young and ambitious man with a large family.

But many other Romneys never converted and stayed behind in England, and the relatives who live here today know little about Mormonism.

In his autobiography, Mitt Romney said the family left England for New Orleans and travelled by steamer up the Mississippi to Nauvoo, Illinois, where they joined other Mormons. Later they followed Mormons in a trek across the plains to Utah. "Romneys are, by nature, an adventurous breed," he wrote.

The Mormon fascination with the souls of their ancestors means they have one of the world's biggest family history archives. The Mormon temple near Preston still contains records detailing the lives of British Romneys.

One document, describing the state of Miles Romney's family after emigration, listed his job as a joiner and said: "In 1850 Miles had a household of ten, and a real wealth of £200."

The area is still very much the heartland of British Mormonism. The Ribble, a local river, is known as the River Jordan of European Mormonism. This is where England's early Mormons were baptized.

A memorial near its muddy bank commemorates those early conversions. Europe's biggest Mormon temple is nearby, its spire towering high above the misty, rain-washed hills. Neatly dressed missionaries in dark suits and ties are frequent visitors.

"The missionaries that we see coming from America will have roots that originated here in England," said Bishop Michael Turner, leader of a local Mormon congregation. "It's an exciting time ... to have a candidate who is a member of the church."

But for some, Romney is an unpopular figure, particularly after he suggested during his visit this year that Britain was not ready to host the Olympic Games.

"I think Mitt Romney is rather careless in his choice of words sometimes," said Walton, the Dalton historian. "But there you are. Can't have everything, can you?"

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Our govt barely cares at all wrt what I do, so long as I pay taxes, obey a minimal set of rules.

Yep. There were slave owners in the Antebellum South who didn't care what their slaves did with their free time as long as they picked cotton/produced/payed their taxes.

No difference.

They'll even defend my family & my property with those rules, provide for me if I'm unable to do so myself.

Yes, the same way a farmer would protect his cows from a coyote. You have value to the government as a productive slave, so of course they are going to make an attempt to protect you from harm.

If I call, the fire dept, the cops & the paramedics will come to help me out, over ebil gubmint roads, take me to the nearest ebil gubmint hospital if I need it, give me ebil gubmint tested drugs in the care of ebil gubmint licensed healthcare professionals.

Yes, and if the farmer's cows moo loud enough to alert the farmer to a barn fire, the farmer will come and try to rescue his cows. The farmer might even seek veterinarian assistance for his injured cows.

No difference.

That same ebil gubmint inspects the food I eat & the facilities where it's processed...

Yes, the same way a farmer inspects his animals' feed.

No difference.

...even dictates what kind of contracts are honorable, unfairly protecting me from the oh so benevolent ministrations of the financial community.

Yes, the government has an interest in protecting its racket and making sure its slaves stay productive, so it chases out harmful competitors.

Maybe I'll take a plane from an ebil gubmint airport, be directed to my destination by ebil gubmint air traffic controllers. But they're EEeebiiilll! Ebil!

Yes, your owners will allow you travel around, again, because you are a free range slave, and slaves who believe they are free are far more productive than slaves who know they are captive.

Ingenious, isn't it?

They can't sell my children...

Why would they want to do that when there's far more value in allowing you to raise them into adult tax slaves.

...or force me to work in the sun pickin' cotton all day...

Yes, because you produce more when you believe you are free.

We've already covered that.

...prevent me from speaking my mind or associating with whom I choose.

You speaking your and associating with other slaves represents little to no threat to your owners.

Hell, at this point in my life I don't even have to work for anybody, not even myself, because I could file for SS on Monday & start collecting a govt pension as well.

Many slave owners in the Antebellum South allowed there older slaves who already provided a sufficient return on their investment to "retire" to a life of leisure. This serves as an inducement to the slaves/tax cows to produce like you did.

Yep, pretty much. There's no way to talk your way out of it, you are for all intents and purposes a slave.

Again, I'm just the messenger. There's no need to get angry at me.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Here is the story of Joey Smith At the 45 min mark you can see the Romney story is a complete lie ,

American Politics and the power of the media to change the true facts. Best to watch the entire thing when dates are given , And when the first missionaries went to england , I suspect alot of Romney money went into making this movie . Follow the times lines you will see what I saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVw6PsSinI

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

The reason you are having trouble is that you can't think. You are so used to living in an altered reality that you imagine that one can self identify ones race. That would mean a pineapple can become a banana by saying so.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
In whatever country the political right has always used cunning , guile ,
as its sole mean to deceive the people and subjugate him and the US
rightists are no exception.